Gbh On Nathan Oduwa

Blue63

Yeah stick up for one another. I mean, if I did a bad tackle and I had Waghorn right up in my face personally I would shit it because he's built like a tank.

But definitely need to have a bit of gang mentality, because right now if we don't one or more of our players is going to get seriously injured and I've got a suspicion it'll be either Barry, Nathan or Gedion

This 100%. When I was playing rugby, I was taken out illegally but didn't see who did it. First comment to me from a team mate - "We saw who it was; You'll soon know". Within 5 minutes, I knew.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than all the what needs doing to this thug, what can be done? Worthwhile emailing the SFA, citing officer to look at his challenges. The referees association is part of the SFA website so no point in writing to them.

I've emailed the club asking if anything can be done or if they will be taking action.

This 100%. When I was playing rugby, I was taken out illegally but didn't see who did it. First comment to me from a team mate - "We saw who it was; You'll soon know". Within 5 minutes, I knew.

John Greig was the best at settling scores, Souey was too obvious as with Hurlock. That thug should have been surrounded by our players after that.. Lets him know he won't get away with it.

John Greig was the best at settling scores, Souey was too obvious as with Hurlock. That thug should have been surrounded by our players after that.. Lets him know he won't get away with it.

(tu)

Agreed Wullie, big Greig knew how to "let somebody know" they were on his list of things to do alright, and was not shy in taking the relevant action when it was required.

We need someone in that category to be able to out -enforce these opposition enforcers.

:uk:

(tu)

Agreed Wullie, big Greig knew how to "let somebody know" they were on his list of things to do alright, and was not shy in taking the relevant action when it was required.

We need someone in that category to be able to out -enforce these opposition enforcers.

If we are to have success as a team who play football the 'right way' with flair and skill then we really need officials who implement the rules.

And if the SFA want Scotland to produce excellent technical footballers then they should make strident efforts to protect them from agricultural challenges and thereby encouraging managers to play footballers over farmers.

If we are to have success as a team who play football the 'right way' with flair and skill then we really need officials who implement the rules.

And if the SFA want Scotland to produce excellent technical footballers then they should make strident efforts to protect them from agricultural challenges and thereby encouraging managers to play footballers over farmers.

:lol::lol::lol:

How quaint .....

I don't know how long you have been out of Scotland, or how long you have been following Scottish football, but this type of "play" has been around for a very long time, and our game officials have never been known to be able to draw a line under it.

Up here the game is flooded with crunchers, and we have had our fair share of them also, so we are not free and clear from some rough handling of the opposition, but in most cases only when it is deemed that a certain player (or rather farmer) needed to be solidly told that his ploughing was not going to be tolerated.

This tit for tat method I agree is not the way forward when you are trying to instil an ethos of stylish football, but the realities are just that some farmers grow horns when they come up against The Rangers, and even a bullfighter can get gored, hence the reason the matador has a team of picadors to "deflect" the bull away from the star of the arena.

This SFA you talk of are the biggest bunch of farmers in the country, and try as you might you will never change their cooperative farming methods, as they only allow organic methods when it applies to one team in Scotland .....

That "team" being a foreign crop of Irish descent, that they fertilise on a regular basis, to the detriment of the local indigenous crops. So the changes need to come from an association within the local populous who will have the homegrown varieties' best interests in mind.

Until that happening occurs you can forget about the beautiful game making any great form of indentation in Bonnie Scotland.

All that said, I digress, as this is a thread where we are discussing the rights and wrongs of a Rangers player being crunched by an inexperienced clugger of a player, trying to make a name for himself.

The referee (by some reports on Clyde 1), has admitted after seeing the replays that it was indeed a red card, and had he done as he is supposed to do and administered the correct understanding of the rules, i.e a red card, we would not be discussing this matter as the punishment would have fitted the crime ..... the opposite occurred ....... hence this thread.

Bottom line is that the opposing player was wrong and the referee was also wrong .... and sadly two wrongs don't make a right .... and even more sadly in the case of The Rangers in this case, the two wrongs were caused by others, but we end up the victims of this outcome ...... possibly coining the phrase ..... three wrongs don't make a right either.

Go figure.

Worst two "tackles" of the game, Keiran Gibbons and Declan Gallagher. I think I'm spotting a theme here.

(tu)(tu)(tu)

For sure mate, couldn't be clearer, they all want to be part of the deal, no matter the team or colour they actually play for, they all see themselves in a green hooped one, sad bastards.

Just a wee reminder for anyone who has somehow missed what all the fuss is about. Apparently, neither of these types of challenge even merit a booking in Scotland:

n46sg9.jpg

14oat01.jpg

The more I see the second one, the less I can believe nothing was done about it. Shocker.

Just a wee reminder for anyone who has somehow missed what all the fuss is about. Apparently, neither of these types of challenge even merit a booking in Scotland:

n46sg9.jpg

14oat01.jpg

The more I see the second one, the less I can believe nothing was done about it. Shocker.

Yep and that prick in the second clip im sure had another rugby tackle on Nicky Law later in the game