Waghorn

K.A.I

2 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Not singling out anyone in particular but I think all the player threads would be much cooler if we kept one for each player, and re-bumped that every time, instead of a new thread every week for example it would be like a 100 page saga thread of the players whole season

What about a section like the boredroom  section with a thread for each player.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem we have is Waggy is our main scorer so if he doesn't score then we struggle to see teams off, we should've gave him a chance to rest at times this season and used the squad and younger players like Warburton has banged his drum about but we haven't.  Warburton has had the chance to rotate against lower opposition (Cowdenbeath springing to mind) but decided to go with a full strength side, so some of our players will suffer from some kind of burnout. I personally think that Warburton doesn't trust the backups for Waggy (Clark,Hardie) so feels he needs to play him when possible but like everyone has said on here he should've went out and got an out and out striker rather than these winger/striker/no.10 players. 

If he's missing easy chances then he deserves some kind of criticism but as far as his season has went he's been our standout player and is just suffering from a drought that will end soon enough and form will come with it.

1 hour ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

What I don't get with these players is how their confidence is allowed to become an issue, you would think in this day and age there is someone there to pull the guy into a room and fire on a DVD of his goals and assists so far this season, and say "That's you banging those away, ya tadger, man the fuck up, lift the chin and go bang in some more"
 Novo suffered from it and someone who never seemed to was McCoist, Ally would miss loads of chances and just when you were thinking he had lost his touch he would pop up with the winner.

I love the guy (Wag), personally I wouldn't drop him as he is likely to regain that touch at any time, he just needs to get his head in the right place.

If only you could bottle up confidence :pipe:

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Maybe he deserves some criticism, but it's been way OTT lately. 

That's Rangers fans for you sometimes, though. Look forward to him being 'Waggy' again soon.

No criticism deserved, Waghorn has more than earned his transfer fee to the club.

25 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Why not just have a SCAPEGOAT thread.  That varies wildly from season to season, often game to game.

***** The Official Scapegoat Thread 2015/16 *****

Goes between Danny and Gedion depending on which way the wind blows, Danny who is young enough to grow into our best defender and Gedion who has bags of potential that we will probably only see on the telly.:005:

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

In that wee temp seating stand at Alloa on Saturday there was some unbelievable comments such as that.

I've seen a lot of people on here say he needs dropped or rested. I've only had my Facebook account back up about a week and I knew there was a reason I stayed off they fan pages - cash in, sell him, over-rated, useless etc.

Unfortunately we have a lot of fucking braindead retards amongst our support. They fan pages on FB are full of cunts that think McCoist was a good manager for us. :anguish:

27 minutes ago, Sket said:

Unfortunately we have a lot of fucking braindead retards amongst our support. They fan pages on FB are full of cunts that think McCoist was a good manager for us. :anguish:

He was a good manager if only he had been given more time and more money.

2 hours ago, allgers said:

What about a section like the boredroom  section with a thread for each player.

Good idea mate - I think it would be more interesting possibly if all the player threads were one single thread each that always got re-bumped, so that the threads can go up to 100 pages then 1000 etc.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

McCoist's bad spell as Manager will have turned around to some romantic tale of heroism in a few decades time .That I'm certain .

Just now, eejay the dj said:

McCoist's bad spell as Manager will have turned around to some romantic tale of heroism in a few decades time .That I'm certain .

Is it possible to turn cluelessness and greed into a romantic tale of heroism?

The 1 I heard at Ibrox was that waghorn would chase the ball if there was a cheeseburger on the end of it, the twat that said it got it tight though. I agree that he might be a confidence player but we need more than that next year we can't have him disappearing at some stage of the season we need him on his game all the time unless injured. There's definitely a cracking player in there who will come good again before the end of the season. We will need to get behind him and let him feel the way he felt before going off the boil. Penalty miss and reasonably easy goal scoring oppertunities going against him has probably shot his confidence but maybe a goal will get him going again. Hopefully 

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The only criticism I have is when people say he is the most gifted player in the country. He's not. He is a very good player having a very good year and I'm so glad to have him play for us.  But lets remember the opposition we play against every week.

Who said he's the most gifted player in the country?

41 minutes ago, Sket said:

Is it possible to turn cluelessness and greed into a romantic tale of heroism?

I was being sarky but I can honestly see the passage of time being kind to Ally .

He keeps out of the limelight now regards us . He is a such a big fan obviously so I guess it's out of respect to us :P

36 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The only criticism I have is when people say he is the most gifted player in the country. He's not. He is a very good player having a very good year and I'm so glad to have him play for us.  But lets remember the opposition we play against every week.

Agree with this but he is definitely should be  first name for the starting 11 in the first game next season .

He has earned that for me and will prove it further in coming months  .

27 goals in 33 games, but not scored in 5 so people get on his back. MW has consistently said he wants goals throughout the team. The way we play doesn't suit a one man goal machine, but Waggy made a rod for his own back with some fans due to his relentless start.

Holt hasn't scored in his last 5 appearances, anyone on his back for more goals? Miller and McKay no goals in their last 4, any threads about them not being good enough? As for Law, the second coming for some fans, 1 goal all season.

Waggy will bounce back, just like he did earlier in the season when some doubted him, but it's not all on his shoulders.