Christian Wilhelmsson

ross02

christian wilhelmsson's loan deal at roma from nantes was recently terminated and with nantes being recently relegated i feel that this could be a good signing and would tip the transfer budget with nantes probably willing to accept around 2 million for the winger. I feel this would be a good move if we tried to get him. your thoughts please??

yeah i just thought with bain haggling over the pennies we could get this guy for a reasonable price and would give us the option with wingers which means the majority of the remaining budget could then be spent on naismith and cuellar and then for me a cover left back and right back plus a striker would do nicely

Great player but slightly inconsistant. He mainly plays on the left of midfield or as an out and out winger. Scarey when we are looking to spend £2million + on McCulloch when players like Wilhelmsson are going around for round about the same price.

yeah i just thought with bain haggling over the pennies we could get this guy for a reasonable price and would give us the option with wingers which means the majority of the remaining budget could then be spent on naismith and cuellar and then for me a cover left back and right back plus a striker would do nicely

Let's be honest if we can get him for £2 million, Bains starting price will be £600k. Then he'll go up in multiples of £10k till he gets told to piss off. Then rangers will say they tried :D:D:D

Cant see it happening I am afraid, I dare say smith had his back up targets scouted a long time ago...and honestly, I remember willhelmsson at the world cup and his first touch wasnt magic...

Sweden's Christian Wilhelmsson will be Sven-Goran Eriksson's first signing as Manchester City manager. The Nantes winger will cost £500,000. (NotW)

Sweden's Christian Wilhelmsson will be Sven-Goran Eriksson's first signing as Manchester City manager. The Nantes winger will cost £500,000. (NotW)

Have to take this one with a pinch of salt coming from the NOTW. £500k would be a bargain though, even more so when other papers are linking us to paying £1.8m for whittaker doh

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=476543

We should deffo have a look at this guy, only £2M, that a f..ckin bargain, he would be immense and could easily fill the vacant right wing position... Still only 27 so he has at least 3-4 decent seasons left in him and from what I've seen of him for Sweden he would be the perfect player to deliver quality crosses to Boydie, McCulloch and co....

WALTER IF YOU READING THIS GET YOUR FINGER OOT !!

• 2 weeks later...