539 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Be Your First Choice ?

• Ian Cathro
    • Stuart McCall
    • Derek McInnes
    • Billy Davies
    • Felix MaGath
    • Nigel Adkins

We don't have time to wait to see some pretty passing game instilled over years eventually getting results, particularly when our climate means no pretty passing for at least one month a year and probably much more.

We need instant results and an experienced manager.

Cathro is an assistant with no managerial experience.

We aren't just any old club dealing with normal circumstances. We operate in very unusual circumstances.

Our fans are also notoriously impatient and he wouldn't get the time to develop his philosophy if the results don't go his way.

Cathros getting instant results wherever hes gone. You only have to read interviews with the portugese guy whos took him on this journey. He relies heavily on Cathro.

As i said before, i think Cathros maybe a bit too ambitious for Rangers just now. My guess would be that this other manager will take Cathro as his assistant to one big job (a top european club), then he'll move on to be a manager in his own right.

For me, Nigel Adkins is the best option from msnagers who are available just now. Davies would steady the ship but might cause problems further down the line.

Derek McInnes is a good option, but i fear he wouldnt leave the sheep.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just asked this on the Lewis Macleod thread

would anybody take them as our management team for next season

They've certainly done well since taking over from Rosler although managing Rangers, especially in our current predicament, is quite a jump from Brentford.

Would be a big gamble. Sometimes clubs suit certain individuals and that may prove to be the case with Warburton. Will be interesting to see where he goes next and how successful he is.

Having said that I don't know if we have the dough to afford Warburton.

They've certainly done well since taking over from Rosler although managing Rangers, especially in our current predicament, is quite a jump from Brentford.

Would be a big gamble. Sometimes clubs suit certain individuals and that may prove to be the case with Warburton. Will be interesting to see where he goes next and how successful he is.

Having said that I don't know if we have the dough to afford Warburton.

yeah, i dont think the timing is right.

as you say, be interesting to see how he gets on somewhere else first

Cathros getting instant results wherever hes gone. You only have to read interviews with the portugese guy whos took him on this journey. He relies heavily on Cathro.

As i said before, i think Cathros maybe a bit too ambitious for Rangers just now. My guess would be that this other manager will take Cathro as his assistant to one big job (a top european club), then he'll move on to be a manager in his own right.

For me, Nigel Adkins is the best option from msnagers who are available just now. Davies would steady the ship but might cause problems further down the line.

Derek McInnes is a good option, but i fear he wouldnt leave the sheep.

Cathro would be a massive risk. He has no results that we can see as a manager. Davies is am absolute NO and I reckon McInness would walk to Ibrox from Aberdeen if the circumstances at Rangers are right. At the moment they are not but that could change.

I hoped we'd go down the route of a young head coach such as Gio, Cathro, R De Boer and a DOF (Watte, Magath, DA, Wilkins?). McCall would do fine as would many of he names I've seen linked but it's just not exciting.

Only names I've seen linked and thought 'hell no' are Davies and Butcher.

Cathro is a daft, head in the clouds suggestion from folk in denial about where we currently stand. Even if he wanted the job there's no guarantee he'd be able to turn things around having no local knowledge. A foreign coach can wait a few years, we have a rebuilding job to do and need an experienced head to hit the ground running.

Cathro is a daft, head in the clouds suggestion from folk in denial about where we currently stand. Even if he wanted the job there's no guarantee he'd be able to turn things around having no local knowledge. A foreign coach can wait a few years, we have a rebuilding job to do and need an experienced head to hit the ground running.

Of course he has local knowledge he was involved at D Utd as head of their academy and worked under Wotte for the SFA academy programme. He also now has European exposure.

It's a risk but it's worth it for me. Ambitious rather than safe and boring

Nonsense

rumours, that mcgath will get it till the end of the season then it will be McCall with McGath as DOF, Who would be happy with this ?

Would be strange as to why they wouldn't just both start in their positions straight away.

Cathro or Magath.

I mean, okay, he didn't do great at Fulham, but he's coached Bayern Munich and has 3 Bundesliga titles to his name, one with Wolfsburg. Perfect scenario, Cathro as manager and Magath as DoF, if not, Magath as manager.