Your Favourite Rangers Goal...

markem

What goal did you enjoy most......

Lovenkrands cup final header for me - I thought my head was going to explode that day.

As a thing of beauty I would also take Mendes at the midden. Aw don't hit that I thought to myself.....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Forsyth 73 cup final.

He was kind of our "token" for that game, as I believe we were unbeaten from when we signed.

The goal seemed to happen in slow motion from where I was stood at the Rangers End, the ball was back and forward off the posts at the far end, and we couldn't make out too well what was happening until the players turned round to celebrate and a mighty celebration ensued.

Was my first old firm game. 134,000 there. Thats me and my dad in the Rangers end,me with the blue, white and red scarf, and my dad's the guy with the bunnet ;)

I remember the game vividly up till when big Tam scored, especially the greatest save ever when Greig stopped it for a penalty, which unfortunately Connelly scored from, but the rest was a bit of a joyful daze for me.

Parlane's was a great goal, and Alfie Conn's was even better imo, but Tam's was the icing on the cake.

Me and my dad walked back to Ibrox (we lived round the corner) from Hampden (a few pints for my dad on the way) and we got back just in time for the team bus arriving back at Ibrox. I can remember Tommy McLean and Alex MacDonald bringing that big cup off the bus to be safely put back in the Ibrox trophy room.

Edit: Thank fuck studs were about an inch long in those days or big Tam might have scuffed it, (though I'm sure he had it all worked out as the ball bounced off those posts.)

Gascoigne, 96. There was a throw in and Alan McLaren said 'come on Gazza, give us something', and there and then he duly did: ran half way up the park and slotted the ball into the opposition net and we won the league. Special player, and a special goal; although in that match his first goal was just as good.

Don't know why , but this was the first thing that sprung to my mind.

We had an injury hit team , and dreading the worst against a team that the press had done their usual building up to.

Then this happened. . . .

Tom Forsyth 73 cup final.

He was kind of our "token" for that game, as I believe we were unbeaten from when we signed.

The goal seemed to happen in slow motion from where I was stood at the Rangers End, the ball was back and forward off the posts at the far end, and we couldn't make out too well what was happening until the players turned round to celebrate and a mighty celebration ensued.

Was my first old firm game. 134,000 there. Thats me and my dad in the Rangers end,me with the blue, white and red scarf, and my dad's the guy with the bunnet ;)

I remember the game vividly up till when big Tam scored, especially the greatest save ever when Greig stopped it for a penalty, which unfortunately Connelly scored from, but the rest was a bit of a joyful daze for me.

Parlane's was a great goal, and Alfie Conn's was even better imo, but Tam's was the icing on the cake.

Me and my dad walked back to Ibrox (we lived round the corner) from Hampden (a few pints for my dad on the way) and we got back just in time for the team bus arriving back at Ibrox. I can remember Tommy McLean and Alex MacDonald bringing that big cup off the bus to be safely put back in the Ibrox trophy room.

Edit: Thank fuck studs were about an inch long in those days or big Tam might have scuffed it, (though I'm sure he had it all worked out as the ball bounced off those posts.)

Enjoyed that vid mate :thumbup: It's great watching us beating them before I was even born.

What an attendance!

My favourite goal is McDonald's helicopter

My favourite Gers goal is lovenkrands .

My most important goal is Novos pen.

The best gers goal is coops against them.

wouldn't argue with much of that - perhaps Laudrups header for 9 for most important.

1991 decider. I get goosebumps watching it every time. I was only young, but it felt fucking great. Ibrox really did erupt.

What a way to win a league title.

I'm going to take away the obvious ones against the bheggers.

So I'll go for Arteta penalty in injury time to win the league in 2003, Naismith injury time winner at Tynecastle (place went bonkers that day), ricksen injury time penalty at Tynecastle, or Whittaker goal in Lisbon.

1991 decider. I get goosebumps watching it every time. I was only young, but it felt fucking great. Ibrox really did erupt.

Good pick.

The dip in form , the injuries , I think we all dreaded the worst that day , particularly against a team that hadn't lost for months ( ? ) . I can remember the relief and celebration when big Hateley scored .

Up there with biggest days and greatest atmosphere's ever ,fought like lions that day and such a relief not to let them win league at Ibrox which would have been unbearable.

It was a toss up between this and Willie Johnston's second against Moscow Dynamo.

But this gets it for the sheer bedlam that broke out after it, and the most memorable atmosphere I have ever experienced.

13 years old and tears in my eyes, the same was true of fans three times my age though.

Not to mention the scorer went on to be one of our greatest.

So tough to choose any of them from Cooper'a cup final free kick v Aberdeen, McCoist's overhead kick cup final winner v Hibs, Hateley's league winner v Aberdeen, McCoist's diving headers v Leeds and Celtic, Arteta's 6-1 penalty v Dunfermline, Hateley's equaliser against Marseille, Gazza from inside his own half to win 8IAR against Aberdeen, Laudrup's 9IAR header, and so many utterly stunning shots and team goals.

Honestly, my favourite is Scott Nisbet against Brugge... 'It might be the biggest fluke in Europe this year, but who cares?'