*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

176 seems like a smashing number of donations. Well played, GB.

Plus we have 16 members on the Pledged List who will all be signing up within the next few weeks, plus 8 donations from the Wives Club.

And no doubt when I get the figures from Admin, we will have several members on the list who didn't PM me to let me know they've donated, so I don't yet know they exist, but hopefully they do. (tu)

So all in all, we should get over the 200 mark!

My real target was 136, so yes, I'm delighted. :D

I'm also very excited to see how much we've raised via the PayPal donations. We'll need to wait for that while bluepeter tries to identify all the donations which didn't have an RM username added. Which is most of them apparently! :thumbup:

I was also in the West Enclosure today, and can confirm that the Erskine Loyal were at full strength (18) and had a great time, as did we all. :21:

There were Residents and Staff from all 4 Homes (Bishopton, Park, Mains, Glasgow) at Ibrox today, and all 4 Homes will be at the St Mirren Game too.

We'll also have 3 wheelchair users in Hospitality for that game too. (tu)

We also had 8 Guys from Combat Stress at the Game, and 2 Old Soldiers, and we'll hopefully have a couple of Combat Stress Residents at the St Mirren Game too.

Brilliant mate.

I am about to send you a PM.

Oh by the way,

time to focus on the Youth Development for a wee bit.

It's week 52 in the Rangers Lotto Calendar, so next week is week 1 for the new year, so if we want to continue our support, we need to pay again.

I propose that the Sponsors' Fund buys 6 Rangers Lotto Subscriptions at £1 per line, and pay them up front for the whole year (52 weeks) like we did last year. That will cost £312

Then we can put our feet up and just wait for the wins to roll in. Any prizes won by any of those lotto tickets will go back into the Fund. Any commission earned by the Agent (me) will go back into the Fund.

And Friday also sees the return of the Rising Stars Half Time Draw.

I propose that we buy 10 tickets for each of the 18 Home League Games, which will be £360. Hopefully we can pay that up front too, and let RDF just send us 10 tickets each time, which will make life very simple. (tu)

I propose that the Sponsors' Fund buys 6 Rangers Lotto Subscriptions at £1 per line, and pay them up front for the whole year (52 weeks) like we did last year. That will cost £312

OK, Make that 7 Lotto Lines. :21:

Loyal Fund Member SW3 wants to do his bit for Warburton's Youth Revolution, so he's going to have a line with us too. :21:

He's just sent us £52 and so we'll sign him up to the Rangers Lotto for a whole year. :thumbup:

And if he wins the jackpot, or any other prize, he can keep the whole lot to himself, minus a wee bung to the Fund I suppose. :D

If anyone else fancies a years' worth of £1 lotto entries for the bargain price of just £52 - just give me a shout, and I'll sign you up.

If a year's too much for you, just pick any number of weeks you want to play for. (£1 a week)

Or alternatively, you could sign up for a £1 a week Direct Debit with RDF here...

http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk/?page_id=43

You wouldn't even notice it.

It didn't take much thinking to realise that there's only one option for the DVD Boxed Set.

We could probably sell it for £50 in the auction, which is a decent enough sum.

But we would get much more value for them if they were in a Sporting Memories Room in an Erskine Home, to be enjoyed by many Bears for many years to come. :21:

rangers-legends-vol-2-dvd-cover-art.jpg

• There's Only One Amoruso
  • John Greig Legend
  • Paul Gascoigne - The Rangers Years
  • Super Cooper - Davie Cooper Story
  • Albertz The Hammer
  • Ian Ferguson - The Last True Blue?

It's a shame we haven't got Volume 1 to go with it, but I'll keep an eye out for it on ebay or something. (tu)

And thanks to Mrs Bluepeter9 for the Blue Movies. (tu)

This 6 DVD Boxed Set:

rangers-legends-vol-2-dvd-cover-art.jpg

• There's Only One Amoruso
  • John Greig Legend
  • Paul Gascoigne - The Rangers Years
  • Super Cooper - Davie Cooper Story
  • Albertz The Hammer
  • Ian Ferguson - The Last True Blue?

Which I'm sure we'll find a good home for. (tu)

I went on ebay last night and found Volume 1...

$_12.JPG

• The Goalie
  • Michael Mols
  • The Jim Baxter story
  • Derek Johnstone
  • Ian Durrant
  • Brian Laudrup

In mint condition.

I got it for £20 plus postage (£3.30), which I think is a fair price. (tu)

It will be posted directly to Erskine. (tu)

Today the Sponsors' Fund purchased 6 Rangers Lotto Weekly Lines (£1 each) and prepaid them for the coming year.

That's 6 x £52 = £312

Loyal Fund Member SW3 also joined us in the Lotto, and has also purchased a Line for a year (£52)

We also prepaid for 180 Rising Stars Raffle tickets - that's 10 per game for the next 18 League games (£360)

So in total that's £724 to the Rangers Youth Development Fund.

