Board Attack Rfb

SuperAli

STATEMENT: Members of the RFB received individual letters from Rangers Football Club a few minutes ago. The letter states that the Club has decided to exercise its right in terms of clause 23.1 of the Constitution to dissolve RFB with immediate effect.

We have responded to Rangers Football Club that we have received their letter dated 26 February 2015 purporting to dissolve the RFB in terms of clause 23.1 of the Constitution. We note that said clause reads:

'23.1 The Club shall have reserved to it the exclusive right to amend the constitution at any time. Any amended constitution must be publicised by the Club on fansboard.rangers.co.uk and www.rangers.co.uk.'

There is no power under clause 23.1 of the Constitution to dissolve the RFB. We therefore remain as Elected Representatives of the RFB.

It certainly seems like a pointless and toothless action.

Some good may come still come out of this, some seen the set up of the Rfb as a token gesture by a corrupt board as a means to appease the masses but it's clear to see that the Rfb have different ideas about that :)

If they've simply cited the wrong clause they'll obviously just reissue the letter. It looks pretty unprofessional though, however I don't see great point in fighting it as the whole point of the RFB is to open up communication between board and fans, if one party has now cut that line of communication and is no longer interested then I'm not sure what the point in continuing is. It will be a case of talking to a brick wall

It seems as though a clause was removed at some point and they are looking at an old version as the clause they meant to cite is 22.1 but also you can see that 22.2 makes reference to clause 22 when it should be 21 implying an earlier clause was removed resulting in the clause numbers reducing by 1

It seems as though a clause was removed at some point and they are looking at an old version as the clause they meant to cite is 22.1 but also you can see that 22.2 makes reference to clause 22 when it should be 21 implying an earlier clause was removed resulting in the clause numbers reducing by 1

eh ??? <cr>

22.Dissolution

22.1 The Club shall have the power to dissolve OCRM or RFB at any time at its sole discretion.

I'm surprised that they didn't include something along the lines of if you continue to represent yourself as a member of the RFB you will be hing drawn and quartered.

RFB claim to have rejected this on the basis that the Constitution was never ratified but I don't see where the Constitution requires to be ratified and absent any debate to the contrary I would imagine they would be held to have been working to or under it. It was imposed at the outset and in any event 23.1 gives them the power to amend it at any time.

The problem with that also is that they could then claim that the RFB doesn't exist or at least it only existed pending ratification and since there was no ratification it doesn't exist.

On the other hand de facto it existed because it met and published Minutes and Club directors met with it.

However, the RFB can indulge in a bit of sport now but they are collectively pissing in the wind.

If the Club don't recognise it, the game's up.

I have a feeling this will also suit King who has made it clear he wants to work with the RST & RF.

How long till Chris Graham is on the Board?

they will say "dissolving" is an "amendment".

who cares, take a 3 week break from it all and wait for King to recognise the RFB again, just fire the final salvo before your holidays as "the RFB no longer recognise the soon to be removed boards statement".