• Derek McInnes
    • Billy Davies
    • Felix MaGath
    • Nigel Adkins

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not far of the truth if you ask me. Cathro would be a massive risk. We are not in a position as a club at the moment to take risks with unproven managers.

Every manager is a risk, there are no 'safe' options.

Cathro will be way out of our league in a few years, if we have the chance to bring him here we should.

Every manager is a risk, there are no 'safe' options.

Cathro will be way out of our league in a few years, if we have the chance to bring him here we should.

Its clear some managers would be a bigger risk than others. Having never managed Cathro would be the far riskier choice.

How do you know Cathro will be "way out of our league in a few years"? His first managerial appointment may see him fail. I'd rather it wasn't our club taking the risk.

Its clear some managers would be a bigger risk than others. Having never managed Cathro would be the far riskier choice.

How do you know Cathro will be "way out of our league in a few years"? His first managerial appointment may see him fail. I'd rather it wasn't our club taking the risk.

I don't know, I just think he will. He may well fail but he could just as easily continue the success he has seen as assistant.

Imo it's a chance we need to take. Short term options are no use, especially this season. That group of players are not getting us promoted regardless of who is in charge.

For me it's Magath till the season ends then he moves upstairs and Cathro comes in as head coach.

Howe was another mentioned but with Bournemouth flying high that makes it difficult..

Cathro has spoken to King this week (tu)

I hope your sources are good. I really want some fresh thinking. No Billy Davies or Terry Butcher etc.

Out of that list I picked Nigel Adkins but I think my first choice would be Mark Warburton. IMO we need a manager with good experience, has a record of bringing through young players, has a good knowledge of the lower English leagues and has a record of playing attractive football. Warburton and Adkins tick all those boxes.

Comes from Douglas Park.

Dave King has spoken with Cathro and he has been offered first team coach role for next season and both Cathro and Magath have spoken on the subject.

A plan that would get my juices flowing. Exciting out of the box thinking, I like it.

Unfortunately guys managing at the top end of the Championship are out of our reach financially at the moment.

Possibly. I'd think if Neil doesn't get promoted he won't be on a fortune. He was relatively unproven and came from Hamilton where he'd be on less than 100k a year.

Possibly. I'd think if Neil doesn't get promoted he won't be on a fortune. He was relatively unproven and came from Hamilton where he'd be on less than 100k a year.

You've got to pay compensation for them as well though.

By King's own admission we are looking at a couple of tough years and I can't see us having the resources to get somebody in world and doing a good job from that level.