£52 from SW3

£80 from our Rangers Lotto Commission Balance

£592 from The Sponsors' Fund

:21:

%C2%A38000-Rollover-Webfront.jpg

RStars-Pg-Banner-Ne-wLogo.jpg

177 donated

17 Pledged

8 Wives

bluepeter is currently trying to identify all the payments, and will send me the final figures as soon as he can. (tu)

Thanks for the info. That now takes us over 200 and, like the previous post, this is really just a bump as we were way down the page.

Thanks for the info. That now takes us over 200 and, like the previous post, this is really just a bump as we were way down the page.

shhh! don't give away all our secrets! :pipe:

I'd say we've still not reached 200. :( - It will take about a month to collect in the donations from everyone on the Pledged List, so they shouldn't really be counted yet. One or two of them may end up banned before they can donate!. :D

And do we really want to give the Wives Club the Balance of Power? We'll never hear the end of it! :P

I'd say we've still not reached 200. :( - It will take about a month to collect in the donations from everyone on the Pledged List, so they shouldn't really be counted yet. One or two of them may end up banned before they can donate!. :D

And do we really want to give the Wives Club the Balance of Power? We'll never hear the end of it! :P

Wife's have paid their cash - so while not RM members are fund 'hounary' members so should be counted ( IMHO)

Alright. Ignore the pledges. If we can get 4 a day, inclusive, that takes us over 200 by the time we thump St Mirren. Can we do it? Yes we can!

While we're waiting for the PayPal donation figures, I've brought the accounts up to date with all recent cash donations and all recent purchases...

Accounts updated: 04/08/15

(The figures below do not include ANY PayPal payments received this season - those figures will be added in a few days, which will give the balance a nice little boost. (tu)

Balances 04 Aug 15

Total Funds raised to date: £25,335.96

Total Funds raised this season: £739

Current balances:

Erskine Fund: £278.69

Sponsors' Fund: £232.70

Total Current Balance: £511.39

Erskine Fund:

Recent Erskine Fund Income:

• £52 – Membership Fees

Total Erskine Fund income for period: £52

Recent Erskine Fund Spending:

• £23.30 – Rangers Legends Volume 1 - 6 DVD Boxed Set

Total Erskine Fund spending for period: £23.30

Sponsors’ Fund:

Recent Sponsors' Fund Income:

• £52 – Rangers Lotto Annual Subscription for Fund Member SW3
  • £50 – Ibrox Millenium Print, Medallions, Donations
  • £80 – Rangers Lotto Agency Commission

Total Sponsors' Fund income for period: £182

Recent Sponsors' Fund Spending:

• £360 – 180 Rising Stars Tickets for the Season (10 per League game)
  • £312 – 6 Annual Subscriptions for Rangers Lotto
  • £52 – 1 Annual Subscription for Rangers Lotto (for a Fund member

Total Sponsors' Fund Spending for period: £724

What we did in August:

• Bought 180 Rising Stars tickets for the season
  • Bought 6 Rangers Lotto Annual Subscriptions
  • Bought 1 Rangers Lotto Annual Subscription for a Fund Member
  • Bought ‘Rangers Legends Volume 1’ (6 DVD Boxed Set) for Erskine Sporting Memories

What we did in July:

• Provided 12 tickets for Rangers v St Mirren
  • Provided 28 tickets for Rangers v Peterhead
  • Provided 17 tickets for Rangers v Burnley
  • Provided 6 Hospitality Seats for Rangers v St Mirren

What we did in June:

• Delivered 84 Whisky Miniatures (for D-Day Ration Packs) and 16 bottles of spirits (much of it lovely posh stuff!) - approx retail cost: £750
  • Provided 74 Match Tickets for Erskine & Combat Stress for all 3 Home Play-off games – approx cost £370
  • Provided 12 RDF Fundraising Night Tickets - £180
  • Beer Money and Raffle ticket money for the Veterans at the Fundraising Night - £240
  • Raffle Tickets for RDF Fundraising Night (Sponsors’ Fund) - £100
  • Argyle Suite Matchday Hospitality for Dinger & Friends (8 people) – List price £850, but thanks to 2 massive donations from Specialized Security and Dunny_01, we paid only £400.
  • Argyle Suite Beer money - £80
  • Kilted Skirlie Restaurant (Loch Lomond) – Lunch and drinks for 12 people - £173
  • Loch Katrine Boat Trip (Steamship Sir Walter Scott) for 12 people - £96 – Thanks to Sir Walter (Scott, not Smith) for a very generous 50% Discount on the ticket price.
  • 100 RDF Summer Raffle Tickets - £100
  • Renewed 2 Season Tickets - £612
  • Blagged 2 additional Free Season tickets! :21: