Playing Football On The Ground

TheLawMan

By golly gosh, have I really missed that. I think you really need to go back to the Advocaat days when we actually played with real style, playing "through the thirds" as the MW described it today.

Its probably the most frustrating aspect of our play over the last 10 years and in particular the last few seasons under McCoist. We very rarely could string 5 or 6 passes together, everything was panicky, and we had players who looked as uncomfortable as any player i can remember.....including our player of the year last year by the way.

It was so refreshing to hear this is the style we are going to play and cant wait for new season now.

It starts now ! :21::21::21:

As Albear said in another thread...I wish the season started tomorrow.

I am buzzing for this season knowing the guy in charge is going to have us playing in the right way. It's going to be exciting, entertaining and we will see plenty of younger boys get their chance to shine.

Like Lintero said, we did have a few games every Blue Moon where we'd stomp the opposition by playing the ball on the ground, and we looked brilliant in doing so. Then it was back to square one the next week with long ball shite, as if the previous week's style and result were only a dream. Was frustrating as hell and I never, ever could wrap my head around that idiocy. Thank God for Warburton's approach - can't wait to see what he does with this team!

They're gonna have to hire extra staff to clean all the jizz from the stands due to the sexy football.

I can see our new favourite chant being

'yaaay' after every pass and the opposition being unable to get the ball. Fuck yer Barca.

Probably get sick of this new tiki-taka football after a few months, find ourselves longing for a big 60 yard hoof into the box, followed by a stramash and a toe poked deflected goal.

Not called 'long balls' anymore. From now on it's 'aerial tiki-taka'.

Seriously, though long balls are apart of the game. We will at times utilise them under MW. Let's just remain calm during those sporadic times

They're gonna have to hire extra staff to clean all the jizz from the stands due to the sexy football.

I can see our new favourite chant being

'yaaay' after every pass and the opposition being unable to get the ball. Fuck yer Barca.

50,000 chanting:

War-Weir Come Out to Plaaaaay!

0zDKk4d.gif

Not called 'long balls' anymore. From now on it's 'aerial tiki-taka'.

Seriously, though long balls are apart of the game. We will at times utilise them under MW. Let's just remain calm during those sporadic times

What about the old blokes who go to the game and shout "get the fuckin' baw in the fuckin' boax" for the full 90 mins? What will they shout now? "Get the fuckin' baw and start making fuckin' small triangulated one-touch passes up the fuckin' touchline". Confusion awaits.....

As Albear said in another thread...I wish the season started tomorrow.

I am buzzing for this season knowing the guy in charge is going to have us playing in the right way. It's going to be exciting, entertaining and we will see plenty of younger boys get their chance to shine.

It's going to be great going away on holiday for 2 weeks and waking up every morning trying to find out who the club has signed, been a longtime since that happened.