First Time Ever....

TheCutch

Warburton worked in a similar role at Brentford before becoming manager so I don't see why that would stop him. What he didn't want was the DOF picking the team and signing players.

He didn't want to use the stats thing the owner wanted to introduce.

I don't know why people keep going on about a DoF, King said a few times in interviews before the EGM took place, he didn't like the idea of having a DoF and didn't think they worked particularly well in Britain.

I am baffled how it's now turned that we must absolutely have one, for me Warburton could easily combine the managerial role and a type of DoF role aswell.

Wallace is quite a let down. Ok in non pressure games but buckles and hides in big games. He's quite predictable aswell

For a man who has spent so much of his Rangers career in attacking areas of the field, his distribution into the box is abysmal.

I'm more worried about who we're gonna get in.

We need a manager in place very soon, before we start worrying about players coming and going.

The thing is, I have no idea the calibre of player out there, as since 2012, I have only been concerned with Rangers, and lost all interest in Scottish football.

Is this Warburton chap really good? If so, why are there not other clubs looking to sign him? Why did Brentford dispense with his services?

There appear to be more questions than answers, and there is no guarantee that we'll go up next year, as there are lots of talk about league reconstruction, yet again.

Am the same with the first two sentences mate

I'm still worried that Chelsea might come in for Miller if Costa does indeed leave...

From what I hear Chelsea are after Falcao for £25m, I think we would need to be willing to take £20m for Miller if Chelsea were to buy him! Only because he is slightly older than Falcao!

I'm actually quite excited by the whole off season.

For the first time in years I can see we are going in a new direction, hopefully with Warburton and Weir at the helm and if not someone different to regular names linked, we'll be linked and probably sign a bunch of names we've not been linked with before or previously played for the club.

A new style of football could be implemented by the new management, I don't have to worry and watch the likes of McCulloch, Boyd, Foster, Moshni, Simonsen etc and may look forward to seeing new players with quality all over the park.

Off the field we can start to see a new direction for the club, new projects, new scouting teams and systems, new attitude towards youth players and how the transition between youth teams and the first team is made.

These are all ifs and buts, some things might happen others probably not, but despite probably the most disappointing season in our history at what we hope is at the end of the most disappointing and hardest period in our history, we actually have hope for once that some of things that our fans have been crying out for, for years can maybe happen in the near future.

Onwards and upwards, there's a shining light at what seems to be the longest and darkest tunnel this club has ever had to go through.

We copying Ajax again?