I'd Give Stuart The Job Now

subcrawl

It's not just about what he does on matchdays that will see him get or not get the job, but I think the future model for Rangers will be heavily focussed on youth development, with a view to making money by selling our young (developed) talent into bigger leagues like the EPL.

Therefore, whoever gets the job needs to demonstrate that they are good in this area.

very much so and that's why we need some others with appropriate expierience to be directors of footballing operations.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not a limited team with limited players, it is not a miracle that McCall has managed to put us in pole position for a place in the top league either.

We have a better squad and resources than everyone in this division, that's why none of them can take us over 2 legs.

Most of us who said to bring McCall in said that he could take us up, so I'm a wee bit unsure where the surprise is coming from that we're nearly there.

I think he's a really good man manager, his tactics aren't too bad either, he has got a good squad who were low on confidence buzzing again, no point pretending he's just led binmen and traffic wardens to a play off final. I'm not trying to belittle him either, it takes a good coach to get into people's heads etc but the clamber to sign him up already is a bit premature for me.

Open up applications and I'd be delighted for McCall to apply, if he's the best man then hire him, if not then hail him for fixing the mess the previous wasters left and wish him every success.

I'm not sure I would agree that we don't have some limited players. To be fair to McCall he's identified that an 18 year old is easily better than Black or Hutton, who are fairly limited players. As is Moshni, Simonsen, McCulloch, Aird, Templeton, Daly, Boyd......add your own. McCall has done an outstanding job.

Saying McCall has done an outstanding job is a massive over exaggeration IMO.

The way people talk about it you would think we were sitting in 8th or 9th place when he took over and he overseen a 10 odd game unbeaten run that seen is fly up the table and unexpectedly reach the play offs.

I'm not sure I would agree that we don't have some limited players. To be fair to McCall he's identified that an 18 year old is easily better than Black or Hutton, who are fairly limited players. As is Moshni, Simonsen, McCulloch, Aird, Templeton, Daly, Boyd......add your own. McCall has done an outstanding job.

He was first played by Durie/McDowall, he kept him in the team right enough.

He is also 20.

Not read it all , but from what I've seen most want it opened up to applicants. I don't see anything negative in that.

If SMcC is the best of the lot , then great , but why not leave our options open ?

SMcC has done a good job turning this around , but it's about what's best for Rangers , not Stuart McCall , harsh as that may seem.

Right then, dig deep and reveal to the world, considering where we are, what finances might be available to play in this backwater and who would come to this backwater, who your preferred candidates would be and how they would be better than McCall, taking into account McColl:

Knows the Scottish game inside out

Knows the players

Knows the ethos of the club

Can manage on a shoestring

Can motivate players

Has tactical nous

Knows what playing for the jersey is all about. Just as a wee added bonus.

The way people talk about it you would think we were sitting in 8th or 9th place when he took over and he overseen a 10 odd game unbeaten run that seen is fly up the table and unexpectedly reach the play offs.

So McD would have taken us to the final then?

That fuckin team of dross were dying under his and McC leadership.

Short memories indeed.

Yea, you've listed the shite ones, bar Boyd who was firing on all cylinders before he came here, and Daly who used to terrorise us and the tims.

Now list the ones who stood out in the SPL and have international and Champion's League experience.

Don't get me wrong I will still celebrate promotion like I've won the lottery but when you look at our squad compared to the one's we're up against it's no really a great surprise.

McCoist was that fucking woeful it's making folk think McCall is Mourinho just because he can get these guys playing.

Their heads went down, they never lost their ability, McCall has been brilliant getting their heads focused again but it's where they should have been in the first place.

I don't think McCall has done anything that's made me think 'wow', I love how he has kicked Black out though and Installed Murdoch but I wasn't happy with sitting back yesterday, we don't have the defence for that. When we were attacking at one point Hibs couldn't cope, we should have kept at it and finished them.

On that basis, and his subs at Tynecastle, I think the jury is still out, even he accepts that, if he's in the dug out next season and he was the best applicant I wont be complaining but I am hoping for a bit more.

It's unreal how far we've come in the past few months since the win at Easter Road. Under McDowall we couldn't buy a win, think it was something like one win in nine games at one point. Right now we have lost something like one game in our last sixteen.

Also have to take into consideration how low confidence must have been in the dressing room when he came in. I was beginning to believe that no manager could come in and get us promoted but now we find ourselves just 180 minutes away.

