robbie fowler

I wouldnt pay £1.7million for Naismith and I'd take Fowler in a heart-beat. McCulloch can stay at Wigan for all I care, never worth £2.5million!

we wont get Naismith.

That last rejection was our final offer apparently

Good. Sick of this dragging on.

Would be brilliant if we got Fowler, and I think McCulloch would be a decent player to have in the squad - £2.5M is far too much but if he came for about £1.5M I'd be happy enough.

we wont get Naismith.

Would be brilliant if we got Fowler, and I think McCulloch would be a decent player to have in the squad - £2.5M is far too much but if he came for about £1.5M I'd be happy enough.

At 25 I doubt he'll be a squad player, but you never know

Fowler says he is as fit and determined to do well as he has been in a long, long time. Money isn't an issue for him. He just wants to play and be happy. Surely a risk worth taking!

Fowler says he is as fit and determined to do well as he has been in a long, long time. Money isn't an issue for him. He just wants to play and be happy. Surely a risk worth taking!

I saw an interview with him on SSN today and he looked like he had a sparkle in his eye again.

Something I never saw when he was at Man City and arguable when most where saying he was finished!

I cannot believe he has not even been offered a deal. He wants to come to Rangers and his wage demands wouldnt be that high. Whats the risk.?

I think,and it's only my opinion,that Watiie thinks that he already has a striker in his 30's and won't want another.

But for me i'd take Robbie no problem,if we could get a crackin right winger to supply crosses to him and Boyd then we'd destroy most teams.

Who knows we might be looking to play JCD down the right.

Fowler is a big name player and you couldnt doubt the glamour surrounding signing him but, is he really the answer? Part of me would love to see him here but my head tells me that he's not the solution. We dont really need a box predator as we have boyd. Our biggest priority is getting an attacking midfielder, this is what we are crying out for. Fowler is fantasy but unfortunately we are dealing in reality.

Fowler is a big name player and you couldnt doubt the glamour surrounding signing him but, is he really the answer? Part of me would love to see him here but my head tells me that he's not the solution. We dont really need a box predator as we have boyd. Our biggest priority is getting an attacking midfielder, this is what we are crying out for. Fowler is fantasy but unfortunately we are dealing in reality.

Fowler is more than a box predator, not only does he score goals but he also attacks the ball outside the area and becomes the provider.

I've said it before, I think Fowler should be offered a two year deal, let Naismith stay at Kilmarnock, blood some of our younger players (possibly in the League Cup) which will give them a chance to develop and then two years down the line we will be able to decide if we would need to even go for Naismith, who will be coming up to his final year of his contract, or if any of our younger players will be able to cope and provide on the big stage.

Fowler is more than a box predator, not only does he score goals but he also attacks the ball outside the area and becomes the provider.

I've said it before, I think Fowler should be offered a two year deal, let Naismith stay at Kilmarnock, blood some of our younger players (possibly in the League Cup) which will give them a chance to develop and then two years down the line we will be able to decide if we would need to even go for Naismith, who will be coming up to his final year of his contract, or if any of our younger players will be able to cope and provide on the big stage.

I think thats a great shout. Am not overly sure about Naismith tbh, I would much rather see Stevie Lennon in the squad first. Although, how weird would it be cheering someone called Lennon? haha

we wont get Naismith.

read in the paper today that not one Club have come to Fowler with an offer

sounds like our latest offer for naismith met the valuation, however we wanted to pay over 3 years and not up front. theres still scope for that move to happen.

as for fowler i dont think WS is interested or we would have talked to Fowler by now, perhaps if we dont get naismith we will make our move but I do not think we will move for both, we have already signed JCD and gow who can play up front so we don't need 2 more.

i dont see no reason why we can have naismith and fowler, fowler would be free, pass on his experience etc but i dont think we will be getting fowler now otherwise we would have had him signed, walter wanted players in place before training if possible and fowler has been available for a while.

naismith could also play on the right