Halliday

The Rangers FC

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Scott Allan was said to be one of our own.  The big Rangers man just like, Andy.  Let's rewind to last summer - If Warburton wasn't interested in Halliday but Celtic offered to take both him and Scott to Celtic you think he would've knocked that back?  He'd be a Celtic player right now helping them to win the league again.  The only thing footballers care about is money.  Lafferty, Davis, McGregor, Naismith, all left us because of money.  If a team down South offered Halliday twice the wage I'm certain he'd go back down there.  Andy Halliday isn't doing this club a favour by being here, he's getting paid a lot of money.  If you think he'd do it for free you're deluded.  The second Halliday is no longer good enough I'd expect Warburton to go and find someone better.  Some of our best player weren't fans to begin with at least.  Were Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz, Numan, Jelavic all Bears?  No, but great players.  McCoist was a big Rangers fan but an absolute shite manager and toxic for the club. 

We don't need 'Rangers men' we need people who can do their job!

Lets just keep it in the realms of today.Halliday plays for Rangers not Celtic what he might of done or not last summer you and I will never know so lets not speculate on the unknown. On the subject of being deluded are you not the poster who while dealing in what ifs and could have beens was flying all things Hivs just a few short weeks ago.Telling us how Hivs wouldn't be running scared of MOH and how they had made a great signing in that venomous cunt stokes and how they nearly beat us here and we nearly didn't beat them there in fact challenging fellow bears to put there mortgage on Rangers if they were so confident of winning the league.It takes all kinds I suppose but think I will let MW decide if AH or any other Rangers player is good enough or not. Think I would rather trust his judgement before the Fergies and Guardiolas on here and most certainly trust his judgement before the Hivs appreciation society.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I don't care who's in the boardroom, management and squad aslong as they are good to take us to the next level.

Halliday has been murder for months and get's away with it because he's a Rangers boy from the Copland. I don't dislike him, but he's over-rated.

Think your being a bit harsh here as if anything more scrutiny is on him due to the fact so many fans know he is a Rangers lad. He is doing a job in a position where he is basically not used to but pulling on the jersey means he tries his hardest which is something we have lacked in many players in past few years so lets not say he has been murder and lets say he is trying his best out of position but I agree he will have to step it up next season and I think he will.

8 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Think your being a bit harsh here as if anything more scrutiny is on him due to the fact so many fans know he is a Rangers lad. He is doing a job in a position where he is basically not used to but pulling on the jersey means he tries his hardest which is something we have lacked in many players in past few years so lets not say he has been murder and lets say he is trying his best out of position but I agree he will have to step it up next season and I think he will.

But that position everyone says he's not used to, he was brilliant the first couple of months of the season in? 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Where would you say was his best position mate?

He is an attacking player and I reckon in attacking midfield role he will thrive but we have nobody to fill the defence to midfield gap until crooks arrives although you have Ball but MW prefers Andy maybe cause he is a better passer or attacking minded. A question for a Q&A session with MW :)

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But that position everyone says he's not used to, he was brilliant the first couple of months of the season in? 

The whole team were brilliant the first few months so when he truly fucks up then I will call him murder as I think a few others have dipped in performance more than Halliday.

2 hours ago, jintybear said:

The worry I have with Halliday is his passion can sometimes lead to rash decisions. I can't see us still having 11 on the park when we play the scum because I can see Andy being shown a red :huh:

Only for his celebration of our goals.

41 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Judging by your last sentence then Andy isn't "doing his job" , the gaffer is obviously stupid and has missed this while we've cruised into a towering position above a team who have beaten Premiership opposition this season.

I

Andy has most likely been signed as a squad player.  As I said before, he's not good enough to make a positon his own in the Championship let alone next season.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We don't need 'Rangers men' we need people who can do their job!

You've actually made a good point here. However, like we've previously discussed and also returning to the original point of the thread we DO need atleast one Rangers man in the changing room and on the park.

I can't multiquote, well maybe I can I just don't know how to, but I think @RFCRobertson previously mentioned the influence Halliday must impose on players from outside our country - this is proved with the original picture I opened the thread with.

Not only that, a Rangers man in the changing room and on the park brings; passion, pride, fire, desire, jesus this is like a song, fight, drive, he'll get the blood pumping and may get you a boot up the arse if your under performing or having a stormer so to speak.

These traits are crucial in a winning team. These traits are what get you over the line in the long run. In my opinion of course.

I'd like to find out who else in our squad is a true Rangers supporter, or who may impose themselves as much as Halliday may. Probably Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace, even if they weren't boyhood fans to begin with. Maybe Sheils?

Cammy Bell - Supposedly a fan.

James Tavernier - Outsider.

Rob Kiernan - Outsider.

Lee Wallace - Hearts fan, Great servant of our club regardless.

Dominic Ball - Outsider.

Nicky Law - Outsider.

Gedion Zelalem - Outsider.

Kenny Miller - Unsure.

David Templeton - Supposedly a fan, "Cooper"

Nicky Clark - Definitely a fan.

Harry Forrester - Has a pic of him as a kid in a Rangers top, Fan??

Andy Halliday - Need I say anything. :lol:

Billy King - Unsure.