Let's be honest, there is absolutely no way we would have got this far if we stuck with McDowall. We either wouldn't have made the play-offs or we'd have been out at the first hurdle.

It's unreal how far we've come in the past few months since the win at Easter Road. Under McDowall we couldn't buy a win, think it was something like one win in nine games at one point. Right now we have lost something like one game in our last sixteen.

Also have to take into consideration how low confidence must have been in the dressing room when he came in. I was beginning to believe that no manager could come in and get us promoted but now we find ourselves just 180 minutes away.

Let's be honest, there is absolutely no way we would have got this far if we stuck with McDowall. We either wouldn't have made the play-offs or we'd have been out at the first hurdle.

I do think McCall has done really well in terms of rebuilding confidence and getting us that little bit more organised, but I was always confident that with a managerial change it was something that could be achieved and McCall was somebody I wanted us to bring in pretty much from when he left Motherwell because I thought he could do exactly what he's done but I'm not going to start using words like miracle to describe it.

He's made mistakes too, ones that could really be exposed once we step up to a higher level of football and I feel that some times people are willing to ignore them simply because he's doing better than McCoist & McDowell did.

As an example if either of those two had finished third, having been in a position where finishing second was in their own hands, then everybody would have went mental. That didn't really happen when McCall did it.

I'd certainly interview him for the job and I think he's going to be pretty hard done by if he doesn't be get it, but as of right now I think keeping our options open is the best thing for the club.

Right then, dig deep and reveal to the world, considering where we are, what finances might be available to play in this backwater and who would come to this backwater, who your preferred candidates would be and how they would be better than McCall, taking into account McColl:

Knows the Scottish game inside out

Knows the players

Knows the ethos of the club

Can manage on a shoestring

Can motivate players

Has tactical nous

Knows what playing for the jersey is all about. Just as a wee added bonus.

I haven't a clue who would apply given our circumstances.

But I don't see what's wrong with leaving our options open and see who may be interested. Maybe you could say why you're so against that idea ?

Like I say , if he's the best on offer , I wouldn't have a problem , and I actually agree with your points , added to which I think he'd improve further with his own players , but I still see no reasoning , not to see who's available.

true but lets be honest if he didn't take over we would have been pumped by QoTS who no doubt would also have finished above us in the league.

I haven't a clue who would apply given our circumstances.

But I don't see what's wrong with leaving our options open and see who may be interested. Maybe you could say why you're so against that idea ?

Like I say , if he's the best on offer , I wouldn't have a problem , and I actually agree with your points , added to which I think he'd improve further with his own players , but I still see no reasoning , not to see who's available.

I agree with leaving the options open, but for the life of me, given our circumstances, I just can't think of an alternative.

From the posts, there isn't many alterantives being proposed, other than knocking McCall.

At the end of the day, King will decide and Im sure it won't be anyone looking to spend too much.

Under McCall we finished 3rd in the leauge. Even under McCoist I'm sure we would've made the playoffs.

There that is the thing, just before McCall took over just about everybody on here was saying we wouldn't make the playoffs, cause we were fucking terrible,

But with a someone else's team has got us at least looking like we have a plan, can't people remember just how bad the football was before,

He might not be the greatest manager in the world but he for my mind has done well with what he has got, and before people start going on about how we have the best squad in the league, every fucker in here wanted just about all of them papped cause they are fucking useless!!

The decision will be DK's and even though he's been a fingertip away from being able to make the decision, he's been in SA with the odd pop in now and again and plans to continue to do so after Motherwell are down. He isn't even remotely close enough to what's happening with us on the park to make any sort of informed decision about who the next manager should be yet it's his call ultimately.

Fairly sure he'll take advice from all quarters and he'll need it because footballing wise, he doesn't have the footballing credentials to make it on himself. Happy to see him making good the business direction but he isn't qualified to make a decision about Stuart McCall or any future Rangers manager on his own. If we do Motherwell, Stuart McCall is a shoe in imo

I agree with leaving the options open, but for the life of me, given our circumstances, I just can't think of an alternative.

From the posts, there isn't many alterantives being proposed, other than knocking McCall.

At the end of the day, King will decide and Im sure it won't be anyone looking to spend too much.

(tu)

If SMcC gets the job I'd have no complaints . The difference from the style of football is night and day compared to the couple of years previously and he'll have earned it.

If he does get us promoted , I'd say he's favourite to land it , and it should take someone extraordinary to take it from him . In all honesty , I don't see that happening , but I'd still leave that option open just in case.