Rob Kiernan

Birmingham and Wigan fans are gutted on twitter. The mhanky mob are beelin on twiiter. A player the manager has worked with before. Tall dominating defender who is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Modest transfer fee involved.

Not seeing a negative here...

And unlike all these negative folk I've actually watched him play. I know he's a decent player with loads of potential, and as I keep saying, deciding to loan him out to Birmingham was an absolutely baffling decision by Wigan in what was an atrocious season.

I was actually pissed off to see him go.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The great unwashed just can't help themselves. Obsessed beyond belief.

I genuinely believe that if there was a Bears v Taig quiz competition about Rangers we would get horsed. It has to be one of footballs strangest phenomenon. The Guardian and Scotsman comment sections on articles about Rangers are so strange with maybe 150 comments, all from non Rangers fans. And its the same posters that have been posting in every article for years.

Found this on a Wigan forum:

"£200, 000 is not a bad price for the lad, Warburton and Rosler must have seen something about him. I thought he was at fault for too many of the goals conceded last season when on the pitch."

"Good price for someone I thought we'd let go on a free"

The new Ricky Foster ha ha

"£200, 000 is not a bad price for the lad, Warburton and Rosler must have seen something about him. I thought he was at fault for too many of the goals conceded last season when on the pitch."

Well he's no Shane Ferguson.

This poster is obviously one of those Caldwell sympathisers.

Kiernan was doing great, then Wigan brought Caldwell in against QPR in the playoffs and they got what they asked for with that!

I genuinely believe that if there was a Bears v Taig quiz competition about Rangers we would get horsed. It has to be one of footballs strangest phenomenon. The Guardian and Scotsman comment sections on articles about Rangers are so strange with maybe 150 comments, all from non Rangers fans. And its the same posters that have been posting in every article for years.

It's all grown men with families, that's the crazy thing!

Another player I like. I didn't include him when saying players I'd sign because I assumed he'd be going to Bristol City after a successful loan spell.

He was again one of Wigan's best players at the start of he season, and his loan to Bristol City was another laughable decision. Good right back, with potential. Bristol City end up walking league one and Wigan go down.

Thankfully he's a Wigan player and not still at Newcastle, where he was also rated highly. Won't cost much at all.

I bet I'll have another Wigan player in my head and we will end up being linked too :lol:

He seems extremely attacking on Youtube vids.

I actually do recognise his name from his Newcastle days, sure he was pretty highly rated when he played for them.

And unlike all these negative folk I've actually watched him play. I know he's a decent player with loads of potential, and as I keep saying, deciding to loan him out to Birmingham was an absolutely baffling decision by Wigan in what was an atrocious season.

I was actually pissed off to see him go.

Is he the strong dominating centre back we're looking for?

He seems extremely attacking on Youtube vids.

I actually do recognise his name from his Newcastle days, sure he was pretty highly rated when he played for them.

I'd like if we did sign him too, I'm not sure how how'd be in the physical sense, but he has played in back to back promotions from league one now with Rotherham and Bristol City.

He's attacking enough, scored a handful of goals in his career, which he has had quite a lot of games in for a 23 year old. I'd like to see this one develop really.

I'd love it if we went for Waghorn though. Get him fitter though, because he has a lot of quality and he works very hard.

What if the lad was about to join Birmingham and at the last minute the Gers contacted him and offered a more exciting football experience which he decided to take part in.So to save face Birmingham say they pulled out of the deal because of medical issues with the player.

Is he the strong dominating centre back we're looking for?

He could be in time. As Warbuton talks value, this is a player who will improve in both ability and value.

If you want a commanding centre back for right now, you may need to look further, but Kiernan was playing beside Ramis and Caldwell at Wigan, who were both more experienced and were both the leaders for some bizarre reason.

Mistakes from him came from miscommunication or poor decisions by centre back partners. If he thinks like a leader and takes control, he will be fine, because he is composed on the ball and would not be fazed by coming to play in front of all of us at Ibrox.

What if the lad was about to join Birmingham and at the last minute the Gers contacted him and offered a more exciting football experience which he decided to take part in.So to save face Birmingham say they pulled out of the deal because of medical issues with the player.

He's been playing for Birmingham all season. If there was something wrong with him, they'd know.

Birmingham have pulled out because he'd rather pull on our prestigious blue jersey as oppose to theirs.

I like this sort of signing to be honest.

I can understand people being optimistic about it, it's natural to be about a new signing but what I don't get is Rangers fans being needlessly negative about it??

I think at 200k at a fairly young age it's worth any potential risk. He's playing a season in the Scottish Championship remember.

Where is this obsession people have with Shane Ferguson coming from......i know he was just back from injury but he did fuck all in the Motherwell games. He is very similar to Gregg Wylde IMO

He wasn't fit, had no kind of form, and was simply thrown in to our team at the last minute. Even so, I found his pace and direct running to be exciting and we've been needing a player like that. I looked at Newcastle and other forums he's been to and seem him described him as hard working and tenacious. He obvioulsy does have an end product because he takes corners and free-kicks. Warbuton wanted young players who will add to the value of the squad on and off the pitch and Ferguson fits that description. He's a young guy with EPL and international experience and we shouldn't just dismiss that. Newcastle are willing to let him go and I'd like to see us take a chance on him.

Im sure that happens a lot.

Panos Pavlakis ‏@PanosInAsia

Guys, it's football business,agreement was reached with all related parties, medical took place but Club has now withdrawn its interest

The above is what the Birmingham director actually said. It's open to interpretation if he actually meant the medical was the problem. Maybe being a little clever with language since the player pulled out to speak to us?

Maybe not the box office signing some people were hoping for but we have a big rebuilding job ahead of us and we are going to sign a number of players. As a starting point I'm happy with this deal.

A player who's best years are ahead of him, is well known by the manager, can play the style of football he wants and isn't costing a lot of money.

There's not really a lot you can complain about.