Nicky Law under Stuart McCall (a man manager)

SomeGaveAll

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very well McCall man managing Nicky Law but we need the team to play better not just one overpaid Shitebag.

I respect McCall as a coach, but, manager of Rangers I could never see him be a success. He quit Motherwell as he ran out of ideas with them. What hope would he have as manager of the most scrutinised position in Scottish football. P.S as stated I love McCall and would love him to prove me wrong.

As in maybe Scotland fortunes at international level. Coaching the players we have would be a doddle for him. He left Motherwell because he could not take them any further. Look at my previous posts regarding building a new team each year and still finishing behind celtic.

Aberdeen, United etc could not beat a man who was on a pittance of their player wage budget. He could not drop players this season as had no one to come in and thought it best for the team if a fresh man could kick start them. Thats honourable and certainly is not hopeless. Hopeless would be to continue with same old same old.

One things for sure McCall would have this team playing a lot lot better than we are now. He is available and wages at Motherwell was probably equivalent to one of our coaches at Murrap park. ;-)

_73907919_mcall_strachan_sns.jpg

Bring him home.

well said fella, Law would be the first to admit he has struggled with Allys / Kenny tactics. And as you correctly point out is was not a glitch he won award after award with his fellow team mates at Motherwell. The proof is not only Law, look at other Rangers players who come here and stall and become stale. Its easy to say our team are all garbage but I will hold judgement until a decent coach has them taught of their dutys and man managed.

Yes Boyd was too scorer last season with Killie, Law got loads of goals for Well and played really good for them.

But since we took these players our Management and training coaching Team have made a right mess of them all as players.

No style or Tactical progress and nothing to achieve as the tactics are a mess.

Yes Boyd was too scorer last season with Killie, Law got loads of goals for Well and played really good for them.

But since we took these players our Management and training coaching Team have made a right mess of them all as players.

No style or Tactical progress and nothing to achieve as the tactics are a mess.

I look at Temps, when he scored against Liverpool with Hearts and look at him now.

These are not bad players, some might be over paid, some might be at end of their careers, but within our whole squad there is a decent team.

As in maybe Scotland fortunes at international level. Coaching the players we have would be a doddle for him. He left Motherwell because he could not take them any further. Look at my previous posts regarding building a new team each year and still finishing behind celtic.

Aberdeen, United etc could not beat a man who was on a pittance of their player wage budget. He could not drop players this season as had no one to come in and thought it best for the team if a fresh man could kick start them. Thats honourable and certainly is not hopeless. Hopeless would be to continue with same old same old.

One things for sure McCall would have this team playing a lot lot better than we are now. He is available and wages at Motherwell was probably equivalent to one of our coaches at Murrap park. ;-)

I have no doubt he would improve us short to medium term. I'd be much more comfortable with McCall being part of the coaching set up at Rangers similar to the role at Scotland as you mention.

You're right he did work wonders with them season on season. However it's a big step up to manage us as you know. He could lose a game one week with Motherwell with little reaction from the fans. In comparison with our fans it's the end of the world if we lose.

He'd be an ideal assistant as he has his own views on players and tactics as opposed to a yes man holding a clip board.

they missed him just like they have missed everyone that left that year. I know they finished 2nd again last year but they were running on empty.

in Laws first season he played alongside Lasley and Jennings who were the centre partnership humphreys on other side (awesome midfield)

in his second season he did play sometimes centre alongside lasley but motherwell had flair in their with the likes of murphy and ojama and hateley would play midfield also

amazing to think last year mccall managed to finished 2nd with only Lasley from the above the only one from previous midfields.

Because Ally / Kenny see him in centre alongside black i honestly think it has not worked or ever has worked.

Tell you what, if we were looking for someone who knew the ropes, Lasley would have been a better shout than most.

I believe he's a 'Gers man, too, although you'll be able to put me right if I've got that wrong.

I have no doubt he would improve us short to medium term. I'd be much more comfortable with McCall being part of the coaching set up at Rangers similar to the role at Scotland as you mention.

You're right he did work wonders with them season on season. However it's a big step up to manage us as you know. He could lose a game one week with Motherwell with little reaction from the fans. In comparison with our fans it's the end of the world if we lose.

He'd be an ideal assistant as he has his own views on players and tactics as opposed to a yes man holding a clip board.

I dont think we can possibly look at anything other that short term. We are just not stable as a club. The transfer window will probably show players leaving not coming in. We need someone to get the best of what we have if we have any hope of promotion via play offs.

Tell you what, if we were looking for someone who knew the ropes, Lasley would have been a better shout than most.

I believe he's a 'Gers man, too, although you'll be able to put me right if I've got that wrong.

you are proably right, i know hes not a fan of the unwashed for sure.

