Should We Have Hired A Magician

Smile

Should have probably hired Cathro.

Say what you like about Hearts being shite but he went out and identified players to improve them at the end of that window and in the 2 games since then they've won convincingly, scoring 7 goals in the process. 4 of them against us.

He actually looks like he's willing to shop in more than just one league as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Say what you like about Hearts being shite but he went out and identified players to improve them at the end of that window and in the 2 games since then they've won convincingly, scoring 7 goals in the process. 4 of them against us.

He actually looks like he's willing to shop in more than just one league as well.

Cant entrust our club to anyone whom is largely untested, i dont care how good cathro becomes i still wont regret not taking him when we had the chance

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Cant entrust our club to anyone whom is largely untested, i dont care how good cathro becomes i still wont regret not taking him when we had the chance

I would probably agree with the part in bold.

The other part I think is a pretty ridiculous statement to make. Even if he went on to be one of the best managers about you still would you regret taking him? Of course you would.

22 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That will be more down to Levein as he seems to know all the Markets quite well.

16 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I would probably agree with the part in bold.

The other part I think is a pretty ridiculous statement to make. Even if he went on to be one of the best managers about you still would you regret taking him? Of course you would.

I know what you're saying TLT, what I'm saying is I wouldn't regret the original decision of not taking on an untested manager - because I always think it would be the right decision. If he becomes great I still wouldn't regret not taking him on because the right decision was made. That's all I'm trying to say.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I know what you're saying TLT, what I'm saying is I wouldn't regret the original decision of not taking on an untested manager - because I always think it would be the right decision. If he becomes great I still wouldn't regret not taking him on because the right decision was made. That's all I'm trying to say.

I'd certainly feel like it was a missed opportunity if he goes on to be a great manager.

Impossible to tell if that will happen though so I do get where you're coming from too. I suppose I'm just looking at the other options we had at the time and thinking they would have been better given how Warburton has turned out.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I'd certainly feel like it was a missed opportunity if he goes on to be a great manager.

Impossible to tell if that will happen though so I do get where you're coming from too. I suppose I'm just looking at the other options we had at the time and thinking they would have been better given how Warburton has turned out.

Of course I agree, I'd feel the same but I wouldn't regret making the right decision.

But, Cathro is hardly in everyone's good books at the moment - we'll just have to watch this space. But I really think we need another manager in the interim.