I'd Give Stuart The Job Now

subcrawl

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me. In the 2nd half, at home to a 1st division Hibs, we were penned in for 45 mins. We went away and 'got the job done' with a 1-0 defeat.

Just because McCall is better than the previous spiv (couldy be worse) shouldn't mean we should settle. I want a major overhaul.

Let's not forget that we fell below and finished beneath Hibs under McCall; he's improved on McDowall's reign, but only matched McCoist's.

The last four games have brought success, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've had an absolute horror show of a season, from start-to-finish.

If he's the best option, then we should absolutely go with him. I extremely doubt he will be, though.

He took over a team who had thrown in the towel, i was standing at games thinking why am i here giving a fuck when the players have chucked it, but you keep going.

McCall has made Mistakes but he's done well and achieved more than expected i think he deserves a chance to see what he could do at Rangers with his own team.

I like him. He's not quite made a silk purse out of a sow's ear yet but is good at making the best out of what's available. Compare his and Ally's RTV interviews, worlds apart with realistic commitment and drive versus embarrassing excuse making. Has to be given a fair shout after next Sunday. Don't know enough about Warburton to compare but due process has to followed. Who does the interviews if that's the way it goes, because that judgement is just as important as the candidates credentials surely? Confident he'll get us past Motherwell over the 2 legs.

People are talking as if getting us promoted is some sort of achievement. With everything we have and the gulf between everything and everyone we have and all the rest of the lower league rubbish. A guy who couldn't even manage 2nd place and has a win ratio lower than Le Guen, Greig and McCoist. There is no way he should even be considered. He's here to do a short term job. Take us up. It's not a coup. It's nothing unexpected. It's the very minimum expected at our club. We were awful again today and actually lost the match which is being overlooked because we are one step closer to being back in the big time. The drop in ambitions, standards and expectations among our support is extremely sad.

Problem for me is that I can't assess him on anything other than what he has at his disposal now. I have had my fill of backs to the wall (Walter) tactics and I certainly do not want a manager that is going to approach next year like that. He however may feel he has little option atm and he is getting the required results in what is is essence cup finals under huge pressure. SM deserves huge credit for that.

Whoever gets the job I want us to play a more attacking style, let teams worry about us, it's not to much to ask.

People are talking as if getting us promoted is some sort of achievement. With everything we have and the gulf between everything and everyone we have and all the rest of the lower league rubbish. A guy who couldn't even manage 2nd place and has a win ratio lower than Le Guen, Greig and McCoist. There is no way he should even be considered. He's here to do a short term job. Take us up. It's not a coup. It's nothing unexpected. It's the very minimum expected at our club. We were awful again today and actually lost the match which is being overlooked because we are one step closer to being back in the big time. The drop in ambitions, standards and expectations among our support is extremely sad.

What a negative tit you are. Honest to god. You sound like you would have preferred McDowell than McCall coming in.

The man has done us one hell of a favour stepping in with eff all to work with. I'd like to see you work with the squad he has inherited. Tosspot.

Fuck giving him the job based on the fact he's "done better than McCoist."

(tu) We should be looking for the best we can get for both manager and players.

"He's better than Ally", and when it's players it's "he's better than McCulloch", are ridiculous reasons to hire/sign a manager/player.

1 of my worries about McCall is that his limit would be to get us to 2nd then we'd have to hire another manager to take us that next stage further. When we could probably hire someone else that can build the team and take us to the next level without the need of a stop gap that McCall would be.

(tu) We should be looking for the best we can get for both manager and players.

"He's better than Ally", and when it's players it's "he's better than McCulloch", are ridiculous reasons to hire/sign a manager/player.

1 of my worries about McCall is that his limit would be to get us to 2nd then we'd have to hire another manager to take us that next stage further. When we could probably hire someone else that can build the team and take us to the next level without the need of a stop gap that McCall would be.

He took Motherwell to 2nd on a shoestring budget. He will do more with our budget/ Plus he has a great eye for a player.

His Motherwell team will be relegated this year. He's a poor manager. No shame in that. He's just not good enough. Thank him and move on.

Every manager takes a team as far as they can. He wasn't helped when he couldn't sign any more players with his low budget. He did the honourable thing and moved on, unlike a certain McCoist.

Every manager takes a team as far as they can. He wasn't helped when he couldn't sign any more players with his low budget. He did the honourable thing and moved on, unlike a certain McCoist.

There's no pride in walking away leaving a club in the state he left Bradford and Motherwell. The only difference i see between McCall and McCoist is that Stuart has the players playing with a bit more passion. I think for a club like ours we need a little bit more than that.

He took Motherwell to 2nd on a shoestring budget. He will do more with our budget/ Plus he has a great eye for a player.

He will take us to 2nd.

If he's the absolute best manager we can get then fine appoint him, if he's not then we look elsewhere.

Anyone who thinks he doesn't deserve a crack with a pre-season and his own team can piss off as far as I'm concerned. The man put his neck on the line when we were absolutely horrific and only sliding down the table.

If he can turn this shower of shite into playoff winners then he can do a lot more with his own team and a pre-season.

It's hardly putting your neck on the line accepting an offer to manage The Rangers, a team he loves and supports and played for. Oh, and don't forget the wages.

His Motherwell team will be relegated this year. He's a poor manager. No shame in that. He's just not good enough. Thank him and move on.

Sometimes I wonder if you're expectation level is far too high. Of course, you'll say that's the standards we should expect but we must be realistic.

It's hardly putting your neck on the line accepting an offer to manage The Rangers, a team he loves and supports and played for. Oh, and don't forget the wages.

You don't think he put his neck on the line? No one else would have touched us at that point in time. We were horrific. Or are people just forgetting that?

There's no pride in walking away leaving a club in the state he left Bradford and Motherwell. The only difference i see between McCall and McCoist is that Stuart has the players playing with a bit more passion. I think for a club like ours we need a little bit more than that.

So what would you have done? Stayed and not given someone else a shot? He did all he could and his playing staff was reduced every season.

Why don't you apply for the managers position? You seem to have all the answers...

You don't think he put his neck on the line? No one else would have touched us at that point in time. We were horrific. Or are people just forgetting that?

I could name you at least 10 managers who would have walked over broken glass to manage us that time and one with masses of experience down south. To suggest McCall done us some sort of phenomenal favour is stretching it.

Also to answer The Mighty Bears, i don't think my expectations are too at all, i just expect better. McCall has pulled up no trees and has had numerous dreadful results stemming from his poor decision making. I just don't believe him to be good enough.