Barrie McKay - Unsure.

Dean Shiels - Definitely a fan.

Jason Holt - Hearts fan? Been pictured at Ibrox in the past.

Wes Foderingham - Outsider.

Danny Wilson - Unsure.

Michael O'Halloran - Unsure.

Maciej Gostomski - Definetly not.

Martyn Waghorn - Outsider.

Sorry for the line spacing, pain in the arse for me too. Feel terrible for calling our players outsiders (td)

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't care who's in the boardroom, management and squad aslong as they are good to take us to the next level.

Halliday has been murder for months and get's away with it because he's a Rangers boy from the Copland. I don't dislike him, but he's over-rated.

Look what not caring who's who has got us recently mate, I personally feel it's better to have that attachment to the club in these areas as it won't allow shit like the last 4 years to possibly happen again! As for Halliday I believe he is a good player who's maybe suffering from playing bit part seasons in England to playing the majority of our season. I'd like to see if he's up for a season in the the premier after a proper pre season.

15 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Look what not caring who's who has got us recently mate, I personally feel it's better to have that attachment to the club in these areas as it won't allow shit like the last 4 years to possibly happen again! As for Halliday I believe he is a good player who's maybe suffering from playing bit part seasons in England to playing the majority of our season. I'd like to see if he's up for a season in the the premier after a proper pre season.

The problems we had wasn't down to not caring if it wasn't Rangers people in charge it was simply bad choices in some departments and dodgy bastards in other departments 

McCoist was meant to be a Rangers man after all 

rangers man means nothing to me mate 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The problems we had wasn't down to not caring if it wasn't Rangers people in charge it was simply bad choices in some departments and dodgy bastards in other departments 

McCoist was meant to be a Rangers man after all 

rangers man means nothing to me mate 

Fair enough mate like everyone else here your entitled??. But all I would say is this if it wasn't for McCoist the fan we would have lost titles, cups and a lot lot more! Reason why in my opinion that fan connection should exist in some way.??

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Fair enough mate like everyone else here your entitled??. But all I would say is this if it wasn't for McCoist the fan we would have lost titles, cups and a lot lot more! Reason why in my opinion that fan connection should exist in some way.??

Sorry mate can't agree with any of that - each to their own tho 

10 hours ago, The Rangers FC said:

You've actually made a good point here. However, like we've previously discussed and also returning to the original point of the thread we DO need atleast one Rangers man in the changing room and on the park.

I can't multiquote, well maybe I can I just don't know how to, but I think @RFCRobertson previously mentioned the influence Halliday must impose on players from outside our country - this is proved with the original picture I opened the thread with.

Not only that, a Rangers man in the changing room and on the park brings; passion, pride, fire, desire, jesus this is like a song, fight, drive, he'll get the blood pumping and may get you a boot up the arse if your under performing or having a stormer so to speak.

These traits are crucial in a winning team. These traits are what get you over the line in the long run. In my opinion of course.

Warburton is a Spurs fan yet he seems to positively influence the entire dressing room in all the ways you've just listed.  Ally McCoist was arguably much more of a Rangers man and iconic figure yet he inspired none of the things you've just listed. Good honest hard working professionals is all we need and they've been noticeably absent from our club in recent years.

Needs to gub a couple of brave pills before his next match  to play CDM you need somesteel and be willing to at least go in for 50/50's; Andy doesnt, shite bag - Scott brown would destroy him for fun sadly  being such a due hard dan I would've expected him to have more grit and dig about him  

Considering he's pretty much a gauranteed starter (which might change next season) and he was given a new four year deal after only six months it's clear that Warburton rates Halliday and he thinks he can be an important member of the squad both in the short and long term.

7 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Needs to gub a couple of brave pills before his next match  to play CDM you need somesteel and be willing to at least go in for 50/50's; Andy doesnt, shite bag - Scott brown would destroy him for fun sadly  being such a due hard dan I would've expected him to have more grit and dig about him  

A shite bag? Behave yourself, fs.

23 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Take it you have seen Scott brown 'destroying' a few midfielders this season?

Cunts in my work who follow THEM have been saying he's finished.

When does Andy impose himself in any games in a physical sense?  When does he got about flattening opposition players?  Doesn't even throw himself into them - he has plenty of chances to do so this season and hasn't even tried in that sense. For me that makes him a shite bag.  The reference regarding Brown is that folk are saying wait till we play Celtic, wait till he plays Brown. Brown would run rings round Andy ... Sadly 

5 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

When does Andy impose himself in any games in a physical sense?  When does he got about flattening opposition players?  Doesn't even throw himself into them - he has plenty of chances to do so this season and hasn't even tried in that sense. For me that makes him a shite bag.  The reference regarding Brown is that folk are saying wait till we play Celtic, wait till he plays Brown. Brown would run rings round Andy ... Sadly 

Would you have Barry McKay playing in Haliday position?

Don't forget, Haliday is playing out of position, he's a winger by trade. 

5 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Going about "flattening" players is only giving the refs an excuse to book him or send him off.

If you cast your mind back to the Hibs game at Ibrox or the Morton game away you will remember that refs will use any excuse to book Andy.

Who have you seen brown run rings around this season then?