Old Tannadice

GOAT

Aye goat that's the end we had the Dundee Utd end now ... I can remember the terracing facing the main stand was very steep and they had big walls at the corner flags you could lean on

They had big ads for Skol lager! ( do they still sell that?)

Aye goat that's the end we had the Dundee Utd end now ... I can remember the terracing facing the main stand was very steep and they had big walls at the corner flags you could lean on

Just because I just seen highlights there from years ago. Cheers.

Before Tannadice was "done up" was the Rangers end the opposite side from what it is these days? Was the shed end behind the goal the Dundee Utd end?

Yes, think they only changed it sometime in the 90s. Was one of my favourite grounds as the terracing was so steep. See some great Rangers goal footage from the 80s on here with the crowd swaying down behind the goals (like the old kop).

Used to get crushed to fuck when we scored if you were standing near the corner, I remember the crowd spilled over onto the side of the pitch a couple of times when I was there late 80' early 90's...Dodgy as fuck terracing

One of my first away days was Tannadice around 1973. Football special from Queen Street then a march of hundreds of Bears from the station up to the ground. We all piled in to the Shed end, the United fans had no choice but to vacate the premises and stand in the pissing rain at the other end. That was how it worked back then with pay at the gate, wherever we played we just took over the place and the natives knew better than to try and stand their ground.

The terracing along the touchline was precariously steep, I remember the celebrations when we won the League there in 76.

I loved that steep terracing! At least if some big cunt stood in front it wasn't a problem. I remember Somerset park being the opposite. It was a struggle to see the game.

I loved that steep terracing! At least if some big cunt stood in front it wasn't a problem. I remember Somerset park being the opposite. It was a struggle to see the game.

Agree. Tynecastle was another ground with shallow terracing, you had to go about 30-40 yards back to get any height and perspective on the game.

Also liked Tannadice because it was always a happy hunting ground for us (well until recently anyway). Even when we were struggling in the days of John Greig managership, we could always go up there and turn them over.

Indeed it was I can mind watching a Dundee derby in a cup game there as a stoodent with the corner walls (was standing there), cheering on fellow Bears Billy Dodds and Ian McCall, who I knew from a Dundee local, think it was 91/92, but I'm sure to be corrected.