**** Official Champions League Thread 2015/16 ****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Brillliant. Have always had a soft spot for Atletico, and they deserved to go through. Simeone is an amazing tactician.. Hopefully they will win it this time around.

Apparently they were on top in the first leg as well until Torres got red carded ... I wonder if Simeone will continue to turn down a move to the premiership?

24 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Apparently they were on top in the first leg as well until Torres got red carded ... I wonder if Simeone will continue to turn down a move to the premiership?

He has been quoted saying that he would only ever manage atletico, lazio and argentina. Money talks, of course, but id like to think that he would stay true to his word :)

26 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He has been quoted saying that he would only ever manage atletico, lazio and argentina. Money talks, of course, but id like to think that he would stay true to his word :)

I think if the right job came up though ... he's probably just saying don't waste my time with foot in the door clubs like Everton etc I'm better than that

17 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I know there is a clip of film of him scoring a famous goal with his head but it was a pretty straight forward one where as a lot of Ronaldo's are full of subtlety 

I think you need to do some more research on Pele:pipe:.

On 4/13/2016 at 10:37 PM, Blue Avenger said:

Hope City do it. Pelligrini deserves as much for the way he has handled himself through the Pep saga.

I also hope City win this. I do however feel that the media have (yet again) wrongly reported the Pep coming in and Pellers leaving saga..He always knew that City were waiting for Pep to explore his Bayern adventure and it was Pellers who chose to inform the media on deadline day that he was leaving and that Pep was coming in..No doubting the Class and Integrity shown by the Chilean Chap and despite my occasional upset at his continuing to play Bony and some other decisions I wish him well in the future, Who knows he may even come back and haunt City in the future.

As for the semi draw later this morning, I really dont have a preference. I am still in a wee bit of disbelief that City are actually in the draw for the Semi's. Going down to Maine Road on the occasional mid week to watch them get a draw in the old Division 2 seems like a different lifetime tbh.. 

9 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Fancy Atletico to beat Bayern. Will be the exact same as the Barca game.

I agree. In my opinion its the right team/manager to beat Bayern. He knows how to stop them.. Atletico v Real final again, I think. Atletico will win it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived