I'd Give Stuart The Job Now

subcrawl

I think the decision for the Board is straightforward. If we win promotion this season then they will offer the job to McCall unless an exceptional manager with far better credentials had become available at an affordable wage. If we don't win promotion then I think the Board will look much more carefully at who to select.

In the here and now though - this week - McCall would do us all the biggest favour ever if he can motivate the team to win promotion. No complacency. Full attention to taking the scoring opportunities. Full attention to defending properly for the full period of the games and not giving away any goals. Full concentration on avoiding red cards. Full commitment and enterprise from the midfield to create goal scoring opportunities, to keep the ball and use it well, to recover the ball and close down the opposition and to bolstering the defence. As McCall said himself, everyone can be tired in June. For some, including McCall - this is a chance to win new contracts. But most of all, much more important by a distance beyond measurement - is the repayment to the Support of promotion and back to the top flight. A price probably can be put on that. But it would be an imperfect calculation. How would you value what that would mean to the Support? To be part of that would be priceless for McCall and the players too. So here's to success for the next 2 games.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what happens in the final game, and I think we will go through, McCall has show enough to be given the manager's job on a permanent basis, at least for the first season or two back in the top flight.

That was a superb display of defensive organisation and hard work unimaginable under the previous idiots, and follows what has been a marked improvement in attitude and application since he took over. He is still constrained by having previous idiotic signings on the books and will only get better for us. I honestly think we would have strongly challenged and possibly beaten Hearts had he been in from the start.

I would hope this would be echoed by most bears now, aside from the usual head in the sky dafties who want Eddie Howe, Jurgen Klopp or whoever.

Think we need to make the next appointment long term, not just for a season or so, so going by your comment and many other bears comments, we don't see him as long term, but there is no manager that can come into rangers and be allowed time, so on that basis, i would give him a shot at it.

He's made chicken salad out of chicken shit so far. If we get promoted, then I think it's only fair that he's given a year to build his own team.

The only thing that really annoys me about him is his insistence to keep playing Lee McCulloch. But hopefully he's gone in the summer.