is sebo worth persevering with?

Guest Andypendek

Sebo won't get a chance next season and we won't find a buyer.

Might aswell give him a chance on loan at a small team in a rich league in Eastern Europe, hope he scores some goals and attracts bigger teams interest!

We should actually loan him to an SPL side (a Killie, Dundee Utd or a Hibs would be ideal) to see if he can adapt to playing here!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored a hatrick against minnows Malta.

Okay! what's your point?he still hasen't had a fair run in the team so far.Remember your wonderful Boyd played 6-7 games in a row without coming close to scoring,(near the end of the year)now what would have been said if that had been the start of his Ibrox career,the same as what is being said of Sebo? I doubt it.Give the guy chance FFS.

Sebo couldnt hit a barn door, Boyd has been Rangers top scorer in the last 2 seasons. Something like 39 goals in 48 games for Rangers

Muff,I've got this feeling that you and a few others are going to look really silly (again) if WS,and Ally give this Kid an extended run. :rolleyes:

He scored a hatrick against minnows Malta.

Okay! what's your point?he still hasen't had a fair run in the team so far.Remember your wonderful Boyd played 6-7 games in a row without coming close to scoring,(near the end of the year)now what would have been said if that had been the start of his Ibrox career,the same as what is being said of Sebo? I doubt it.Give the guy chance FFS.

Sebo couldnt hit a barn door, Boyd has been Rangers top scorer in the last 2 seasons. Something like 39 goals in 48 games for Rangers

Muff,I've got this feeling that you and a few others are going to look really silly (again) if WS,and Ally give this Kid an extended run. :rolleyes:

I just can't see it now mate.

If there was ever a time that WS and Ally were going to really throw him in and see what he was made of it would have been just before or when we wrapped up second place. I think he might have played but if my memory serves me right was he not injured?

It would make absolutely no sense to invest in 3 or 4 new forward players (JCD, Gow, McCulloch and possibly Naismith) and then give a player who couldn't break into what was a poor attack last year an extended run in the side!

look really silly (again) if WS,and Ally give this Kid an extended run.

Its ok, I already look silly.

The thing is I dont think they will. He'll either be offloaded or he will remain a bit part player. So far he has struggled, we cant really take that chance next season. Offload him and get in a couple of strikers(1 of them being Fowler)

lol.

I'll repeat what I said before: Stevie Lennon impressed more during his 2 substitute appearances, than Sebo has done throughout the entire season. He's also younger than Sebo is, and cost £1.8m less.

I think Sebo is worth persevering with at least for a while. There is a degree of potential there to be tapped and, as much as it would please some fans, Rangers simply cannot afford to handing yet another free transfer so we can quickly wash our hands.

Sometimes I wonder how his physical presence and pace would do against the packed SPL defences, esp at Ibrox. IMO he might be more effective than Boyd who, for all his great scoring record, is completely ineffectual when the likes of ICT start playing ten men behind the ball.

I'm not blind to Sebo's faults but I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt then fork out £2m pounds for Lee McCulloch.

I'm not blind to Sebo's faults but I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt then fork out £2m pounds for Lee McCulloch.

I'll agree with that (tu)

lol.

I'll repeat what I said before: Stevie Lennon impressed more during his 2 substitute appearances, than Sebo has done throughout the entire season. He's also younger than Sebo is, and cost £1.8m less.

When Sebo came on against the smelly ones(2-0 game) he ran there defense ragged. (tu) missed a couple of half chances(which created on his own)something

Boyd does not do,maybe it's just confidence.An extended run and a few goals could fgix that little problem. (tu)

lol.

When Sebo came on against the smelly ones(2-0 game) he ran there defense ragged. (tu) missed a couple of half chances(which created on his own)something

Boyd does not do,maybe it's just confidence.An extended run and a few goals could fgix that little problem. (tu)

Hi PB - I thought Sebo did do well at the end vs Celtic and think he deserves a run at some point. WS will know his best team unlike WGS with his zillion forwards.

lol.

Hi PB - I thought Sebo did do well at the end vs Celtic and think he deserves a run at some point. WS will know his best team unlike WGS with his zillion forwards.

Good evening Nvager,you know with all the high priced players they have now,they could end up in a worse mess than we have been in the last few years trying to off-load the un-wanted,over paid garbage. :lol::lol:

i think sebo is worth persevering with as a he only needs to find some goals. apart from that hes pretty good.

and anyway he isnt taking up too many wages and we wouldnt get the money we paid for him so whats the issue

The septic game was a classic case. He COULD have scored two goals that would not have looked out of place in europes finest weekend goals (well, the first chance anyway would have been a fuckin blinder) but the fact is he fluffed both of them. It all comes down to whether you believe he has finishing ability or whether that is a part of his game he will always miss. Personally, I'd be happy to see him get another year with the first six games at least in the starting line up. but then again, we could be 18 points behind Kilmarnock by that point! :lol:

The septic game was a classic case. He COULD have scored two goals that would not have looked out of place in europes finest weekend goals (well, the first chance anyway would have been a fuckin blinder) but the fact is he fluffed both of them. It all comes down to whether you believe he has finishing ability or whether that is a part of his game he will always miss. Personally, I'd be happy to see him get another year with the first six games at least in the starting line up. but then again, we could be 18 points behind Kilmarnock by that point! :lol:

I think him missing the chances could come down to confidence though, RP.

Possibly working with Ally over the close season & getting a pre-season under his belt with WS & the team will provide him with the confidence to push for a first team slot.

Lots of possibilities there :)

and that's the one 'truth' we're a'll clinging to. cos if it aint confidence, then hes just shite im afraid!

and that's the one 'truth' we're a'll clinging to. cos if it aint confidence, then hes just shite im afraid!

Yip :lol:

I reckon if he just scored a few his confidence would go thru the roof.

People have been saying this for over half a year now. :rolleyes:"Oh he just needs one goal!"

Rangers fans will still be saying this when he's 35 and on the verge of retirement..

Smith knows he's p*sh, that's why the very first thing he did when he became manager was try to ship him back to Austria Vienna. And the fact that he's signed Darcheville, Gow, and is now going for Naismith says it all really...

I think he just needs to slow it down when he gets a sight of goal, he is like a train running with the ball etc, but he doesn't slow down to finish possibly nervous? i don't know.

Sebo, Darcheville, Beasley and Faubert...imagine the pace, presence and power of all 4 playing at once.

In a way I feel sorry for Sebo. He's a young guy, coming to a completely different culture, and coming to a club which has been frittering around crisis point, not playing well as a team and Sebo himself hasn't had the best of starts. I'd like to see Sebo get a few starts in a Rangers team playing well to see what he can do. There is a glimmer of hope there with him.

Feel sorry for him...get a grip of yourself for christ sake

Heez on 15.000 a week and you feel sorry for him