McCoist on Gardening Leave; McDowall in Charge Until End of Season

haie

I was actually wondering about that myself.

Not that I didn't know, but I always thought an ex-Bheast employee becoming our manager would cause an outcry.

It probably would have had a massive outcry if like O'Neill or Lennon were appointed manager but Kenny has been here for the past 7 years which probably is what most people are thinking of. I reckon if Strachan came out and said "I want the Rangers job" (he won't but I'm being hypothetical) many on here would probably be happy with it.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably would have had a massive outcry if like O'Neill or Lennon were appointed manager but Kenny has been here for the past 7 years which probably is what most people are thinking of. I reckon if Strachan came out and said "I want the Rangers job" (he won't but I'm being hypothetical) many on here would probably be happy with it.

I think because KM was not high profile when at the taigs most don't really awknowledge his time there.

As you say if it was a former player or manager then it would be very different.

The fact he's been here so long also takes the sting out of it too.

I'm sorry to see anyone losing their job, especially the staff who were made redundant due to the combination of Ally being a shite football manager and the Board being a bunch of incompetent cunts who between them have almost destroyed the Club I love.

Give us change all over.

Save Rangers

WATP

Another Rangers man in charge. Uh oh

The problem is though, in our current state no good manager without Rangers ties would want to touch us. This is the way it has to be at this moment in time, thankfully it's something that's only short term, so I would hope the next manager's contract will reflect that. When we are back to where we belong we can think beyond these Rangers men, but just now, unless a particular manager has some ties to Ashley I wouldn't hold up much hope for anything more.

McCoist claims to have signed the contract without looking at it.

So you have to assume he didn't bother about what wages he would receive, it could have been £250 per week for all he cared.

So why does he care so much about the payoff?

Lambias says McDowall could stay on beyond the end of the season. Dear god.

To be fair he has to say that though

If he says that he'll be temporary until the summer, it gives the players the excuse to slacken off with the knowledge he isnt the boss next season

Personally, I'll be amazed if he lasts the season

Could go either way, Kenny has an excellent remainder of the season, tops it, next yr stays on, stays within the top 5 till December, Goes on a run, manages 3rd or 4th place. Season after, more improvement, runners up/3rd after getting our shit together. Season after, who knows..

That's ideal, but i'm just an optimist. It could also go the way of Kenny losing majority of games, fans doing the usual post 19 topics about him in TBD, protests, etc.

I look forward to it. :7325:

As there doesn't seem to be a compromise reached between the McCoist and the Board over what his pay off will be then the appointment of McDowall as manager to end of season is the only option available to the board, people might not like it, well guess what tough staying away and refusing to buy official merchandise is taking money away from the club, this has a knock on effect which we can all clearly see.

Don't get me wrong I can understand the fans staying away due to the standard of football under McCoist, maybe it will improve, maybe not, but McDowall has the chance to make his mark. As for the Celtic link, so long ago it is irrelevant though if I remember correctly he worked with the youth, maybe he will be more willing to have faith in the younger players.

Also heard that Durie is going to be having a bigger say in things this could also be a positive move.

As there doesn't seem to be a compromise reached between the McCoist and the Board over what his pay off will be then the appointment of McDowall as manager to end of season is the only option available to the board, people might not like it, well guess what tough staying away and refusing to buy official merchandise is taking money away from the club, this has a knock on effect which we can all clearly see.

Don't get me wrong I can understand the fans staying away due to the standard of football under McCoist, maybe it will improve, maybe not, but McDowall has the chance to make his mark. As for the Celtic link, so long ago it is irrelevant though if I remember correctly he worked with the youth, maybe he will be more willing to have faith in the younger players.

Also heard that Durie is going to be having a bigger say in things this could also be a positive move.

Sounds a bit more promising. :)

Brilliant. worst manager I have ever seen , but a great player for us all those years ago.

I take it you mean worst Rangers manager you have ever seen. Or maybe you haven't seen the guy who replaced Lennon over at Parkhead? Or Lennon himself.

Yes...

Although the question was how could anyone say McCoist was the worst manager they had ever seen if they saw Lennon or the other cunt.

It's pretty obvious McCoist in a managerial sense is bottom of that pile, no matter how much of a cunt the others are.

Sorry you got so upset over it though....