Rob Kiernan

Congratulations to the board for digging deep and backing Warbs to the tune of 200k. I'm not sure we should be blowing so much of our warchest on the one player, no matter how good he is. It's great knowing we beat so many other clubs to his signature.

The kids already seen more clubs than Arnold Palmer and might also be injured. He could be our next Michael Ball or Sebastian Rosenthal.

But, Look out Celtic, here we come. :peanut:

I pity you ya fuckin fool. Not going to rant and give you the attention you crave.the boy wants to play for us.not you lot.

As for him being of the other persuasion, don't give a fuck. Nothing will ever kill me as much as seeing mojo in a Rangers jersey.

I hope RK brings a wee bit of something different to US. , a change in fortunes for the boy with injuries.

Get Wilson. , Allan, Dallas and vuckic by Friday. , and a goalie next week.

Oh and remember bollockchops, celtic have never been considered a benchmark for Rangers, nor will they ever be.

Despite tough years gone by, be assured that Rangers set the standard that none of you lot will ever equal.

Every other shite clubs board of directors and supports obsession with all things Rangers merely validates my point.

You lot could win another 5 European cups, who cares, because scumbags and 3rd class citizens you will remain for eternity.

Now , away and shag yer sister.

No Surrender

Rab

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he never a bad account for himself anyway. Seems a model pro who likes his football. His reasoning for loans was first team football as Martinez saw him as a player who could develop, but he wasn't ready for a survival fight with Wigan. Played well in first season in the championship before stupidly being loaned out last year but when he was he was very comfortable.

He's been praised by just about every manager at Wigan anyway, and I like him too. Always would rather he played than Caldwell at the time, Rosler couldn't see that, and he got his punishment for that!

Fair do's - thanks for that.

(tu)

Even if he'd had a hundred & twelve clubs at his age, I'd still prefer him to Caldwell!

The best thing about this deal is that it's come out of nowhere. We've done this business quickly, effectively and quietly and that's what I like to see.

In this day and age it's bizzare that the first thing any of us knew about it was when Sky reported it this afternoon :lol:

Hopefully we get a few more surprises like that in the coming weeks.

(tu)

Even if he'd had a hundred & twelve clubs at his age, I'd still prefer him to Caldwell!

I'm not reading too much into the number of clubs he's played for because players going out on loads of short term loans at a young age seems to be quite a common thing now.

(tu)

No problem mate, I'm just happy to be linked with players from a club I know well where most won't know so much.

Caldwell was a joke. Put it this way, when Caldwell played beside Kiernan, the fans were relieved when Caldwell managed to successfully play it to him :lol: when Caldwell got the ball you would shudder, and so Kiernan was much more comfortable on the ball in a, let's remember, at one point very entertaining Wigan team.

He will have the 'play from the back' philosophy hammered into him by Martinez and Rosler, it's how Wigan played football, and he was comfortable doing so. Every defender makes mistakes, but Caldwell was never fit for that role, I hope he's a better manager than player but I'm not too hopeful.

I'm not reading too much into the number of clubs he's played for because players going out on loads of short term loans at a young age seems to be quite a common thing now.

Possibly a newer phenomenon - coincidentally, Ian Danter was making a point on Talksport today, about older blokes (that's him & me!) are more likely to look for players showing a bit of 'stayability', whereas younger folk didn't seem to bat an eyelid about players moving on.

I suppose it all depends on how many clubs you are prepared to accept a guy passing through, before he starts to make a mark?

Possibly a newer phenomenon - coincidentally, Ian Danter was making a point on Talksport today, about older blokes (that's him & me!) are more likely to look for players showing a bit of 'stayability', whereas younger folk didn't seem to bat an eyelid about players moving on.

I suppose it all depends on how many clubs you are prepared to accept a guy passing through, before he starts to make a mark?

Harry Kane and Andros Townsend are two examples of players who have played for many teams on loan and are making careers for themselves at the top level now. There's many more than them obviously. :)

I take it as a positivity. If a manager sees something in a player he will want them to develop. To develop they need game time, so they send them on loan.

A player can choose to either collect his wages just sat on his arse or they can go and want to play.

These loan spells may well have helped his progression.

No problem mate, I'm just happy to be linked with players from a club I know well where most won't know so much.