Law with a handful of others should be retained and given a chance under a proper coaching/management setup and almost everyone else should be punted or let go at the earliest opportunity! Not one player has improved in the last 3 years under Ally except the youngster Macleod and no doubt he will be punted in Jan to raise much needed ££££. I still think Law has something and will improve and like a few others have said I think we had two camps in the squad with the fat lazy old boys together on one side and given preference at every opportunity and the rest lumped together and all failing with no desire or incentive apparently present.

Dont forget, we cant afford to just ditch players and bring in replacements and need a coach to come in and bring alive what we already have and just ditch the shite like Jig et all!!

I personally thought Law was the only one today who looked a footballer, people say he hides etc and I agree to an extent, he shouldn't have turned his back for Hibs first goal, but I wouldn't say he hides. Some players aren't capable to grab the game and dictate play, doesn't make him a bad player, in the right set up, I think he'd be a good box to box player.

He's tidy, pacy and looks to get the ball moving and goes for the return, one of the few who actually looks for a one-two. If we actually implemented a style and phases of play, he'd benefit no end. He isn't in the mould of Ferguson who'd control the game, but he's tidy enough and isn't a bad player at all.

He's just not a central midfielder ( especially in a 2 could possibly get away with it in a 3), played most of his career wide and we would have been a much better side in the last 18 months if he and McLeod switched positions.

F**k that.

I nevet want to see his lazy face in a Rangers shirt again.

Hide and Seek Champion of Scotland.

Absolute shite. Give him the ball in the attacking third and he comes alive. Play him in the stupid place we fucking post him in no wonder he hides. I would too its fucking pathetic. Not his fault and realisticly everycunt knows it.

Law is probably as good a player as we have. It's the outdated, backward fucking ideas of how to set a team up we need to address first.

I tend to agree. As much as he's quite invisible all too often you just have to see , for a midfielder , the amount of shots he has from around the edge of the box .

Probably more than our front two put together !

On the positive comments on this thread regarding Law the footballer the theme is he does not play well in an out and out centre posistion. The negative posts I firmly believe are an outcome of this and not that he is a bad footballer. The worrying thing is when something is not working why keep on doing it. He is being let down regarding management of his abilitys. As someone correctly points out even when playing in a rigid centre midfield he still pops up with goals / shots on target.

McCall would certainly improve his game no doubt, with management and proper coaching who else could he improve? The list is endless in our current setup. Far too many players have came in when possibly playing at the peak of their careers and went BACKWARDS. This is worrying. If Temps was playing week in week out it would be him, if it was Shiels it would be him etc etc, This now its boyd, miller and many more!

The midfield is wrong! Its been unproductive for years. It has no balance and the man that cn fixed this is McCall. Is available, get him to Murray Park, short term if needed and get a system that may just may see us going into the play offs as firm favourites like we should be.

The guy is everything that is wrong with this team and is indefensible.

Im not asking for Ronaldo, im asking for someone to pass the ball to another player when he receives it, then move into a space to get it back again. Not rocket science.

We dont need primadonnas.

F***ing disgrace.

The guy is everything that is wrong with this team and is indefensible.

Im not asking for Ronaldo, im asking for someone to pass the ball to another player when he receives it, then move into a space to get it back again. Not rocket science.

We dont need primadonnas.

F***ing disgrace.

very true. A passing game is what Nicky does best. McCall had motherwell playing a passing game, EVEN when their was a target man. Higdon who played with Law was not just a Lump up front! he would hold up play and was a great passer of the ball to bring his midfield into play.

That is lost with us in all honestly.

Law is a complete luxury player, but the way we set up isn't allowing us to get the best out of him either.

He simply can't play in a two man midfield especially when we are mainly up against three men in the oppositions midfield. He lacks the character, desire, confidence and heart needed to put a shift in and you need to do that to earn the right to play and we suffer as a result.

If we revert to 4-5-1 and let him play in the final third then his form and confidence will improve tenfold and we could possibly see the player we seen when he first came in again. He's creative and talented enough to be very effective in the final third and he's got a good eye for goal too.

Long term he's not going to have a future with us, but we need to make the most of the players we have because our options are limited with regards to bringing new players in and getting rid of the current lot.

Absolute shite. Give him the ball in the attacking third and he comes alive. Play him in the stupid place we fucking post him in no wonder he hides. I would too its fucking pathetic. Not his fault and realisticly everycunt knows it.

pish, the lazy cunt barely does any tracking back, playing a 4-4-2 with him in the middle is like a fucking man down, cunt is one of the laziest players ever seen in a rangers jersey

see when kenny miller runs past law to track back (done a few times this season) then its a sign law is a cunt