Season Ticket Prices

Should fans who have had their season ticket renewed each year when we were down be rewarded with a cut price season ticket in the premiership? Am not asking for a lot, a know it's a money maker for our club and I also know we'll need the cash but I think our fans should be rewarded for one season at least for showing our loyalty when our club needed us most. I know many fans will return when we make it back and that's up to them but they should pay full season ticket price when they do.

Just my opinion, what do you all think?

No. Nice to have but we need the cash.

I was one of those with an ST

Season ticket money shouldnt be the main source of income. I'd like to see us go down the route of german clubs. Where season ticket money is irrelevant, and money is brought into the club through other revenue streams.

Depends, I've renewed this year, and 402 quid, plus the fiver ''web charge'' is far too much.

I wouldn't mind if we had a team like Bayern on the park, but we've been poor for so long I forget what value for money is.

just checked St Mirren ST prices out of interest, and they are 290 quid, 330 if you want a ''padded seat'' whatever the fuck that is? just pay the 290 and take a cushion with you?

Ticket prices here are mental. Worth it if Warburton can get us playing attractive footy, but to be paying this much for Scottish Championship games is annoying as hell.

Should fans who have had their season ticket renewed each year when we were down be rewarded with a cut price season ticket in the premiership? Am not asking for a lot, a know it's a money maker for our club and I also know we'll need the cash but I think our fans should be rewarded for one season at least for showing our loyalty when our club needed us most. I know many fans will return when we make it back and that's up to them but they should pay full season ticket price when they do.

Why would you want to deny the club of much needed income?

Season ticket money shouldnt be the main source of income. I'd like to see us go down the route of german clubs. Where season ticket money is irrelevant, and money is brought into the club through other revenue streams.

:lol:

They also have a £445m per year TV deal.

I don't think the OP is trying to starve the club from money

The club should give back to the fans by hopefully supporting MW and he gets the team winning and playing nice football

I agree British football ticket prices are shocking

German clubs have football sorted

That's exactly what they're doing. Thousands of people will have renewed for every season in the lower leagues so this would be a mass discount. I'd be interested to know just how big a discout the OP wants each person to have.

:lol:

They also have a £445m per year TV deal.

Im aware of that, and im not saying we are ever going to compete at the top of the european pyramid. But we have a massive advantage over most clubs in europe (with the exception of the big boys). If we have a good team on the pitch, we get 45000 fans through the door every fortnight. Of that, about 25000 - 30000 will be having a beer. I dont think weve ever totally utilised that. If you ever go to a game in Germany, your there a good chunk of the day. Thousands of fans drinking and eating. Id rather see us spending money in bars run by the club than in pubs around kinning park.

That's exactly what they're doing. Thousands of people will have renewed for every season in the lower leagues so this would be a mass discount. I'd be interested to know just how big a discout the OP wants each person to have.

as a said, I'm not trying to starve us of money. I've payed like everyone has for years. As for discounted prices the last few seasons, are you for real? We were playing division 3 football, what prices did you expect? I would and will happily pay full price when we return to the premiership (would have paid it in division 3).

I would and will happily pay full price when we return to the premiership (would have paid it in division 3).

What's the point of this thread then? Sounds like you want a pat on the back rather than a discount. Maybe the club could give you a little badge that says 'uber fan' on it and that'll make you happy.

What's the point of this thread then? Sounds like you want a pat on the back rather than a discount. Maybe the club could give you a little badge that says 'uber fan' on it and that'll make you happy.

to get people's opinion. If you dont agree you don't agree and that's fair enough. A dont need a badge to be told how big a fan I am. I've shown my love for my club over the years and don't need to prove it to anyone.

The club should give back to the fans by hopefully supporting MW and he gets the team winning and playing nice football

I agree British football ticket prices are shocking

German clubs have football sorted

Dutch individual games are expensive, ST's are quite cheap, so that's a good idea. I think we should try something similar here, and that's from me who only buys the occasional ticket for the occasional game.

No, we need every penny. True Rangers fans aren't looking to be rewarded for following our team, leave to to the likes of Chris Graham

so you're saying am not a true Rangers fan?

I guess what I'm saying is that as a Rangers fan you would need to be pretty thick to not realise we are miles behind the filth and need every penny to topple them. Maybe saving £80 is more important to you, only you can answer that

personally i wouldn't take such an offer. i'd rather give the club the extra money than try make a saving out of a club i love and know that needs the money to get us back on track. just wouldn't feel right.

Im aware of that, and im not saying we are ever going to compete at the top of the european pyramid. But we have a massive advantage over most clubs in europe (with the exception of the big boys). If we have a good team on the pitch, we get 45000 fans through the door every fortnight. Of that, about 25000 - 30000 will be having a beer. I dont think weve ever totally utilised that. If you ever go to a game in Germany, your there a good chunk of the day. Thousands of fans drinking and eating. Id rather see us spending money in bars run by the club than in pubs around kinning park.

The bars and catering are run by catering companies (eg Azure).

The club gets a share, but it's nowhere near as profitable as match tickets are.