Potential Transfers And Loans (in And Out)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Fraser Fyvie at Ibrox.

In the Allan mould of going down South and it not really working out so he would be coming back with a point to prove.

Has a bit of bite and spirit about him and is technically pretty gifted too.

He still at Wigan?

Wouldn't be surprised if Aberdeen went for him.

He still at Wigan?

Wouldn't be surprised if Aberdeen went for him.

Yeah but I think his deal is up in the Summer.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Selling him for half a million and then get him back for nothing a few years later would be decent business and they've done a lot if smart business since McInnes went there.

There's alot of players I'd like to see leave. Unfortunately, no one will buy them.

I've heard rumours we're getting some youngsters on loan from BPL teams. This is probably our best bet right now because we can't really afford to spend much money on transfer fees and wages.

Most of them are on contracts that are running out in May, thankfully. It's as if someone knew this was the year which would see the need for a clearout :-)

Im sure just about everyone in the first team squad could leave and wouldnt be missed.As far as anyone coming in thats another story,we have to be looking at longer term returns not a season at a time.Also our main priority is to get rid of the current management team and look for a new one before any real progress can be made on the playing front.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Selling him for half a million and then get him back for nothing a few years later would be decent business and they've done a lot if smart business since McInnes went there.

Fyvie is out of contract this summer, would be great business to get him in quickly as I'd imagine every SPL side bar celtic will be monitoring him

Why did we

Why didnt we sign allan in the summer ?

Don't worry - if we had, we'd have got him ready to be loaned out to Morton by now.

Although, it would have stopped a couple of goalscoring passes against us last week........

You just can't put your finger on why these players don't make it down South. Is it it lottery because Allan and Fyvie are more than decent players. Wigan seemed a perfect fit for him also.

I hope Armstrong goes down there too. Just to see how he fairs, plus to keep him away from them.

You just can't put your finger on why these players don't make it down South. Is it it lottery because Allan and Fyvie are more than decent players. Wigan seemed a perfect fit for him also.

I hope Armstrong goes down there too. Just to see how he fairs, plus to keep him away from them.

The 'Murray Park' mentality pervading more clubs than ours, perhaps?

When we finally get to a position where we are able to build a scouting network again I think it's vital we find somebody who can monitor the lower leagues in Scotland.

Dundee Utd have really carved out a niche in that regard over the past few years - Dixon, Douglas, Robertson, Paton, Spittal & Morris have all come from the lower leagues and they are about to sign a 22 year old with 18 goals so far this season from Arborath for £50,000.

Ok a lot of them maybe wouldn't work out but if one or two did then we get a really good player for the here and now who can also make us money down the line too.

It's a low risk strategy that has high rewards when it works as Dundee Utd are finding out.