Atlantic League back on the cards?

GOAT

19 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

So your idea is to do nothing and just let Scottish Football and including us die? Because that's what will happen its passive lazy attitudes like yours which have gotten us to the stage we are at now.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

What part of my post said let's do nothing?

Thank you I accept your apology

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if all of this is coming about now because clubs from the big leagues outside the EPL are becoming concerned at the TV power of the EPL from next year, and maybe even the rise of China. Some of the bigger clubs in Italy, France, Spain and Germany are probably a bit concerned at being financially outmuscled by the likes of West Ham and Southampton.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I wonder if all of this is coming about now because clubs from the big leagues outside the EPL are becoming concerned at the TV power of the EPL from next year, and maybe even the rise of China. Some of the bigger clubs in Italy, France, Spain and Germany are probably a bit concerned at being financially outmuscled by the likes of West Ham and Southampton.

BT are a huge company but I just can't see how they will make any money out of the EPL deal. Seems like they're just using their financial muscle to go after Sky to me. I know Sky are also a big and profitable company but there's obviously a bit of a price war going on.

IMO BT know fine they are going to lose a lot of money in this and they think it's worth it to increase their subscriptions and damage Sky's

Got to be a good idea but as goat said there would have to be relegation promotion and other things in there, as courtyard bear says anything to get away from the back stabbing cunts about here. I would love it if this went through. Imo the champions league has got worse over the years anyway with really only 3/5 teams have a chance of winning it and that's only through money. Rangers are bigger than most champions league teams when you take money away. the Scottish game is poisonous for us, they want our blue pound but absolutely hate us, something not right there. WATP and get us out of here. On a side note I think England are scared to have us and celt as we would be serious competition for them, the Welsh teams probably won't ever be competition to them and if u ask anyone about us going down there they will say it won't happen as there would be to much trouble, that's a lot of shite anyway as the old firms would be played here and we could play home/away at separate times. It's time for a change and anything like the Atlantic league must happen for us to prosper and leave the shit in Scotland behind. 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

PREMIER                                           CHAMPIONSHIP

Rangers                                              Standard Liege

Porto                                                   AZ Alkmaar

Feyenoord                                          AEK Athens     

Ajax                                                    PAOK 

Celtic                                                  SC Braga

Anderlecht                                          KRC Genk

FC Copenhagen                                Aberdeen

Basel                                                 Standard Liege

Panathinaikos                                    FC Twente Enschede

Benfica                                              BSC Young Boys

IFK Gothenburg                                 KAA Gent

Rosenborg                                         Malmo

Sporting Lisbon                                 Molde

Olympiakos                                        Heart of Midlothian

Brondby                                             FC Zurich

Club Brugge                                      AIK Stockholm

Hearts v Hibs

Molde v Viking

Malmo v Odense

Gent v Antwerp

Twente v Utrecht

Braga v Maritimo

AEK v Aris Salonika

It just stuck me that this list maybe looks alot more impressive to someone aged over about 35, that can actually remember when alot of these teams regularly competed at a higher level in European football when big teams in small leagues actually won European competitions and were bigger deals, and can more easily grasp their potential.

Might look less good to younger fans?? Dunno.

Just to get carried away a bit, You could have an Eastern League as well. Some tasty derbies and rivalries in there. :)

Sparta Prague

Steuea Bucharest

Rapid Bucharest

Red Star Belgrade

Partizan Belgrade

Slovan Bratislava

CSKA Sofia

Levski Sofia

Besiktas

Legia Warsaw

Austria Vienna

Rapid Vienna

Red Bull Salzburg

Ferencvaros

Debrecen

Dinamo Zagreb

Hadjuk Split

Fenerbahce

Galatasaray

Lech Poznan

and a former Soviet League

Spartak

CSKA

Lokomotiv

Dynamo Moscow

Dynamo Kiev

Bate Borisov

Dnipro

Shakhtar Donetsk

Dynamo Tblisi

Zenit

Astana

Shakhter Karagandy

Metalist Kharkov

Rubin Kazan

Zalgiris Vilnius

Neftchi Baku

27 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

If us and them were in the Atlantic league it would have more eyes on an old firm game as they would be part of the league. Imagine an old firm game worth the whole of Europe watching. 

Old Firm matches are already watched world wide.