Strike Action : In Roc Noise Article

Article from ibrox noise.

While some of what he says is true I have always found this guy too negative..

Rob Kiernan. Danny Wilson. Scott Allan. Stuart Dallas. Reece Wabara. Andy Halliday. Wes Foderingham.

A combination of captured signatures, and just a few of the names linked with joining them. But among that glut of speculated (and confirmed) personnel, the one type of player conspicuous by its absence is that of striker.

The only notable goal-getter Rangers have been linked to this window has been Stevie May and he is currently at Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship so any move for him has been speculated as a loan. And unlikely a solid English Championship switched for the Scottish incarnation? Remote.

Beyond him, there are not a lot of scorers linked with Ibrox, even less with concrete interest, and that is a problem.

Right now, Rangers are furnished up front with Kenny Miller, Dean Shiels and Nicky Clark.

Messi, Suarez and Neymar it is not.

Add Callum Gallagher to the mix and it is a position Rangers are quite desperately in need of fresh blood for, with Miller certainly not the player he once was, Clark already having peaked at his previous club it seems and Shiels being patchier than a pair of 80s jeans.

There is not one player in that clutch that fans can feel excited about, and none who score freely.

What does Mark Warburton do about this? Behind the scenes the new boss is feverishly trying to get deals done, but there is only so much he can do the Scottish Championship is a hard sell as he puts it; it is extremely tough to persuade decent strikers from the English Championship or even League One to give up that standard for their Scottish equivalent, with only money being plausible motivation.

Unfortunately it is even tougher to persuade Scottish Championship rivals like Queen of the South and Hibs to sell their best strikers to Rangers these teams want promotion as much as Rangers do, and getting a Jason Cummings or even a Derek Lyle is not as easy as it once was Rangers cannot just flash big cash and get their man now.

As I said in my last entry, Warburton is not a miracle worker and will struggle to get the quality Rangers need. Fans will need to cut him a lot of slack, and chances are the striking pool come the 25th will be much the same as it was during the playoffs.

Says we've not been linked with a striker, then names a striker we've been linked with.

I'm sure Warburton will bring at least 1 striker in, last Season there was a huge push for Gallagher and Hardie to get actual game time. If Warburton thinks they're good enough then good on him.

Kiernan, Foderingham, Wabara and arguably Halliday as well all happened pretty much under the radar and we only really found out about them when they had showed up for talks/trials or in Kiernan's case, when a bid was accepted by his club.

I don't doubt for a second that we'll be working on bringing in a striker as well.

Not really a surprise, striker being the hardest position to fill, goal scorers aren't cheap or likely to be getting released from their clubs, I wouldn't be surprised if its a position that will be filled by a loan signing and we'll have to wait to see who's available once teams have settled their squads for next season, hopefully Warburton's links in north London with pay dividends.

Article is so negative it reads like it was written by a tim.

Gallagher and Hardie if they impress MW will get a lot more game time next season and personally I would give Hardie an extended run as striker from the start of the season.

Yeah, I mean I think Wes is a cracking signing, but of course there's no mention of that, just - oh but look they've no done that.

Not much wrong with that.

Some folk being too optimistic or indeed thinking MW is a miracle worker.

Any realistic talk of things still being some way short seems to be treated like an unwarranted criticism by some.

We are on the right path but time will tell how far down it we are.

Not much wrong with that.

Some folk being too optimistic or indeed thinking MW is a miracle worker.

Any realistic talk of things still being some way short seems to be treated like an unwarranted criticism by some.

We are on the right path but time will tell how far down it we are.

For fucks sake the guys only been here a couple of weeks.

For fucks sake the guys only been here a couple of weeks.

Should have been brought in sooner to give him more time.

So far we've spent £200k, is he being backed financially?

Just because I'm of the view we're behind where we have to be doesn't equate to me criticising the guy or his footballing beliefs. I think he's exactly what we need.

I'm just concerned we're a fair bit away from being ready for the season kick off. We drop points at our peril as last year proved.

Article is so negative it reads like it was written by a tim.

Gallagher and Hardie if they impress MW will get a lot more game time next season and personally I would give Hardie an extended run as striker from the start of the season.

Do you have a login on the Scotsman, mate?

I think I recognise the username from when I am reading the comments for a laugh.

It does sound like it was written by one of them. With regards to the current signings I'm happy. The amount of points dropped losing sloppy goals was unreal, we could have had an extra 15-20 points in games we were in front but lost sloppy goals. Zeefuik springs to mind. Every decent manager builds from the back as mentioned before.

200k does worry me a little bit I think the board may be waiting on season ticket figures before committing some cash. I do think that we will see a striker or 2 before the wee tims game. For only spending 200k and getting what he's got W&W deserves some kudos, how much did we pay for temps?

If he spend a few mil he would have a whole knew team!

It does sound like it was written by one of them. With regards to the current signings I'm happy. The amount of points dropped losing sloppy goals was unreal, we could have had an extra 15-20 points in games we were in front but lost sloppy goals. Zeefuik springs to mind. Every decent manager builds from the back as mentioned before.

200k does worry me a little bit I think the board may be waiting on season ticket figures before committing some cash. I do think that we will see a striker or 2 before the wee tims game. For only spending 200k and getting what he's got W&W deserves some kudos, how much did we pay for temps?

If he spend a few mil he would have a whole knew team!

A BJK team?

@ sportingintegritymyarse

Only £200,000 spent, last season we had to get loans of £8m to get through the seasonwith 24,000 season ticket holders. Even with 30,000 and no paid for signings King and co will have to find £6m to get through the season going on last years figures. One I don't think we need big money signings to win this league, Hearts pished it last year with none, and two I'd rather they spend any big money next year for the SPL.

Kiernan, Foderingham, Wabara and arguably Halliday as well all happened pretty much under the radar and we only really found out about them when they had showed up for talks/trials or in Kiernan's case, when a bid was accepted by his club.

I don't doubt for a second that we'll be working on bringing in a striker as well.

Had anyone ever heard of these players before?

We are putting a massive amount of faith in Warburton and I think we should temper our expectations for this season.

I really hope he knows what he is doing.

Oh and can somebody change the title of this thread ffs. :D

@ sportingintegritymyarse

Only £200,000 spent, last season we had to get loans of £8m to get through the seasonwith 24,000 season ticket holders. Even with 30,000 and no paid for signings King and co will have to find £6m to get through the season going on last years figures. One I don't think we need big money signings to win this league, Hearts pished it last year with none, and two I'd rather they spend any big money next year for the SPL.

Hivees have a settled and improved squad from last season where they finished above us. Are you just writing them off?

Your second point becomes redundant if we dont go up this season. I dont think we would with the current squad.

MW talks repeatedly of value. This implies spending money. On the whole we've not done that YET.

How DK et al finance all this isn't going to be easy but they made pledges and need to deliver.

Had anyone ever heard of these players before?

We are putting a massive amount of faith in Warburton and I think we should temper our expectations for this season.

I really hope he knows what he is doing.

Oh and can somebody change the title of this thread ffs. :D

Only one I hadn't heard of was Kiernan. Foderingham in particular I think will prove to be a great signing.