Whittaker

Grae

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

STEVEN WHITTAKER reckons Scottish football will benefit by Rangers beating Motherwell in the Premiership play-off.

The Norwich star savoured success in the English version at Wembley at the beginning of the week.

Now its the turn of his former club and Whittaker believes the game in his homeland stands to gain more with a win for Stuart McCalls men.

He said: I think Rangers have come through a very tough test against Hibs.

Im sure theyll go into the Motherwell games feeling that they can get back into the top flight.

Rangers deserve to be in the Premiership and it would be great for Scottish football to have them back in the top league. I hope they do it.

Action ImagesJS64535029.jpg Norwich City's Steven Whittaker celebrates at full time after gaining promotion to the Barclays Premier League

Whittaker admits he may be involved in tonights game had the club not struck financial disaster and plumetted to the bottom-tier of the Scottish leagues.

He added: It was a surreal situation when I left Rangers.

Id signed a four-year contract and committed my future to the club, then it all went wrong.

Obviously they went bust, they had to start all over again in the Third Division. For my own career, I had to move on.

Before that, I had decided that I wanted to play for Rangers for the rest of my career.

But it wasnt to be. In the end, we move on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he and Naismith announce they were jumping ship prior to it being announced that we were having to start again in Div 3?

300 odd posts in 5 years and on the day of the biggest game in 3 seasons you post about him ......

:shifty:

Whittaker can go take a flying fuck at a Koala up a tree for all I care. Whatever he says now is irrelevant and will never paper over the bitter comments he made about us when him and that other ungrateful cunt,Naismith turned traitor to our club and our supporters.

I will also add that Whittaker was one of the worst defensive fullbacks I have ever witnessed at Rangers in all my 60+ years of being a Bear. In fact, I have dropped better defenders than that useless drongo in semi-professional teams.

I'm sure the whole of Scotland know that they will benefit but the sad fact is they hate Rangers more than they love/care about their own clubs so they don't want to see us win

Are we really at that level?

I'm not interested in anything that Whittaker has to say, because if he loved Rangers FC as he says, he would have stayed and helped on the field or financially if we gave him a transfer. Davis who we got money for, this puts him on a different level to Whittaker and the rest that walked.

He played for Rangers. Anyone who plays for Rangers should act like a Rangers man with dignity and pride.

Should that standard not apply to the fans as well? It seems to me that some fans need to understand that being part of the Rangers family means that you have to act with dignity and pride at all times.

Whittaker admits he may be involved in tonight’s game had the club not struck financial disaster and plumetted to the bottom-tier of the Scottish leagues.

What?

If financial disaster hadn't plummeted us to the bottom tier, tonight's game wouldn't fucking exist!

Just some top notch journalism on display here!

He played for Rangers. Anyone who plays for Rangers should act like a Rangers man with dignity and pride.

No a Rangers Man should act with the dignity and respect and pride of a Rangers Man he is just an ex player there is loads of people that have played for us with no love for us and that is fine but supporters of our club should be held to a higher standard than non supporters

Should that standard not apply to the fans as well? It seems to me that some fans need to understand that being part of the Rangers family means that you have to act with dignity and pride at all times.

What are you trying to say :lol:?

No a Rangers Man should act with the dignity and respect and pride of a Rangers Man he is just an ex player there is loads of people that have played for us with no love for us and that is fine but supporters of our club should be held to a higher standard than non supporters

So you hold Naismith in a higher regard than the likes of the others who also left?

CUNT. Was hoping to read in this that he had been struck down by some kind of mysterious career ending injury. Did I mention hes a Cunt

This.

Lets hope his career comes to a sudden end and he ends up skint.

It pains me to give the traitorous bastard a mention in this post.

They'll be putting up a painting of the "Valiant Privateers" soon, featuring Whitaker, Naismith and McGregor.