Cathro Resigns

Mols2806

Other assistant managers can have similar impacts. By all accounts, Cathro has been making big waves in La Liga.

Still though Warburton and Weir are very tight knit. On the flip side i don't see Cathro leaving as assistant manager of Valencia to do the same job here.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If given the choice, I'm sure Warbuton would rather have Cathro as his assistant over Dave Weir. Cathro by all accounts has been a huge success in the role of assistant manager over in Spain and his stock is very high. Weir was a cluster fuck as the Sheffield United and the only way he's getting back in to managment is by riding the coattails of Warbuton.

Pish

What's the deal with the Cathro love? Is it because he's a young guy that got himself a coaching job at a reasonably high profile club? Is there anything more to it than that?

I think people are just using Cathro as a focal point for their cravings for some fresh new thinking at Rangers. Giving such an inexperiences football coach a managers role here would be crazy right now.

What's the deal with the Cathro love? Is it because he's a young guy that got himself a coaching job at a reasonably high profile club? Is there anything more to it than that?

I think people are just using Cathro as a focal point for their cravings for some fresh new thinking at Rangers. Giving such an inexperiences football coach a managers role here would be crazy right now.

Spot on, the guy has been fortunate enough to impress key people and land a high profile coaching job but aside from that what has he done?

Tbh same can be said of Warburton also, city trader until 2000 then decides to get into management, few coaching roles here and there, nothing to write home about then one relatively good season in charge of Brentford and suddenly he's a top coach?

Both are huge gambles but when you look at the alternatives no one really stands out or fills me with excitement, all I will say is I wasn't impressed with McCall brief stint in charge, his name should be no where near the role.

If given the choice, I'm sure Warbuton would rather have Cathro as his assistant over Dave Weir. Cathro by all accounts has been a huge success in the role of assistant manager over in Spain and his stock is very high. Weir was a cluster fuck as the Sheffield United and the only way he's getting back in to managment is by riding the coattails of Warbuton.

Warburton has shown great loyalty in his time in management already, I'd be shocked if he ditched Weir. Also be surprised if Cathro resigned from Valencia to be number 2 in the Scottish Championship.

You should also consider managers are often reluctant to work with people who are likely to be scouting their job.