'glasgow' Rangers

Briton

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being a bit pedantic. Hardly something to get up in arms about.

You'll probably find most people in the UK will call us "Rangers".

Apart from the odd news broadcast, I've only ever heard people overseas call us "Glasgow Rangers".

You have a strange idea of what is pedantic...I don't think getting the club's name right qualifies. Most people in the UK think our name is Glasgow Rangers...there's no doubt about that. Not surprising if some of our own fans and officials don't seem to know our name. FIFA always get our name right...pedantic fuckers. ;)

You have a strange idea of what is pedantic...I don't think getting the club's name right qualifies. Most people in the UK think our name is Glasgow Rangers...there's no doubt about that. Not surprising if some of our own fans and officials don't seem to know our name. FIFA always get our name right...pedantic fuckers. ;)

I see calling you pedantic hit a nerve...

I lived in Surrey for a year whilst working down south and I don't recall anyone ever calling us "Glasgow Rangers". Any time I met someone new and they found out I was Glasgow I either got asked "Are you from the blue side or the green side?" or "Are you a Rangers man then?" Never once did someone say "Do you support Glasgow Rangers".

You are a seriously troubled person if shite like this bothers you.

1. I see calling you pedantic hit a nerve...

2. I lived in Surrey for a year whilst working down south and I don't recall anyone ever calling us "Glasgow Rangers". Any time I met someone new and they found out I was Glasgow I either got asked "Are you from the blue side or the green side?" or "Are you a Rangers man then?" Never once did someone say "Do you support Glasgow Rangers".

3.You are a seriously troubled person if shite like this bothers you.

1. Then you saw incorrectly. I just disagree it's pedantic.

2. My experience differs. I've lost count of the times I've received the reply "Glasgow Rangers?". Very few English people know we are actually Rangers F.C. Not surprising given that we are constantly referred to in the media as Glasgow Rangers.

3. Another fucker who can't read. I just don't think that getting our name right is "shite". Obviously you disagree.

Agree 100% it annoys the shit out of me as well. I started a new topic months ago about this but most of the posters didn't give a shit. IMO the club officials should refer to us as The Rangers as that's what we are.

Of course they should.

1. Then you saw incorrectly. I just disagree it's pedantic.

2. My experience differs. I've lost count of the times I've received the reply "Glasgow Rangers?". Very few English people know we are actually Rangers F.C. Not surprising given that we are constantly referred to in the media as Glasgow Rangers.

3. Another fucker who can't read. I just don't think that getting our name right is "shite". Obviously you disagree.

You must be right laugh at parties.

When im talking about us I usually call us "The Rangers" as in "im going to see the Rangers on Saturday"

But I use Glasgow Rangers also, I often refer to us as "The World Famous Glasgow Rangers"

Im not even from Glasgow but ive always liked the term Glasgow Rangers for some reason.

Ever notice how hardly any teams actually have a name like we do, probably over 90% of football teams are just named after a town or city, giving a team a name is a kind of American thing these days.

Christ what a stupid thing to get your panties in a bunch over.

Next you'll complain about Waghorn being called Waggy because Waggy isn't much of a nickname.

That's nonsense. We are not talking about nicknames. I refer to the club as the 'gers or the Teddy Bears on occasion. That's completely different from fans and, in particular, officials getting our name wrong.

That's nonsense. We are not talking about nicknames. I refer to the club as the 'gers or the Teddy Bears on occasion. That's completely different from fans and, in particular, officials getting our name wrong.

Its pretty much a non issue though, all Scottish reporters refer to us as Rangers, its only usually abroad and in England that they refer to us as Glasgow Rangers which is fair enough imo

Is that rhetorical? If so no response required.

No. I noticed my error and would have corrected it if could (maybe a mod would?). Funny how you haven't been accused of pedantry for pointing it out though. ;)

I honestly don't mate, I've only ever just used Rangers.

But everybody has there own way.

(tu) No bother mate was just curious, most of the time when im in a pub and hear someone calls us "The Rangers" it makes me assume theyre probably a Bear, unless they do the typical pathetic tarrier pish where they call us THE Rangers like its some kind of mind fuck or something :lol:

Its pretty much a non issue though, all Scottish reporters refer to us as Rangers, its only usually abroad and in England that they refer to us as Glasgow Rangers which is fair enough imo

Usually but by no means always. You see plenty of Bears here using Glasgow Rangers. One pundit who constantly refers to us that way is Joe Jordan.

So you cant even get the name right, the Club is called Rangers Football Club or Rangers FC

I'm using the as 'thee', as in the one and only (I thought that italics would have indicated that). Besides; the club has at least been officially The Rangers Football Club, unlike Glasgow Rangers.

I prefer my answer; "no, The Rangers".

Saying Glasgow Rangers is better than just The Rangers

Firstly, it gives location. There is only 1 major football team in Glasgow called Rangers, so no confusion

Secondly, it's more informative and sounds less snarky.

Thirdly, The Rangers is something the taigs refer to us in the same way as they call us sevco.