Congratulations To The Board

If a spark says it, it's true.

Retro work always leaves things as a fucking mess, because no one wants to pay to rip out the redundant stuff and leave the place neat and tidy.

Bit Dave King previously said it would cost £10 million, are you saying hes a liar?

he initiative, instigated by Rangers supporter Allan Woods, comes a week after Gers powerbroker Dave King said the venues are likely to require millions of pounds in repairs.

Previous estimates have speculated that the cost of general repairs could total £10million.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe you, but having read what I wrote it does look like I don't!

I am an electrical engineer, with over 20 years experience in construction. I know what places are like when proper money isn't spent. You leave a pile of shite behind you that eventually ends up getting condemned, or worsx, some poor bastard gets hurt working with it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding mate. (tu)

Pretty much what my mate said, jobs done with as little money spent as possible.

He worked on a couple of jobs that had been condemned.

Bit Dave King previously said it would cost £10 million, are you saying hes a liar?

he initiative, instigated by Rangers supporter Allan Woods, comes a week after Gers powerbroker Dave King said the venues are likely to require millions of pounds in repairs.

Previous estimates have speculated that the cost of general repairs could total £10million.

Dave said a lot of things to gain power.

Transparency

Ridding ourselves of SD / onerous contracts

Millions of quid investment and for players

Millions of quid for stadium / Auchenhowie repairs

Take your pick

That was then, this is now.

i like sound of the new manager so far but unlike many I'm not getting carried away with what he is going to achieve. Yes I'm excited at what lies ahead but my gut feeling that's more to do with the fact that McCoist and his appalling style of football is gone. Time will tell if the new manager will be good for us, lest not all get carried away before we see how he does. As for congratulating the board? my how have our ambitions fallen! After all the promises over the last couple of years I would expect to see us sign some quality youngsters in the £1 - £2 million bracket. To be fair to the board they still have 6 weeks to deliver. Lets not congratulate this or any board for winning us the championship, they will only be congratulated by me when they stop 10 in a row. We are Rangers FFS!

I for one think that the appointment of MW is a step in the right direction whoever is responsible for finding him and bringing him to the club.Im not getting carried away and neither is MW as there is still a lot of work to be done so lets not be kidded but for once in a long while we have a manager who has some kind of forward plan.As far as spending millions on any player/s that's just going to take us back down the same road which got us in this mess to begin with.Perhaps MW and DW have a long term view on things and just maybe they see some potential in players at the club already.Potential which has been neglected for years by previous management who seemed to think they could spend their way out of trouble.Auchenhowie was originally set up as a training ground and "youth academy" so perhaps MW is for once going to try at least and use it as it was intended.

No, I am not saying he is a liar. Read my other posts. Seems that everyone read my post as being one slagging sparks off when in fact it was the exact opposite.

However, if the repairs are needed, and I do not doubt that this is the case, then the board needs to put in place the plans, the costings and timetable to do the work. If we know it needs done and have stated it needs done then I'd like to think we finally have a board who will do it.

We've not had a proper budget for Ibrox since the bank walked in the door back in Sir Minty's day, it's been patch up enough to get by.

That would be absolutely criminal if it has been allowed to happen.

The reality is that we shouldn't be spending millions to get out the championship, with any luck we will have a young hungry team by spending very little.

When the time comes and we need to sign a better quality of player lets hope we do it within a reasonable budget.

See if you go "why are you turning this into a negative thread/post" it just makes it look like youve lost your argument already.

Im happy with the new manager, but unlike some im not living in some fantasy land when it comes to the board, apart from bring in a manager they dont seem to have done much at all. That said im not one who really cares a whole lot about the board, im glad we're talking about football again, but the board have a long long way to go before anyone can say theyve fulfilled their duty to the Club.

The reality is that we shouldn't be spending millions to get out the championship, with any luck we will have a young hungry team by spending very little.

When the time comes and we need to sign a better quality of player lets hope we do it within a reasonable budget.

There a saying in football that spending money dosent guarantee success but not spending money guarantees failure

Yes he did, don't kid yourself on. Is he waiting til Ibrox fails its mot before starting repairs that are badly needed also?

He has told us fuck all as well has Mr Transparency.

That was promised also.

Ach geeze peace form the kidding yourself on pish. I could quite easily say the same to you. What evidence is there that Ibrox is nearly failing it's MOT? All I've ever seen is shitey rumors from mhanks. Same again. If Ibrox hasn't been touched in due course, then you can be angry. For all we know it needs some time for work to be done, which would mean next pre-season.

This pish about expecting a running commentary of what the Board is doing is ridiculous. He said he was going to be transparent, not provide a live feed to the Boardroom.

I'm sure there's a quote somewhere that DK said it would cost £10m Al, but unless my comprehension of basic English has escaped me, that's not it.

