Halliday

The Rangers FC

1 hour ago, The Rangers FC said:

I love this. This is the way it should be, a true Rangers man showing the other boys just how much it means to be a Ranger.

He may get criticized often, some say he wont cut it in the premiership. I disagree. 

I can only imagine how much he imposes himself in the changing room.

Much like a certain Sandy Jardine, a Hearts man who knew what it meant to play for the Rangers.

Halliday will one day be a Club Ambassador, watch this space!

love.jpg

Who made the quote? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Halliday will go on to be a great player for us for many years. A sidenote is that if he didn't sign for us he was definitely going to sign for another English club apparently on more money, I'm not sure which division but in my opinion he is definitely better than at least 95% of SPFL midfielders.

If you doubt Halliday next season (like some people have said), I wouldn't be sure if for example if you have watched scott brown this season even for a full 90 minutes ... or any of their MF players for a full 90 this season ... so i'm not sure there is any reason to doubt him at all. He might even be possibly playing primarily as an attacking midfielder next season after Crooks arrives.

Halliday has been excellent this season IMO.  Don't see any reason why he shouldn't be equally impressive next season in the top league.

Think a better comparison with a player from the past would have been with Alex MacDonald - he was also a local boy who wore his heart on his sleeve during his playing days.  If Halliday reaches anywhere near to the level of wee Doddy during his career with us, he'll do alright. 

1 hour ago, TonyRice1872 said:

I think Halliday will go on to be a great player for us for many years. A sidenote is that if he didn't sign for us he was definitely going to sign for another English club apparently on more money, I'm not sure which division but in my opinion he is definitely better than at least 95% of SPFL midfielders.

If you doubt Halliday next season (like some people have said), I wouldn't be sure if for example if you have watched scott brown this season even for a full 90 minutes ... or any of their MF players for a full 90 this season ... so i'm not sure there is any reason to doubt him at all. He might even be possibly playing primarily as an attacking midfielder next season after Crooks arrives.

why would i watch the wean touchers for 90 minutes????

3 hours ago, The Rangers FC said:

I love this. This is the way it should be, a true Rangers man showing the other boys just how much it means to be a Ranger.

He may get criticized often, some say he wont cut it in the premiership. I disagree. 

I can only imagine how much he imposes himself in the changing room.

Much like a certain Sandy Jardine, a Hearts man who knew what it meant to play for the Rangers.

Halliday will one day be a Club Ambassador, watch this space!

love.jpg

Ambassador? he wont even be a first team regular next season....cant doubt his allegiance but i think this tends to sway a few peoples opinions on some of his performances

I know what the OP is getting at, you have a dressing room full of lads who didn't know how big a club we are until they set foot through the door, I can picture Halliday sitting there telling them stories of him going to matches back in the day, and how celt*c being at the top of Scottish football isn't acceptable.

Kinda irks me when people have wee digs at a guy who would probably play in goals for us, just for the privilege of pulling on the jersey.

I trust the gaffer to decide when Andy's not good enough and until then I'll enjoy having one of 'us' living the dream.

Isn't Haliday playing out of position right now? 

Either way, I really like Haliday and think he deserves a spot in the team. Mr Warburton has seen something in him to warrant a contract extension after being with the club only months. 

So I'll trust Mr Warburtons judgement considering he's gotten us 11 points clear at the top of the table with only 10 games to go. 

I also trust that Haliday, come hell or high water will play for the shirt, badge and club until the last second of his contract. 

46 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I know what the OP is getting at, you have a dressing room full of lads who didn't know how big a club we are until they set foot through the door, I can picture Halliday sitting there telling them stories of him going to matches back in the day, and how celt*c being at the top of Scottish football isn't acceptable.

Kinda irks me when people have wee digs at a guy who would probably play in goals for us, just for the privilege of pulling on the jersey.

I trust the gaffer to decide when Andy's not good enough and until then I'll enjoy having one of 'us' living the dream.

Pretty much spot on in every aspect.

Was thinking exactly that yesterday, whether by accident or design having a diehard fan in the dressing room to push the new boys - who probably don't know much about the club, judging by Waggy getting an education by tom miller yesterday, about our history and the demands of being expected to win every game ect.

Its up to Andy to make the step up, playing against better , faster players can only help him to progress imo

4 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Tbh he looked poor when pushed further forward.he'll be a squad player next season(happy to be proved wrong though)he's living the dream like all us would love to

2 hours ago, Sket said:

You are wrong

I really don't think I am.  Halliday ain't good enough to play CDM even in this league never mind next year.  I doubt Halliday's going to play as a CM for us next year either as we'll strengthen those two positions and have guys like Holt and Windass.  So where will Halliday play?  We already have Wallace at LB and we can get someone better for the wing.

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Really couldn't have said it better myself, considering my OP :lol:

6 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Fans in the boardroom

Fans in the management 

Fans in the squad

ye canny beat it!!????⚽️

I don't care who's in the boardroom, management and squad aslong as they are good to take us to the next level.

Halliday has been murder for months and get's away with it because he's a Rangers boy from the Copland. I don't dislike him, but he's over-rated.

3 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I can picture Halliday sitting there telling them stories of him going to matches back in the day, and how celt*c being at the top of Scottish football isn't acceptable.

Scott Allan was said to be one of our own.  The big Rangers man just like, Andy.  Let's rewind to last summer - If Warburton wasn't interested in Halliday but Celtic offered to take both him and Scott to Celtic you think he would've knocked that back?  He'd be a Celtic player right now helping them to win the league again.  The only thing footballers care about is money.  Lafferty, Davis, McGregor, Naismith, all left us because of money.  If a team down South offered Halliday twice the wage I'm certain he'd go back down there.  Andy Halliday isn't doing this club a favour by being here, he's getting paid a lot of money.  If you think he'd do it for free you're deluded.  The second Halliday is no longer good enough I'd expect Warburton to go and find someone better.  Some of our best player weren't fans to begin with at least.  Were Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz, Numan, Jelavic all Bears?  No, but great players.  McCoist was a big Rangers fan but an absolute shite manager and toxic for the club. 

We don't need 'Rangers men' we need people who can do their job!

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Scott Allan was said to be one of our own.  The big Rangers man just like, Andy.  Let's rewind to last summer - If Warburton wasn't interested in Halliday but Celtic offered to take both him and Scott to Celtic you think he would've knocked that back?  He'd be a Celtic player right now helping them to win the league again.  The only thing footballers care about is money.  Lafferty, Davis, McGregor, Naismith, all left us because of money.  If a team down South offered Halliday twice the wage I'm certain he'd go back down there.  Andy Halliday isn't doing this club a favour by being here, he's getting paid a lot of money.  If you think he'd do it for free you're deluded.  The second Halliday is no longer good enough I'd expect Warburton to go and find someone better.  Some of our best player weren't fans to begin with at least.  Were Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz, Numan, Jelavic all Bears?  No, but great players.  McCoist was a big Rangers fan but an absolute shite manager and toxic for the club. 

We don't need 'Rangers men' we need people who can do their job!

I don't understand why you seem so angry about this.

The OP was highlighting something said about Halliday and happened to add in that he disagrees that he isn't good enough for the top league.

Cue people slating Andy's ability, I think the purpose of the topic was a feel good one and that the player is a great influence in the dressing room.

Is he good enough for the top league? I don't know, I'll let the gaffer decide that as he seems to know what he's doing judging by our progress this year.

Judging by your last sentence then Andy isn't "doing his job" , the gaffer is obviously stupid and has missed this while we've cruised into a towering position above a team who have beaten Premiership opposition this season.

I