Irvine Today

But you said you do not equate your faith with support of Rangers - which is an acceptable position - but you seem to be oblivious to the fact others feel differently and have expressed that view via this thread.

In short you are intolerant of both the opinions they have expressed or their right to equate their faith with their support of our club.

I use the word "intolerant" because throughout this thread you have consistently questioned its validity in the Bears Den.

You have every right to disagree with them - but youre penchant for insisting the thread be moved elsewhere highlights youre own determination to impose youre own beliefs on this forum.

I am not intolerant at all, but as albear pointed out this is not rangers related and as such shouldn't be in the bears den. That is not about imposing my beliefs.

I will say one thig d'art it is refreshing to have a discussion about this rather than the usual name calling people like to descend in to :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I love marching season as do a large number of our support. It is naive to think that Rangers and the Orange Order are one in the same, however, there is nothing wrong with this thread being in the Bears Den as it is a thing that probably offends only a minority of people who post here.

The thing about this forum is that it is about people's opinions and life would be very boring if everyone had the same opinion.

If you are offended by the Orange Order and what it stands for then just go to another thread that interests you. Theres plenty of them. There's no need to comment at all.

I am not intolerant at all, but as albear pointed out this is not rangers related and as such shouldn't be in the bears den. That is not about imposing my beliefs.

Firstly Albear is a transgender who spends most of his/her Saturday night dressed in a mini skirt, basque and high heels gazing at him/herself in front of a full length mirror, then when he/she gets himself aroused he agonises about whether he/she is in fact gay or narcissistic - suffice to say he/she has issues.

Dont you think that youre assertion that it is "not rangers related" is in itself subjective ? As in much the same way as those who say it is "rangers related" are basing that on their own subjective experience ?

PS Edited for political correctness and so as not to offend Albear.

Personally I love marching season as do a large number of our support. It is naive to think that Rangers and the Orange Order are one in the same, however, there is nothing wrong with this thread being in the Bears Den as it is a thing that probably offends only a minority of people who post here.

The thing about this forum is that it is about people's opinions and life would be very boring if everyone had the same opinion.

If you are offended by the Orange Order and what it stands for then just go to another thread that interests you. Theres plenty of them. There's no need to comment at all.

It certainly doesn't offend me bud, I have been to many walks over the years and I have always enjoyed them.

I love talking to people and debating different opinions on life, politics, religion etc nothing better than sitting with a few bears at the pub debating until the bell rings.

My argument was simply that this isn't rangers related and so shouldn't be in the bears den.

Hey if I am wrong and it is permitted then fine there will be no more said on my end.

It's the forum rules.

Some may equate it to their support of Rangers, but some won't. Is it Rangers related in general?

If I wanted to start a thread asking what shade of Blue to paint the kitchen should I put it in the Bears Den?

Was the soldier who's funeral midweek was attended en masse by scores of Rangers fans anything to do with Rangers?

Well yes, because it was attended by many people wearing our clubs tops etc.

Same with the walk, whether people like it or not it is associated with our club as our badge was proudly on show by many and this thread has the right to be here as done the soldiers funeral thread.

Great show of strength from the Protestant faith. Fantastic parade, great to see the Leeds loyalists.

Bears Den ?

Try telling that to the number of Rangers jerseys on show.

Haha. Cant even be arsed arguing on a sunday.

Firstly Albear is a transgender who spends most of his Saturday night dressed in a mini skirt, basque and high heels gazing at himself in front of a full length mirror, then when he gets himself aroused he agonises about whether he is in fact gay or narcissistic - suffice to say he has issues.

Dont you think that youre assertion that it is "not rangers related" is in itself subjective ? As in much the same way as those who say it is "rangers related" are basing that on their own subjective experience ?

Haha I nearly choked on my tea reading that, in fairness though it explains a lot lol

Hmm good point d'art, subjectivity is always something that can be tricky to get away from as we all have our own bias in that regard.

In reality though the club has no connection to any of it other than the fans beliefs, so although I believe I am technically correct we are the lifeblood of the club so we shape what is rangers related and what is not.

Was the soldier who's funeral midweek was attended en masse by scores of Rangers fans anything to do with Rangers?

Same with the walk, whether people like it or not it is associated with our club as our badge was proudly on show by many and this thread has the right to be here as done the soldiers funeral thread.

The soldiers was a rangers fan so yes it was related to rangers on those grounds alone.

I saw loads of rangers tops on show at benidorm last year maybe I should start a benidorm thread.

