Stuart Mccall And Tactical Changes

Absolutely! In my eyes it would be hard for any coach to say yes to managing us till the end of the season with the intention of getting us promoted with no option for at least a year in charge.

Can you imagine the conversation? "Please gain promotion, but we don't want you after that"

Makes no sense.

Yeah. It would be really difficult to justify not giving him an extension if he gets us promoted.

I think that McCall took the job until the end of the season because he is anticipating getting a new deal if he achieves promotion. He did say in his first press conference that he would like the job on a permanent basis.

Before the game McCall got it stinking for our set up. The same as McCoist and McDowall would have got had they gone 5-3-2.

Hindsight is wonderful.

i never, hibs horsed us off the park at ibrox with the same 352, i screamed for ally to change it that night, he never, we got pumped

i never, hibs horsed us off the park at ibrox with the same 352, i screamed for ally to change it that night, he never, we got pumped

So, you think McCall got it spot on? Even Jig and Mohsni starting? And McGregor at RWB?

Like a beach on here.

I think today we saw more than anything else what happens when you have someone at the helm who actually knows what they're doing. We adopted a formation that both protected our weaknesses like McCulloch's lack of pace, and neutered the opposition's strengths, by having 3-2 at the back at all times with Allan as their number ten unable to get any space due to our strength in the centre of the pitch. Our big problem was always the fact that there was heaps of space between the lines - so he had us focused and organised and tightly packed in the middle. We actually had specific ideas in mind and we implemented them. We pressed the ball and we kept organised, chasing the ball as a team, defending as a team and attacking as one.

Small things but it's a world of difference from under McCoist and MacDowell. Apparently that's the difference coaching with a philosophy, intelligent analysis of the opposition and organisation makes. Who knew?

Very well put. (tu)

So, you think McCall got it spot on? Even Jig and Mohsni starting? And McGregor at RWB?

Like a beach on here.

given the players he had at his disposal yes, on a better day you'd drop either jig or moshni for mcgregor and have foster at right wing back

he knew he had to shore up through the middle against hibs, they passed us off the park every game this season because our flat back 4 were terrible and our midfield 2 were overran

Before the game McCall got it stinking for our set up. The same as McCoist and McDowall would have got had they gone 5-3-2.

Hindsight is wonderful.

To be fair , it's how you use them.

Wallace and , to a lesser extent , McGregor , bombed down the wings all game. Think they were more adventurous than Ally would ever have had them in a game of this magnitude .

First improvement being that I've yet so see McCall sit on his arse and watch until 75 minutes and make the mandatory change of miller and boyd for daly and clark.

Today we had hunger. Something that's being missing this season. Team played with a better tactical understanding and it showed with the passing and movement going forward.

I'd keep the same shape for next week. Sheils deserves to start he looks a lot more creative under McCall. Possibly like to see Vuckic play upfront somewhere.

Thought McCall got it spot on the day and both wing backs were influential in how we won the game(especially Wallace) but quite a few players stood up and manned up the day and Zaliukas was also terrific, hats of to Sheils also who ran his guts out.

Onwards and upwards, WATP

I've been really impressed with McCall since the first day he came in pulling the players in on their day off. I loved that. And there was talk about Kenny Black driving up from Sheffield to watch the Hibs Livi game before they officially got the job. Fantastic stuff. If we go up or not, i would like to see McCall get a chance with us. That team under was stale under Ally, and rotting away under McDowel but he's stopped the rot and freshened things up big time.