I'd Give Stuart The Job Now

subcrawl

So what would you have done? Stayed and not given someone else a shot? He did all he could and his playing staff was reduced every season.

Why don't you apply for the managers position? You seem to have all the answers...

No you do, you are the one fighting fire trying to defend the indefensible. why are you so desperate for a poor football manager to get the job at Rangers potentially setting us back years?

Do you not think if we advertised the job properly or even head hunted potential managers we couldn't do better than someone who has failed north and south of the border? McCalls managerial record is pretty damn poor.

I want the best possible man for the job and i don't believe it to be Stuart McCall. It's only my opinion.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could name you at least 10 managers who would have walked over broken glass to manage us that time and one with masses of experience down south. To suggest McCall done us some sort of phenomenal favour is stretching it.

Also to answer The Mighty Bears, i don't think my expectations are too at all, i just expect better. McCall has pulled up no trees and has had numerous dreadful results stemming from his poor decision making. I just don't believe him to be good enough.

OK, so name these 10 managers then. I would like to hear of them.

What dreadful results exactly?

We've had 1 defeat since he has been here, not including today, I don't count that as we won on aggregate.

So brighten things up and name me 10 better managers please.

Can't believe some of the negative shit on here about McCall.

He has worked a miracle to even to get us this far. Some appreciation FFS!

We are in the final round FFS and we WILL fuckin win it of that I am sure.

He has got it. Anyone that could turn around that shower of dross is the man.

The alternative is some jumped up billy big time, just because he has got the opportunity to manage a BIG club. Then what? Money and more money as he builds HIS squad and three million excuses as we get pumped each week.

Stuart can hit the ground running and on a shoestring and we will do well (pardon the pun).

The alternative is some jumped up billy big time, just because he has got the opportunity to manage a BIG club. Then what? Money and more money as he builds HIS squad and three million excuses as we get pumped each week.

Stuart can hit the ground running and on a shoestring and we will do well (pardon the pun).

Agreed mate. Some fans should be careful what they wish for.

McCall has done a great job so far, and will do an even better job with his own signings.

I'm on the fence here. On one hand McCall and Black have done so well for turning things around but I feel we are only now doing what most decent management teams do. It seems unfair if he leads us to promotion that he doesn't get at least another year.

The other half of me thinks that mccall may be enough to steady the ship but is he the man to take us forward and play an attractive style of football. Yes there have been improvements and perhaps with his own players things would be better still but I'm just not convinced.

It's an incredibly tough call for the board to make......just don't give it to billy davies or terry butcher.

We are not a limited team with limited players, it is not a miracle that McCall has managed to put us in pole position for a place in the top league either.

We have a better squad and resources than everyone in this division, that's why none of them can take us over 2 legs.

Most of us who said to bring McCall in said that he could take us up, so I'm a wee bit unsure where the surprise is coming from that we're nearly there.

I think he's a really good man manager, his tactics aren't too bad either, he has got a good squad who were low on confidence buzzing again, no point pretending he's just led binmen and traffic wardens to a play off final. I'm not trying to belittle him either, it takes a good coach to get into people's heads etc but the clamber to sign him up already is a bit premature for me.

Open up applications and I'd be delighted for McCall to apply, if he's the best man then hire him, if not then hail him for fixing the mess the previous wasters left and wish him every success.

If Stuart were to get the job I'm not sure it should be based on his time here so far. I think I would like to know his plans for the team- if we got promoted, then how would he endeavour to bring success to the club. I think other options should be considered, but I don't think Stuart should be ruled out.

Regardless of what happens in the final game, and I think we will go through, McCall has show enough to be given the manager's job on a permanent basis, at least for the first season or two back in the top flight.

That was a superb display of defensive organisation and hard work unimaginable under the previous idiots, and follows what has been a marked improvement in attitude and application since he took over. He is still constrained by having previous idiotic signings on the books and will only get better for us. I honestly think we would have strongly challenged and possibly beaten Hearts had he been in from the start.

I would hope this would be echoed by most bears now, aside from the usual head in the sky dafties who want Eddie Howe, Jurgen Klopp or whoever.

No way should he be given the job. He is better than McCoist but not what we want going forward.

How has he worked a miracle? Some of his decisions have been mince. His team selections and tactics have hardly been inspiring. Better than McCoist? Yes. What we want to take RFC up to a better level? No chance.

Dave King has already intimated the job will be open to applications,including Stuart McCall, no matter which division we will be playing in,so I'm not sure if our recent tactics/performances will have a bearing on the decision of the board when the time comes.

A lot hinges on the ability of the applicant and also the remuneration required to get said manager,so I just hope we can get the best value for money available whether it be McCall or somebody else.

I don't know if I could bear watching us defend for 90 minutes against far better teams than Hibs if we manage promotion,because the auld ticker couldn't survive it. :pipe:

Not read it all , but from what I've seen most want it opened up to applicants. I don't see anything negative in that.

If SMcC is the best of the lot , then great , but why not leave our options open ?

SMcC has done a good job turning this around , but it's about what's best for Rangers , not Stuart McCall , harsh as that may seem.

People are talking as if getting us promoted is some sort of achievement. With everything we have and the gulf between everything and everyone we have and all the rest of the lower league rubbish. A guy who couldn't even manage 2nd place and has a win ratio lower than Le Guen, Greig and McCoist. There is no way he should even be considered. He's here to do a short term job. Take us up. It's not a coup. It's nothing unexpected. It's the very minimum expected at our club. We were awful again today and actually lost the match which is being overlooked because we are one step closer to being back in the big time. The drop in ambitions, standards and expectations among our support is extremely sad.

Agreed with most of this apart from you saying he shouldn't even be considered. I think he deserves at the very least that if we go up.

Opening it up for applications is the best and most sensible option for the club here and that is the most important thing, not what's best for Mccall. He may be the best option at the end if the process but there's no point limiting our opportunities of success when this is such an important summer for the club.

It's not just about what he does on matchdays that will see him get or not get the job, but I think the future model for Rangers will be heavily focussed on youth development, with a view to making money by selling our young (developed) talent into bigger leagues like the EPL.

Therefore, whoever gets the job needs to demonstrate that they are good in this area.