Cricket

8 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Caught a bit this morning. Seen Bayliss' interview after the game. Sounds like Buttler will be coming in for Duckett in the next test. Said Woakes could be playing in the next test. I think Broad will be rested in the next test. He could hardly walk never mind bowl by the end of this match. 

Buttler hasn't played in a year. 

We have one major problem with the batting line up and it's this selection. 

Could we push Moeen up again or is that a no no. 

As for Bayliss. I met him at WOSCC and he was fantastic with everyone. Had a nice wee chat with him 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Buttler hasn't played in a year. 

We have one major problem with the batting line up and it's this selection. 

Could we push Moeen up again or is that a no no. 

As for Bayliss. I met him at WOSCC and he was fantastic with everyone. Had a nice wee chat with him 

Yeah that was mentioned. Bayliss did say he looks in good nick but I suppose he has to say that! Duckett can't play in the next test. He's a walking wicket. If Moeen is pushed up Woakes could come in and that way Broad, Jimmy and Woakes all play. Shortens the batting line up though. Tough decision to make!

He comes across really well in interviews. Can imagine he's a nice guy. 

5 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Yeah that was mentioned. Bayliss did say he looks in good nick but I suppose he has to say that! Duckett can't play in the next test. He's a walking wicket. If Moeen is pushed up Woakes could come in and that way Broad, Jimmy and Woakes all play. Shortens the batting line up though. Tough decision to make!

He comes across really well in interviews. Can imagine he's a nice guy. 

Moeen, Rashid, Ansari

Broad, Anderson, Stokes, Woakes

That would be far too many bowling options. Not that Ansari should be anywhere near the side. 

9 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Moeen, Rashid, Ansari

Broad, Anderson, Stokes, Woakes

That would be far too many bowling options. Not that Ansari should be anywhere near the side. 

Would you go with the three spinners and bring Batty in or trust Root a bit more?

17 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Would you go with the three spinners and bring Batty in or trust Root a bit more?

Cook, Hameed, Root, Buttler, Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen, Woakes, Rashid, Broad, Anderson

If Broad isn't fit then I'd play Batty. Personally speaking I'd also retain Duckett over Buttler, but that's not looking like happening.

7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Cook, Hameed, Root, Buttler, Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen, Woakes, Rashid, Broad, Anderson

If Broad isn't fit then I'd play Batty. Personally speaking I'd also retain Duckett over Buttler, but that's not looking like happening.

For me Duckett has got to sit this one out, he looks a walking wicket. I think Broad will miss this one, Woakes in for him and Batty for Ansari. 

Cook has confirmed there will be at least three changes for the next test. 

Buttler is in for Duckett; Ansari and Broad are both out injured. Presumably that will be Batty and Woakes back in.

Buttler will also be in a batsman - not wicketkeeper - but will bat at 7. Probably makes sense, you want Bairstow to bat long and Buttler to bat quick.

Good day's work from Australia. Great ton for Khawaja if you ignore the fact he ran out Smith.

Avoidable wickets at times, and they'd much rather still have Wade out there with Khawaja, but a lead of 50 with a batsman and Starc at the crease could be much, much worse. Jackson Bird has been decent with the bat in the Shield recently too.

Australia should be looking at a lead of 150, and that takes Saffers out of the test. 

6 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Whilst England have made this 3rd Test very difficult to win..There is a long way to go..

Seems South Africa are prepared to give the Aussies a token test win consolation..

How bad are Pakistan..???...

Australia used to refer to any test match won after a series lost as a dead rubber,I wonder if it will be a dear rubber if they win?

I think England are right up against it unless they bowl out their skins and India bat poorly.

Pakistan are a bit like England,you just don't know from test match to test match which team will turn up.