Rangers Archive Match Footage - Facebook group

neilston42

Hi, for anyone interested in watching vintage clips of Rangers, I run a Facebook group called Rangers Archive Match Footage.

If you are on Facebook you are more than welcome to join here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rangersarchivefootage/

Here is the group description, we currently have over 28,700 members, including many former players.

The group is for Rangers supporters only, and we post clips and pictures of Rangers from 1921 up to 2011, and also games from this season.

I post footage from all eras, including Cup Finals, European, Friendlies and Domestic action, and also post compilations of players and non match footage from my collection.

There are many Ladies and youngsters in the group, so keep language civil at all times, no need for swearing please, and posts will be deleted if this is not followed.

Please do not add supporters of other clubs, or try to tag non Rangers supporters in any of the posts. Anyone doing so can expect to be removed from the group.

Be respectful to other posters; remember we are all linked by the love of our Club.

This is NOT a general discussion group for non-footage topics such as current team issues, boardroom issues, religion or politics, there are plenty of other pages/ forums available for that. 

This is a closed group, and as such there is no facility to share the videos.

Feel free to add your friends and family to the group, as long as they are Rangers supporters.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Most importantly, enjoy the videos and relive the memories of some of the great days in our proud history.

12 minutes ago, neilston42 said:

Hi, for anyone interested in watching vintage clips of Rangers, I run a Facebook group called Rangers Archive Match Footage.

http:// https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rangersarchivefootage/

Here is the group description, we currently have over 28,700 members, including many former players.

The group is for Rangers supporters only, and we post clips and pictures of Rangers from 1921 up to 2011, and also games from this season.

I post footage from all eras, including Cup Finals, European, Friendlies and Domestic action, and also post compilations of players and non match footage from my collection.

There are many Ladies and youngsters in the group, so keep language civil at all times, no need for swearing please, and posts will be deleted if this is not followed.

Please do not add supporters of other clubs, or try to tag non Rangers supporters in any of the posts. Anyone doing so can expect to be removed from the group.

Be respectful to other posters; remember we are all linked by the love of our Club.

This is NOT a general discussion group for non-footage topics such as current team issues, boardroom issues, religion or politics, there are plenty of other pages/ forums available for that. 

Feel free to add your friends and family to the group, as long as they are Rangers supporters.

Most importantly, enjoy the videos and relive the memories of some of the great days in our proud history.

Your page is fantastic mate, kept my mates and I entertained on many a night with a few drinksdrinks (tu)

Ive got a video footage question which I hope you may may able to answer or some other Bears may be able to help.

When Davie Cooper scored his classic goal in the Drybrough cup final, there seems only to be the footage from behind the goal line. 

On the run up to the goal there is a different camera angle and footage and it's to ask if you know if that is out there as I think it would be another piece of brilliant footage?

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Ive got a video footage question which I hope you may may able to answer or some other Bears may be able to help.

When Davie Cooper scored his classic goal in the Drybrough cup final, there seems only to be the footage from behind the goal line. 

On the run up to the goal there is a different camera angle and footage and it's to ask if you know if that is out there as I think it would be another piece of brilliant footage?

the only footage was from the Celtic video club. I have never seen any footage of the 3rd goal from the Main stand angle unfortunately

21 minutes ago, neilston42 said:

I don't use FB much but signed for this a couple of weeks ago.

Cracking page (tu)

3 minutes ago, neilston42 said:

the only footage was from the Celtic video club. I have never seen any footage of the 3rd goal from the Main stand angle unfortunately

Cool but if you watch the extended clip there's defo another angle. 

Is it their actual footage or do you think they've got it from somewhere like the bbc or some other broadcaster?

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Is it their actual footage or do you think they've got it from somewhere like the bbc or some other broadcaster?

Pretty sure there wasn't any highlights of that game shown at the time and the only coverage was for the news maybe.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

sorry, I meant I hadn't seen any more footage after Miller's pass out to Doddie and then the camera changes angle. Celtic used to video all their matches, it was not from the BBC or any other broadcaster.

5 minutes ago, neilston42 said:

sorry, I meant I hadn't seen any more footage after Miller's pass out to Doddie and then the camera changes angle. Celtic used to video all their matches, it was not from the BBC or any other broadcaster.

Cheers ?

Great stuff neilston42 :praise: 

Must be plenty of Gers fans and football historians, even general football afficiandos who really appreciate this. 

(why only from 1921 though ?. Is it lack of footage and photos from those times ?)

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Great stuff neilston42 :praise: 

Must be plenty of Gers fans and football historians, even general football afficiandos who really appreciate this. 

(why only from 1921 though ?. Is it lack of footage and photos from those times ?)

that is the earliest footage I have found, I have plenty of pics from before then :-)

1 hour ago, neilston42 said:

Smashing page. Keep up the good work ☺

2 hours ago, neilston42 said:

Page is diferrent class mate! By far best Rangers page on FB