Douglas Park

craigrfcc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts? What's the point. Too many prefer to jump to conclusions in regards to our own.

Plenty know and understand Mr Parks situation and respect it, but some would rather speculate and insinuate. Even if they don't know the reasons as to why he had decided to step down he's a Rangers fan.

Surely that gives him some sort of benefit of doubt?

I'm someone who likes to make his mind up based on facts - so let's have some.

I'm sure that for every one of the 'plenty' who know the situation, there are dozens that don't & many of those might be sympathetic if they knew what was behind it.

Painting it as 'there's no point in explaining it, they've made their minds up already' isn't helping anyone.

Not my intention.

Certain things should i believe remain private.

Sorry, meant Ben, not you, but you did sound as if you may know something!

Privacy bit is a bit awkward - I do get where you're coming from, but these guys put themselves in the public eye - it just isn't that easy to withdraw from it.

What business is it of anyone's on this forum or any other media outlet why this man has stepped down.His son by the looks of things is going to be looking after his investment so can't we just let the man resign and get on with his life rather than looking into things which have nothing to do with most of us.

Sorry, meant Ben, not you, but you did sound as if you may know something!

Privacy bit is a bit awkward - I do get where you're coming from, but these guys put themselves in the public eye - it just isn't that easy to withdraw from it.

I've already PM'd you.

Douglas Park has been involved with our club for many years and has likely invested more money over the years than we would have expected. I was happy to see he became more involved recently as I believe he would only have had best intentions for our club (there is no doubt he is a real Rangers man and is well aware of our traditions and the standards we set), I hope that this continues with his son replacing him on the board.

I do not know his personal circumstances or reasons for resigning however I thank him for his support over the years and wish him all the best for the challenges he may have ahead.

Thought the u20's were going to be using Hamilton Accies ground when I opened this up.

Would hate to think Rangers would be anywhere near this club .This is another club that have been taken over by the Manks.Think the corrupt South Lanarkshire council got in on the act and the place is awash with nepotism and rancid beggars from top to bottom imo

I heard a few days ago that Parks sons were desperate to get on the board, and they don't have any interest in his bus business. Also that Jimmy Bell would be a goner first chance Park got.

could explain why bell looks like a right miserable bastard in the dugout past three games, everyone else buzzing he's sitting there face trippin him, good riddance to shite.

Don't think he would resign for a nothing, good luck to dougie park been corporate a couple of times at Ibrox with him through my old work buying bmw,s.

What business is it of anyone's on this forum or any other media outlet why this man has stepped down.His son by the looks of things is going to be looking after his investment so can't we just let the man resign and get on with his life rather than looking into things which have nothing to do with most of us.

Why not get a bit of info - if these guys are riding to the rescue one minute, then withdrawing a few months later, it's not unnatural for folk to want to find out a bit more.

Why not get a bit of info - if these guys are riding to the rescue one minute, then withdrawing a few months later, it's not unnatural for folk to want to find out a bit more.

His boys going onto the board he's hardly pulling out completely. I know this might be hard but read the thread very very carefully and then think just why some people can't dedicate all their time to us.

Graeme was always going to be the Parks man on the board but due to circumstances that wasn't possible...

Where does it say he is withdrawing anything from Rangers apart from his time.His son is moving onto the board so that should be that.Always someone looking for an angle,gossip or an opportunity to make up some shit.

I have not seen much written or said by Mr Park except this (lifted from Twitter)

"So we should now discard this notion that we are victims because the truth is we have not been defeated. We are still here. We are still standing. We are still Rangers and let no one forget we have a long, long history of victory"

I'm someone who likes to make his mind up based on facts - so let's have some.

I'm sure that for every one of the 'plenty' who know the situation, there are dozens that don't & many of those might be sympathetic if they knew what was behind it.

Painting it as 'there's no point in explaining it, they've made their minds up already' isn't helping anyone.

Many of us are not in the know, and like you I would like to have the facts behind him leaving. If it ill health with either him or his wife then I wish them well and hope they get well soon.

Like most things with our Club now if you are not part of the inner circle then you just have to guess what is going on. :(

Many of us are not in the know, and like you I would like to have the facts behind him leaving. If it ill health with either him or his wife then I wish them well and hope they get well soon.

Like most things with our Club now if you are not part of the inner circle then you just have to guess what is going on. :(

This has nothing to do with any 'inner-circle'

The club is hardly going to release a statement regarding personal issues for club directors..

Well said (tu)