***the Official Next Manager Thread***

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be our next manager?

Mcinness is the only one here who would fill me with any kind of excitement

I understand that, but tbh the only thing that matters is us going up now. An exciting manager with ideas to revolutionise us should have been in place years ago, now it's too late and is not the time. We need a hardened ball buster to make quick impact and get the team playing well enough to gain promotion. After that we can see about getting an exciting prospect in charge.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they both stepped down ,they were not sacked or made redundant .so i dont see any legal problem with filling their vacated positions .

We cant legally or financially appoint a new manager.

The only case i can remember was Tony Mowbray at the tims. He went on gardening leave and Popcorn teeth got the gig because he was already on the payroll. Until Mowbrays situation was resolved he would have just been on an enhanced wage.

Butcher, I know he may not be a popular choice due to his failure at Hibs etc, but as a manager he takes no shit from his players and won't stand for slackers. We need someone to come in who isn't scared to dish out a boot in the baws. As Caley manager he had them playing decent football, lets not forget. And he doesn't need a fortune to run a tight ship, as he proved at Inverness. Butcher for me.

Butcher, I know he may not be a popular choice due to his failure at Hibs etc, but as a manager he takes no shit from his players and won't stand for slackers. We need someone to come in who isn't scared to dish out a boot in the baws. As Caley manager he had them playing decent football, lets not forget. And he doesn't need a fortune to run a tight ship, as he proved at Inverness. Butcher for me.

Eb-fishingnote.jpg

Tell me you're fishing with this. Butcher, sacked at Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney, left Brentford by mutual consent because of poor results, sacked by Hibs. He did reasonably well at Motherwell and ICT but seriously he hasn't got the managerial ability to manage Rangers and anyway Rita would say NO. Add to that his comments about us since leaving hopefully ensures there is no way back for him.

Edit it too add, advertise the position and see the calibre of manager that applies.

Now that McDowell has resigned we may be getting a new manager sooner rather than later.

Hopefully the boardroom mess gets sorted at the EGM and we can appoint a new manager relatively soon.

Who'd be your first realistic choice?

Has anyone worked out yet, that we're actually not getting a new manager?

I voted for McCall, he's a decent manager and he doesn't have a club right now so could start anytime we could pay a wage... Would he work for free? Probably not, but he would not cost the earth either...

If we had to promote from within I'd go for Kenny Miller

Voted for Cathro out of sheer desperation.

We can't afford him. Valencia are short of cash and will want comp.

The rest on that list are as inspirational as a 4 day old dog shite.

Not true recently bought by a Singaporean billionare called Peter Lim who also tried to buy us.

None of the above. When the club is back in the big time, CL etc, then I'd like to see Mark Hughes as manager. He has the character for Rangers, in my opinion, and is very under-rated. He would no nonsense from anyone.

We are years away from competing at CL level, absolute years. In the years preceeding any CL involvement we will need a manager and by advertising the position we stand a better chance in getting the right man in.

I voted other as i believe the names on this list are slightly predictable and lazy. Not the fault of WATP72 of course, i understand many of these guys are high up on the bookies lists but if i are being brutally honest i think i would like something a little different from the norm. The Rangers connection thing is tiresome, i think we need to break away from that and open our minds a bit.

I think Karl Robinson is doing a great job at M.K. Dons and would relish the chance of such a big job. He is ambitious and has started his managerial career fairly well. He also speaks very well about the game.

Kenny Jackett at Wolves, this is a guy who took over a Wolves side in freefall, in the English lower leagues and whilst refusing to spend big he gave several youngsters a chance in the team and it payed off with a fantastic promotion season last year. He has the kind of mindset we need.

Eddie Howe is a bit of a long shot. Doing fantastically well at Bournemouth, his teams play really nice football and he is probably overseeing the greatest ever period in the clubs history, all thanks to him.

Glenn Hoddle/Terry Venables. Been there, seen it, done it, all at the highest level. These are proper football men and one last hurrah at one of the worlds greatest institutions may just temp them.

I wish George Graham hadn't been out the game for so long. I would like to see him come in as a Godfather type with a younger hungry and ambitious coaching team working under him. He is another proper football man and bloody good one too.

Not really Rangers minded like those named in the poll but guys like Ronald De Boer, Gio Van Bronckhorst and Artur Numan are all into the coaching these days, i don't think i would like one of them on their own but as a double act or threesome with someone like a Mark Wotte or George Graham working alongside them, i could maybe buy into that. My only reservation would be their lack of club management experience. This is such a hard job to walk into for a novice as Ally and Kenny both showed. I believe it probably needs experience at the forefront of the football team.

I look at Scottish football and i look at the current Scottish football managers and not one jumps out at me to be Rangers manager. I guess Derek McInnes comes closest but i am just so reluctant to jump on that bandwagon, just now. Perhaps if he wins the league i may change my mind!

One thing is for sure, we need a new manager urgently, we have a huge couple of weeks coming up that could define the next year or two at the club. We must get this right and of course the sooner the off field stuff is sorted out the better.

Thanks for reading my tuppence worth,

AGP.

Voted for Cathro out of sheer desperation.

We can't afford him. Valencia are short of cash and will want comp.

The rest on that list are as inspirational as a 4 day old dog shite.

Not true recently bought by a Singaporean billionare called Peter Lim who also tried to buy us.

Ah well they'll want even more cash then :-)