*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

Rangers v Alloa:

It's a League game, so Erskine will have their usual 8 S/T Seats (2 from RM, 2 from Rangers, 4 from RST)

This is also the Remembrance Day game, so as always, Rangers have invited some Erskine Veterans along, so that's a couple of wheelchair users taken care of.

But there are still more wheelchair users than wheelchair spaces, so the Fund has booked 4 Disabled Hospitality Seats (2 wheelchair users, 2 carers. Cost £259.20)

Erskine Wishing Wall:

Cheque for £72 sent to Erskine to pay for the Bo'Ness Steam Railway trip

The next wish we'll be supporting, on the 12th November is not too challenging - Fish and Chips by the Sea at Saltcoats. (tu)

Apparently their favourite Chip Shop gives them a special price, so £50 should cover it. (tu)

Erskine Sporting Memories Room:

The TV we bought is now mounted and fully operational, but they've been having wi-fi problems - specifically, they keep losing their wifi dongle. doh

So to resolve that issue, and ensure they can make full use of their new Smart TV (and Rangers TV) we've offered to pay for the installation of a dedicated internet wall socket in the room. That should be about £100.

I've also heard on the Grapevine that the RSEA have also got quite a nice wee present for their new room which they'll be giving them soon.

I'm not going to ruin the surprise for you, but I've seen it, and you'll love it. :thumbup:

Erskine_Mains002jw.JPG

I've got some bad news - one of our Homes is no longer with us. :(

Last month Erskine made the decision to close one of its smaller homes - Erskine Mains Home.

That's it now closed, and the Residents and Staff have been moved to the main home (Bishopton)

Here's the official announcement, including the reasons...

https://www.erskine.org.uk/news/erskine-make-announcement-about-erskine-mains-care-home

There were a couple of real Bluenose Residents in Erskine Mains. I'll be having a quiet word with Bishopton, to make sure they continue to receive the same level of Fund-Care that they've become accustomed to. :21:

We will also make arrangements to transfer the Rangers TV and Match Programme Subscriptions over to another Home. The spare match programme will go to John, an Erskine Park Resident who never misses a game (even last season!)

This leaves us now with 3 Homes to look after (Bishopton, Park and Glasgow).

The Erskine Home in Bishopton (The main home) has now taken in the 26 residents from Erskine Mains, and so now has a population of about 180 Residents. It's a massive Home.

Next door to Bishopton, Erskine Park has less than 40 Residents. Generally the Residents in Erskine Park have more severe levels of Dementia, and so require additional dedicated care which would be difficult to provide in the larger home.

Erskine Glasgow is also smaller than the main home, with less than 40 Residents.

There's also Erskine Edinburgh, but since they don't support Rangers, we don't bother with them much :P - except to give them a cheque towards their Christmas Dinner, cause we're nice like that. :D

I'm still waiting to hear back from Combat Stress with a final number for the St Mirren game.

But I've got the final numbers from Erskine:

Erskine Park - 4 Smartcard seats (activated)

Erskine Cottages - 4 paper tickets

Erskine Bishopton - 4 RST Smartcards (to be activated by us)

Erskine Bishopton - 4 paper tickets

Erskine Glasgow - 4 paper tickets

Hospitality:

Erskine Bishopton - 2 Wheelchair Users and 2 Carers

Erskine Glasgow - 1 Wheelchair User and 1 Carer

Erskine Total: 26

Approx cost: £560

Plus probably another £100 or so for Combat Stress.

Let's hope we get some more November Fundraiser Donations, or we'll probably have to tighten our belt significantly after the St Mirren game. :(

So the last few Wishing Tree Wishes have been for Erskine Park and Erskine Mains, so we thought we'd ask Bishopton if they had any wishes.

Apparently, they wish it wasn't so cold, wet and windy in the West Enclosure. :pipe:

Well, not much we can do about that, except maybe this...

71NqAznXyPL._UL1500_.jpg

£25 each from Amazon Prime, free postage.

Sound good? - or would you rather see our Veterans cold, wet and miserable all winter? :P

So the last few Wishing Tree Wishes have been for Erskine Park and Erskine Mains, so we thought we'd ask Bishopton if they had any wishes.

Apparently, they wish it wasn't so cold, wet and windy in the West Enclosure. :pipe:

Well, not much we can do about that, except maybe this...

71NqAznXyPL._UL1500_.jpg

£25 each from Amazon Prime, free postage.

Sound good? - or would you rather see our Veterans cold, wet and miserable all winter? :P

Quite like that myself!

FFS. Page 2! Time for a bump. Don't want this thread to go mouldy.

Morning coffee bump. Still following the other thread but want to keep this going Surprised no-one got my "mouldy" reference - perhaps I should have put "Molde".

Sorry, I missed it - I've had you on ignore for months now. :P