The Support...will They Return?

Chineseboy

Given the fact that our crowds are down , due to a myriad of reasons, do you think that once things have ( hopefully) settled down we will get back to 45,000 + crowds. We know that the situation with the board, combined with McCoist's turgid style of football ,drove many away, but will they actually come back? I also think that the referendum last year has possibly had an affect on the crowds, and that some pro-indy voters have decided that Rangers is not the club for them - good riddance to them btw, as they were never Rangers fans to begin with! Will the protestors indeed return ? Personally, I hope so, but it's very possible that many have now become lackadaisical towards going back to Ibrox.

So, what do you think, can we look forward to near sell-out crowds again soon ( next year)? I hope so, as there is no better stadium in the world when sold-out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in the Copland for years 1988 with my family most of the people all round about me had sat in the same seats for years my kids and their kids all becoming friends over the years attending each other party's , sounds a bit mushy but was a good wee community spirit everyone knew everyone , but sad to say its took the last 3 years of shambles to all but destroy that , with most gone :( for me I hope this EGM is the start of some normality and we all get back to supporting the team , but I do feel sadly some fans will be gone for good

We will get back to 35,000-40,000 crowds quite easily, the days of sell out crowds in the Scottish league had long gone,well before our troubles, after we were demoted the defiance of our fans saw us play to sell out crowds for a short period of time but it was never going to last.In fact I had not seen many of the fans who swelled the crowds three years ago,until they appeard on our bus for the game last Sunday.

Give people a reason to come back, and they will come back.. But unless there´s a buzz around the club you can forget it.

Ecclesiastes 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

As long as we get a manager that is not afraid to set out to win a game, instead of happy not to lose the game, the fans will return. We lost a lot of younger fans who were bored with all the negative football on display. And that was not just Ally, but Walter also in his second spell.

Yeh, when we were hammering teams the crowds were there, but then McCoist turned winning players with a winning attitude into shit, and it isn't easy to get that winning mentality back once it's gone. It was then that the crowds started to dwindle. He really is the worst manager we have ever had..or any team for that matter.

Given the fact that our crowds are down , due to a myriad of reasons, do you think that once things have ( hopefully) settled down we will get back to 45,000 + crowds. We know that the situation with the board, combined with McCoist's turgid style of football ,drove many away, but will they actually come back? I also think that the referendum last year has possibly had an affect on the crowds, and that some pro-indy voters have decided that Rangers is not the club for them - good riddance to them btw, as they were never Rangers fans to begin with! Will the protestors indeed return ? Personally, I hope so, but it's very possible that many have now become lackadaisical towards going back to Ibrox.

So, what do you think, can we look forward to near sell-out crowds again soon ( next year)? I hope so, as there is no better stadium in the world when sold-out.

The supporters never left , never boycotted , bought their tickets - the rest wil be back as the glory returns

The low crowds are most certainly down to McCoists shite football, the boardroom boycotts are only another excuse used by some not to go, if Rangers were sitting top of the league just now after beating Hearts and Hibs home and away, a large percentage of the boycotters would be there every week.

The low crowds are most certainly down to McCoists shite football, the boardroom boycotts are only another excuse used by some not to go, if Rangers were sitting top of the league just now after beating Hearts and Hibs home and away, a large percentage of the boycotters would be there every week.

Might be true for some, but for me I've lost the desire to be at Ibrox. The football is pish, the players don't give a shit, and the board fuck us over and laugh in our faces every time we give them cash.

I can handle us struggling as long as the desire is there and the team is moving forward but until this board puts a manager in place with a vision I can get behind, I won't be back.

Might be true for some, but for me I've lost the desire to be at Ibrox. The football is pish, the players don't give a shit, and the board fuck us over and laugh in our faces every time we give them cash.

I can handle us struggling as long as the desire is there and the team is moving forward but until this board puts a manager in place with a vision I can get behind, I won't be back.

But when we get back to some kind of "normality"..will you then return?