First Time Ever....

TheCutch

Was just looking at the threads about the out of contract players who will be leaving, and who is still under contract and it got me thinking...

For the first time since transfer windows came into play, I am not nervous about a bid coming in for any of our players.

In January we lost Lewis, and that one hurt at the time. Previous couple of windows I was worried about Wallace moving on.

Now, with the state of squad that Ally has left us with, I only have positive thoughts about incoming players, and could not give a shit if bids (unlikely) are accepted for any of the squad which is left behind.

It really does show just how poor we are.

Interesting way of looking at it - hadn't really seen it that way but, yeah!

Remember the days of hoping we could do something, anything to keep a hold of Laudrup; players such as that, with him being the best example.

Now I'd gladly chip in for a taxi taking the vast majority of our mince to any club stupid enough to offer them a decent contract.

I'm more worried about who we're gonna get in.

We need a manager in place very soon, before we start worrying about players coming and going.

The thing is, I have no idea the calibre of player out there, as since 2012, I have only been concerned with Rangers, and lost all interest in Scottish football.

Is this Warburton chap really good? If so, why are there not other clubs looking to sign him? Why did Brentford dispense with his services?

There appear to be more questions than answers, and there is no guarantee that we'll go up next year, as there are lots of talk about league reconstruction, yet again.

Was just looking at the threads about the out of contract players who will be leaving, and who is still under contract and it got me thinking...

For the first time since transfer windows came into play, I am not nervous about a bid coming in for any of our players.

In January we lost Lewis, and that one hurt at the time. Previous couple of windows I was worried about Wallace moving on.

Now, with the state of squad that Ally has left us with, I only have positive thoughts about incoming players, and could not give a shit if bids (unlikely) are accepted for any of the squad which is left behind.

What if the tramps bid for Wallace? :-p

I'm hearing rumours that Alex McLeish to be appointed new director of football at Ibrox with Mark Warburton and Davie Weir to be first team coach and assistant. I'm hoping some sort of budget will be in place to build and strengthen the squad in the next few days. OP I totally agree we will not get bids coming in for any of our players.

I'm hearing rumours that Alex McLeish to be appointed new director of football at Ibrox with Mark Warburton and Davie Weir to be first team coach and assistant. I'm hoping some sort of budget will be in place to build and strengthen the squad in the next few days. OP I totally agree we will not get bids coming in for any of our players.

One of the main reasons Warburton left Brentford was beacuse he did not want to work with a Director of Football so cannot see that being true. Agree we need to move things along quickly as even any half decent Bosmans will be tied up by other clubs soon.

Doubt McLeish would take a DOF role at the moment and I doubt we could afford to do this at present. If we pay the money necessary to get Warburton/Weir I can't see us splashing out another big salary for a DOF.

I'm actually quite excited by the whole off season.

For the first time in years I can see we are going in a new direction, hopefully with Warburton and Weir at the helm and if not someone different to regular names linked, we'll be linked and probably sign a bunch of names we've not been linked with before or previously played for the club.

A new style of football could be implemented by the new management, I don't have to worry and watch the likes of McCulloch, Boyd, Foster, Moshni, Simonsen etc and may look forward to seeing new players with quality all over the park.

Off the field we can start to see a new direction for the club, new projects, new scouting teams and systems, new attitude towards youth players and how the transition between youth teams and the first team is made.

These are all ifs and buts, some things might happen others probably not, but despite probably the most disappointing season in our history at what we hope is at the end of the most disappointing and hardest period in our history, we actually have hope for once that some of things that our fans have been crying out for, for years can maybe happen in the near future.

Onwards and upwards, there's a shining light at what seems to be the longest and darkest tunnel this club has ever had to go through.

I agree it wouldn't bother me either if wallace moved on.

By hearing rumours do you mean you where on Rangers rumours?

One of the main reasons Warburton left Brentford was beacuse he did not want to work with a Director of Football so cannot see that being true. Agree we need to move things along quickly as even any half decent Bosmans will be tied up by other clubs soon.

Warburton worked in a similar role at Brentford before becoming manager so I don't see why that would stop him. What he didn't want was the DOF picking the team and signing players.