Caldwell was a joke. Put it this way, when Caldwell played beside Kiernan, the fans were relieved when Caldwell managed to successfully play it to him :lol: when Caldwell got the ball you would shudder, and so Kiernan was much more comfortable on the ball in a, let's remember, at one point very entertaining Wigan team.

He will have the 'play from the back' philosophy hammered into him by Martinez and Rosler, it's how Wigan played football, and he was comfortable doing so. Every defender makes mistakes, but Caldwell was never fit for that role, I hope he's a better manager than player but I'm not too hopeful.

Let's hope Wigan's loss can turn into our gain then!

And, for your sake, Caldwell can manage!

I always thought he talked a better game than he played, so you never know!

Harry Kane and Andros Townsend are two examples of players who have played for many teams on loan and are making careers for themselves at the top level now. There's many more than them obviously. :)

I take it as a positivity. If a manager sees something in a player he will want them to develop. To develop they need game time, so they send them on

A player can choose to either collect his wages just sat on his arse or they can go and want to play.

These loan spells may well have helped his progression.

Interesting pair to choose - I had Townsend in mind myself!

Kane seems to have thrived on it (although seems to have lost something since getting capped).

Townsend seems to have his best games for England & has never really held down a slot at Spurs - he'd 35 games this season, but averaged 57 minutes in each - equivalent to 24 matches.

One of the problems we had in the past few years was the fact that most of our signings were well known players, made it easier for our opponents to deal with. A few unknown quantities like Kiernan could be a good thing.

Maybe it was more to do with being shite rather than well known!

The best thing about this deal is that it's come out of nowhere. We've done this business quickly, effectively and quietly and that's what I like to see.

In this day and age it's bizzare that the first thing any of us knew about it was when Sky reported if this afternoon :lol:

Hopefully we get a few more surprises like that in the coming weeks.

True. Hope this is the Club finally moving forward.

I pity you ya fuckin fool. Not going to rant and give you the attention you crave.the boy wants to play for us.not you lot.

As for him being of the other persuasion, don't give a fuck. Nothing will ever kill me as much as seeing mojo in a Rangers jersey.

I hope RK brings a wee bit of something different to US. , a change in fortunes for the boy with injuries.

Get Wilson. , Allan, Dallas and vuckic by Friday. , and a goalie next week.

Oh and remember bollockchops, celtic have never been considered a benchmark for Rangers, nor will they ever be.

Despite tough years gone by, be assured that Rangers set the standard that none of you lot will ever equal.

Every other shite clubs board of directors and supports obsession with all things Rangers merely validates my point.

You lot could win another 5 European cups, who cares, because scumbags and 3rd class citizens you will remain for eternity.

Now , away and shag yer sister.

No Surrender

Rab

Intae them Rab :lol:

TBH, I would have been more surprised if it had been for you.

Never seen a positive post from you regarding Rangers.

To be honest, he probably thinks this is a signing suggestion... and doesn't realise we have officially had a bid accepted for him....

Maybe.

I've never seen him play so I'm either here or there with this .

What I can't understand is all the superlatives to describe it as wonderful ,really good ?

Why

200k for a young player who is unwanted by other clubs .

. Can't say I'm overwhelmed with his first signing .Early days but I though the first would at least have been someone to get excited about .

He seems extremely attacking on Youtube vids.

I actually do recognise his name from his Newcastle days, sure he was pretty highly rated when he played for them.

No idea how good he is in reality but if it helps i got a hat trick of direct corners in fifa using him so his dead ball delivery is superb

I've never seen him play so I'm either here or there with this .

What I can't understand is all the superlatives to describe it as wonderful ,really good ?

Why

200k for a young player who is unwanted by other clubs .

. Can't say I'm overwhelmed with his first signing .Early days but I though the first would at least have been someone to get excited about .

He was far from "unwanted by other clubs"

Where'd you get that pish? He just pulled himself out of the Birmingham transfer FFS.

I see he got a man of the match for Birmingham in a 1-0 win over Brentford a few months back. Must have stuck in MWs mind to get him in.

The talk about being underwhelmed by this signing are off the mark. It's good that we don't know these guys, warbs does and I trust he will make good decisions.