Firstly Albear is a transgender who spends most of his/her Saturday night dressed in a mini skirt, basque and high heels gazing at him/herself in front of a full length mirror, then when he/she gets himself aroused he agonises about whether he/she is in fact gay or narcissistic - suffice to say he/she has issues.

PS Edited for political correctness and so as not to offend Albear.

None taken.

tumblr_mlsabp13JZ1qgt6uyo1_250.gif

Haha I nearly choked on my tea reading that, in fairness though it explains a lot lol

Hmm good point d'art, subjectivity is always something that can be tricky to get away from as we all have our own bias in that regard.

In reality though the club has no connection to any of it other than the fans beliefs, so although I believe I am technically correct we are the lifeblood of the club so we shape what is rangers related and what is not.

so you now agree it is rangers related

As I said, they must feel they are at the wrong stadium supporting the wrong team, when TBB and the likes are blasted out almost to a man and woman on a fine day playing against the scum.

I am a church going Protestant and Loyalist and TBH, I would struggle to be in the confines where the vast majority around me are giving it large with something that I in principle have an issue with. I wouldn't be so offended as such, but I just wouldn't feel part of it and my principles wouldn't allow me to be there in the first place, so I just don't get ot where these apologists and appeasers are coming from.

As long as our erses point to the ground, it's in our DNA and part of our proud heritage, whether others like it or not. If they cannot relate to it, nor embrace it for what it is and conflicts with their own personal values, them maybe it's time for them to move on to somewhere they feel their values would not be compromised.

If you don't like the job, them go find other employment, as their won't be any paradigm shift in culture any time soon, if ever

The soldiers was a rangers fan so yes it was related to rangers on those grounds alone.

By that logic (your logic), then this thread rightly remains in the Bears Den, as it has everything to do with Rangers Football Club, seeing as so many Rangers fans attend these parades/walks.

/Thread

so you now agree it is rangers related

Yes, after some civil discussion rather than the usual crap from some folk, I am happy to concede that as the most important part of the club what we believe makes it related.

If someone wears a Rangers top at a BNP or SNP rally does that become Rangers related? Not a good argument really.

Of course Unionism, Loyalism and Protestantism is, and will always be, intrinsically connected to our club through our support. People like my dad encapsulate that view. Someone mentioning it may not be in the right forum isn't something to get too upset over IMO.

By that logic (your logic), then this thread rightly remains in the Bears Den, as it has everything to do with Rangers Football Club, seeing as so many Rangers fans attend these parades/walks.

/Thread

No, as there is a huge difference between the club paying it's respects to a rangers man and a loyal servant of the crown and country and fans going on walks etc.

It is all a moot point however as I have already conceded the argument.

I saw loads of rangers tops on show at benidorm last year maybe I should start a benidorm thread.

You just totally contradicted your own arguement there.

As I said, they must feel they are at the wrong stadium supporting the wrong team, when TBB and the likes are blasted out almost to a man and woman on a fine day playing against the scum.

I am a church going Protestant and Loyalist and TBH, I would struggle to be in the confines where the vast majority around me are giving it large with something that I in principle have an issue with. I wouldn't be so offended as such, but I just wouldn't feel part of it and my principles wouldn't allow me to be there in the first place, so I just don't get ot where these apologists and appeasers are coming from.

As long as our erses point to the ground, it's in our DNA and part of our proud heritage, whether others like it or not. If they cannot relate to it, nor embrace it for what it is and conflicts with their own personal values, them maybe it's time for them to move on to somewhere they feel their values would not be compromised.

If you don't like the job, them go find other employment, as their won't be any paradigm shift in culture any time soon, if ever

That's ridiculous. All Rangers fans must think like you or they aren't proper Rangers fans?

Can a Buddhist not be a Rangers fan?

That's ridiculous. All Rangers fans must think like you or they aren't proper Rangers fans?

Can a Buddhist not be a Rangers fan?

There seems to be this consensus that if you don't conform you don't belong, handwringer, apologist, pape etc

What folk don't seem to understand is there are plenty of people who just want to support the team they love without all the extra baggage.

There seems to be this consensus that if you don't conform you don't belong, handwringer, apologist, pape etc

What folk don't seem to understand is there are plenty of people who just want to support the team they love without all the extra baggage.

They probably complain at the worldwide marketing of the club as well. Well with some fans claiming that Non-PUL need not apply it's hardly surprising there aren't more Rangers tops kicking about around the globe.

It's the forum rules.

Some may equate it to their support of Rangers, but some won't. Is it Rangers related in general?

If I wanted to start a thread asking what shade of Blue to paint the kitchen should I put it in the Bears Den?

Why would you even consider another colour than blue, you going all green on us? :P