Whittaker

Grae

STEVEN WHITTAKER reckons Scottish football will benefit by Rangers beating Motherwell in the Premiership play-off.

The Norwich star savoured success in the English version at Wembley at the beginning of the week.

Now it’s the turn of his former club and Whittaker believes the game in his homeland stands to gain more with a win for Stuart McCall’s men.

He said: ‘I think Rangers have come through a very tough test against Hibs.

“I’m sure they’ll go into the Motherwell games feeling that they can get back into the top flight.

“Rangers deserve to be in the Premiership and it would be great for Scottish football to have them back in the top league. I hope they do it.”

Action ImagesJS64535029.jpg

Norwich City's Steven Whittaker celebrates at full time after gaining promotion to the Barclays Premier League

Whittaker admits he may be involved in tonight’s game had the club not struck financial disaster and plumetted to the bottom-tier of the Scottish leagues.

He added: “It was a surreal situation when I left Rangers.

“I’d signed a four-year contract and committed my future to the club, then it all went wrong.

“Obviously they went bust, they had to start all over again in the Third Division. For my own career, I had to move on.

“Before that, I had decided that I wanted to play for Rangers for the rest of my career.

“But it wasn’t to be. In the end, we move on.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he and Naismith announce they were jumping ship prior to it being announced that we were having to start again in Div 3?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Op you shut yer hole as well. We've no started again anywhere we were demoted. Tarrier like speak

I was paraphrasing what Whittaker said. You shut yer hole!

His signing on fee obviously paid for his hair transplant. The big baldy receding cunt. One of the worst cunts ever to play for us, him and Naismith tied for first. Pricks of the highest order.

Not that this matters, tonight will be a great night for the club, a sell out and hopefully getting back into the top division. Whittaker will be long forgotten before nights like tonight.

Don't get the hate for him at all he was never a Bear so shouldn't be held to the same standards as the traitors

He played for Rangers. Anyone who plays for Rangers should act like a Rangers man with dignity and pride.

Love how on the biggest game we've had in 3 years, a chance to forget about the worst 3 years in our history we get hit with a story of an ex player basically saying we are a new club. However I have to wonder about any bear posting something like this on a day like today. All I will say is that tonight "The Bears will be having a paaaaaaarrrrrttttyyyyyy, the tims are shagging weans". WATP!

Don't get the hate for him at all he was never a Bear so shouldn't be held to the same standards as the traitors

Ffs so Davis and co have to be hated for getting Southampton to pay money for him but this cunts press conference stunts, she very good