Can you find it anywhere? (tu)

There a saying in football that spending money dosent guarantee success but not spending money guarantees failure

Theres also a saying in life that spending more than you bring in is going to put you in the shit. We shouldn't need to spend millions to beat any team in Scotland considering 99% of the teams have been put together for ten bob.Its is this spend,spend spend mentality which put the club on the brink in the first place.Far to many fans who want instant success at all costs.Those days are gone and we as a support are going to have to realise this and be patient with a management and playing team who have the correct work ethos instead of the lazy mans approach and keep buying success at all costs eventually putting us back in the shit yet again.

Theres also a saying in life that spending more than you bring in is going to put you in the shit. We shouldn't need to spend millions to beat any team in Scotland considering 99% of the teams have been put together for ten bob.Its is this spend,spend spend mentality which put the club on the brink in the first place.Far to many fans who want instant success at all costs.Those days are gone and we as a support are going to have to realise this and be patient with a management and playing team who have the correct work ethos instead of the lazy mans approach and keep buying success at all costs eventually putting us back in the shit yet again.

yes that's correct you dont have to spend millions to beat any team, as I said the squad that has been assembled so far with good management should take us out the championship easily. However we are Rangers, not a championship team. Our goal is and should be that we compete closely for the SPL title next season when the filth will be looking to win 6 in a row. If we want to compete in our first season in the SFPL with the only club that matters then we have no choice but to splash the cash, you wont do it with the level of signings so far. To give the current board there place their is still 6 weeks to produce the goods, time will tell. The support wont be patient and will only be kept onside with signings to compete a t the top, nothing less will do. As I said, spending cash does not guarantee success but not spending cash will guarantee failure at the top level.

Im happy with the new manager, but unlike some im not living in some fantasy land when it comes to the board, apart from bring in a manager they dont seem to have done much at all. That said im not one who really cares a whole lot about the board, im glad we're talking about football again, but the board have a long long way to go before anyone can say theyve fulfilled their duty to the Club.

Sadly have to agree with this 100%. MW and DW coming in seem to be the only real positive so far. We will know tonight how much of a positive it is but going by the comments coming out of the club the changes in training and attitude seem to be night and day compared to last season.

Not going to be negative towards the board but am not going to be giving them a round of applause either........... not yet anyway. :)

yes that's correct you dont have to spend millions to beat any team, as I said the squad that has been assembled so far with good management should take us out the championship easily. However we are Rangers, not a championship team. Our goal is and should be that we compete closely for the SPL title next season when the filth will be looking to win 6 in a row. If we want to compete in our first season in the SFPL with the only club that matters then we have no choice but to splash the cash, you wont do it with the level of signings so far. To give the current board there place their is still 6 weeks to produce the goods, time will tell. The support wont be patient and will only be kept onside with signings to compete a t the top, nothing less will do. As I said, spending cash does not guarantee success but not spending cash will guarantee failure at the top level.

As I said we don't need to spend millions especially millions we don't have to beat "any team " in Scotland and that includes that mob from the other side of the city.After all they have been beaten last season by Inverness,Hamilton,Dundee Utd and unless ive missed something none of them spent millions in doing so.Yes we may have to bring in one or two more players when we get back to the SPL but let the manager manage and if he feels it is required then we will see what happens then.

As I said we don't need to spend millions especially millions we don't have to beat "any team " in Scotland and that includes that mob from the other side of the city.After all they have been beaten last season by Inverness,Hamilton,Dundee Utd and unless ive missed something none of them spent millions in doing so.Yes we may have to bring in one or two more players when we get back to the SPL but let the manager manage and if he feels it is required then we will see what happens then.

Are you happy to beat them or win the league? Yes other clubs beat them but they never won the league. To compete with them we are going to have to splash out £10-15 Mil;lion and pay players wages that they will command. Yes we dont need these players to wim a championship but long term planning means we should be signing players now to take us to the next level.

Ach geeze peace form the kidding yourself on pish. I could quite easily say the same to you. What evidence is there that Ibrox is nearly failing it's MOT? All I've ever seen is shitey rumors from mhanks. Same again. If Ibrox hasn't been touched in due course, then you can be angry. For all we know it needs some time for work to be done, which would mean next pre-season. This pish about expecting a running commentary of what the Board is doing is ridiculous. He said he was going to be transparent, not provide a live feed to the Boardroom.

Do you think apart from using our season ticket money the board have done enough with the finances and the infrastructure?

I don't but I respect your opinion, which I hope is right.

Bye the way it was Dave King that made the comments on the stadium so I am not listening to rumours from anyone else.

And how exactly have you seen this transparency occurring.

Prey tell cause I have heard fuck all