Douglas Park

craigrfcc

RANGERS International Football Club PLC announces that Douglas Park has decided to step down from the Board and also the Board of The Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Mr Park feels he cannot at this time make a full contribution to the running of the Club and Company because of other commitments.

The Board thanks Mr Park for his valuable contribution which helped ensure Board room change earlier this year.

Mr Park’s place on both Boards will be taken by his son, Graeme.

Mr Park said: "I would like to put on record that although I held the position as Director for only a short period of time it has been an honour and a privilege to serve the Club and I will always be proud of the part I played in bringing this great institution back into the hands of those who have its best interests at heart.

"I am confident that going forward the Club is in good hands and will offer all my support to the Board in pursuing what is best for the Club. Rangers is hugely important to me and my family and I am delighted that Graeme is joining the Board."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing major

His son will be his voice on the board now, happy enough with that

Yup, he's laid the foundations for him by renewing the bus deal with Rangers and I'd assume he'll keep an eye on things

Edit- Beat me to it Corky

If only some people knew.

To insinuate all he cares about is his bus contract, despite not knowing the ins and outs of the deal and especially in these current circumstances, is insulting to the man.

Ultimatley he put his hand in his pocket and bought shares at a time when we were crying out for it, think he even did it before Dave King if I remember right.

No reason to have anything against him as far as I can see

To insinuate all he cares about is his bus contract, despite not knowing the ins and outs of the deal and especially in these current circumstances, is insulting to the man.

Totally agree and especially as you say at this difficult time.

Would you care to enlighten us?

Unfortunately people with a real affinity for the club have become a target for the haters...sad but true.

I dont usually get involved in any of the boardroom stuff.....

But. If the bus deal was a good one. Then surely it could have been a good news story.

As in"Parks of Hamilton have decided to provide this service to the Club at cost price/saving the Club x £ per year".....

Hope im wrong, but something seems not right about it.

Plus it makes the boards constitution look ridiculous.

:(

Edit. Reading he is unwell. I hope he is ok, this deal will be nothing in his overall wealth.

Still feel the same tho

Would you care to enlighten us?

Facts? What's the point. Too many prefer to jump to conclusions in regards to our own.

Plenty know and understand Mr Parks situation and respect it, but some would rather speculate and insinuate. Even if they don't know the reasons as to why he had decided to step down he's a Rangers fan.

Surely that gives him some sort of benefit of doubt?