Offside Rule - Fifth Goal

5th Goal was not offside. The official rule is that there must be a minimum of 2 opposition players ahead of the persn recieving the all when played forward bya pyer on the own team. An bopposition player ho is off the field of play counts s one of the 2 whereas a plaer on the attacking side off the field of play is not interferring with play. This is tstop an opposition layer deliberately stepping off the par to make a player offside. As a defender for years I used to hate this fact.

Alloa had a player off the park next to the gaol post whocounted as the secondplayer.

So if an opposition player is off the park, you can just leave a player up the field in an "offside" position and punt the ball up to him and he technically wouldn't be off-side?

That doesn't seem right. There must be more to this.

5th Goal was not offside. The official rule is that there must be a minimum of 2 opposition players ahead of the persn recieving the all when played forward bya pyer on the own team. An bopposition player ho is off the field of play counts s one of the 2 whereas a plaer on the attacking side off the field of play is not interferring with play. This is tstop an opposition layer deliberately stepping off the par to make a player offside. As a defender for years I used to hate this fact.

Alloa had a player off the park next to the gaol post whocounted as the secondplayer.

The fifth goal was definitely offside, one player only from alloa was slightly behind the goal line, no one else was anywhere near as close to the goal line as Kenny. Clearly offside.

So if an opposition player is off the park, you can just leave a player up the field in an "offside" position and punt the ball up to him and he technically wouldn't be off-side?

That doesn't seem right. There must be more to this.

He would have to be off the field but further up the field han the attacking player receiving the ball.

The fifth goal was definitely offside, one player only from alloa was slightly behind the goal line, no one else was anywhere near as close to the goal line as Kenny. Clearly offside.

Would need to watch goal again but I thought they had the guy on the line and one off the pitch at far post,but could be wrong.

This is only true if the defender has deliberately stepped off the field of play to play the attacker offside. Players who have accidentally left the field of play (tackling etc) are not included in this rule. No Alloa player deliberately left the field of play.

Its Law 11 and is quite specific.

This is only true if the defender has deliberately stepped off the field of play to play the attacker offside. Players who have accidentally left the field of play (tackling etc) are not included in this rule. No Alloa player deliberately left the field of play.

Its Law 11 and is quite specific.

Interpretated by referees that any player who leaves the field to effect the game, ie a tckle or block has been deemed to deliberately left the field of play.

Sure Celtic under MON had a goal disallowed either against or for them in Europe once because of this.

Check Sutton's goal in the 6-2 game after 50 seconds. Exact same as Miller's. Only 1 man between him and the goal.It was offside whilst Rod Wallace or Claudia Reyna scored an onside goal on the stroke of halftime that would have brought it back to 3-2,Oh and it was the same linesman who chalked off the Cadetta goal 3 years earlier that brought out the conspiracy theoriests apart from that awful day when the ref let the game flow! I ain't bitter!!

Just watched the goal again and you are correct my friend. I could have sworn when I saw the goal first time round h alloa player at the back post was off the pictch but he is actually about a yard on the pitch. Must be my old age. :anguish:

Sure Celtic under MON had a goal disallowed either against or for them in Europe once because of this.

Sure they did ........... but as this a Rangers' website I fail to see the relevance of this comparison, or however many fucks we would give for you revealing this information. :drugang:

:uk:

Interpretated by referees that any player who leaves the field to effect the game, ie a tckle or block has been deemed to deliberately left the field of play.

Absolutely not! The Law and FIFA interpretation is clear that the player has to step behind his own goal line IN ORDER to place an opponent in an offside position. It is clear that there has to be an intent. This guidance hasn't changed in many years.

Have you done a referees course at all or checked FIFA guidance?

Just watched the goal again and you are correct my friend. I could have sworn when I saw the goal first time round h alloa player at the back post was off the pictch but he is actually about a yard on the pitch. Must be my old age. :anguish:

Tbh Kenny should have known better and left it :)

Check Sutton's goal in the 6-2 game after 50 seconds. Exact same as Miller's. Only 1 man between him and the goal.It was offside whilst Rod Wallace or Claudia Reyna scored an onside goal on the stroke of halftime that would have brought it back to 3-2,Oh and it was the same linesman who chalked off the Cadetta goal 3 years earlier that brought out the conspiracy theoriests apart from that awful day when the ref let the game flow! I ain't bitter!!

Happy you dont hold a grudge :D

Miller was off, but we got a decision for once. KM should really have stepped over the ball, greedy bugger

I wonder what the reaction will be like when the new changes to the offside rule are applied for the first time this season.

"Previously a player to be in an offside position and be penalised, they would have to touch the ball or play the ball.

"The IFAB (International Football Association Board) has clarified this. They now say to be considered to be offside the player has to make a clear attempt to play the ball, be close to the ball and have an impact on the opponent, or to make an obvious action to have an impact of the opponent.
"So it actually makes it more understandable for football people. So when a player has an impact on a defending player they can be considered offside."

A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to the oppositions goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

The last player doesn't need to be a keeper... it can be anyone.

It is the 2nd to last defender..always....no matter if it is the keeper or not.

Ahem!!! I actually do know the offside rule!! :D

Is this your version?

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Is this your version?

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

:lol: I actually already knew it (I lived in a house with my husband and 3 teenage sons - I had to know it!)!

Maybe now though some of the cissy's on here will understand it :lol:

I've only seen it once but in all honesty I saw a defender on the line/behind it and miller almost on the line when he touched it home.

When the initial shot was struck tho and viewed from the Liney's position there was another defender around the RB area trying to step out. Miller still looked a yard offside until you take into account the angle of the goal line. The Liney had a mare yesterday but if he came out with a statement I'll bet he'd say as the ball was struck, the 2nd defender played him onside.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck, it counted and perhaps so should others. We've been robbed before so it's nice to get the run of the plastic once in a while. :D