Tickets for tonight

Hi,

just to let people know, i am just off the phone to the ticket office as I can't make tonight's game now due to work. I phoned to put my ticket up for 'buy back' the guy said probably wont be sold as there is still up to 1000 tickets left for sale around the ground plus numerous buy backs! Why has it been announced a sell out when it's obviously not?

Came in from the pub on Saturday night and ordered 2 online for me and my son who celebrates his sixteenth today. It gave me the option of post/collect I chose post. On reading the small print on the email booking confirmation last night it says if they are not ordered 3 working days before the match they must be collected. Now nervously waiting on the post if he doesn't deliver the tickets and I have to collect them it will mean a change of travel plans as my supporters bus won't get me there early enough to collect and will need to go on the train this afternoon. You would think the email would state if they are in the post or if they have to be collected but it doesn't in fact it shouldn't have given me the option of post if it was past the deadline.

11 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

Came in from the pub on Saturday night and ordered 2 online for me and my son who celebrates his sixteenth today. It gave me the option of post/collect I chose post. On reading the small print on the email booking confirmation last night it says if they are not ordered 3 working days before the match they must be collected. Now nervously waiting on the post if he doesn't deliver the tickets and I have to collect them it will mean a change of travel plans as my supporters bus won't get me there early enough to collect and will need to go on the train this afternoon. You would think the email would state if they are in the post or if they have to be collected but it doesn't in fact it shouldn't have given me the option of post if it was past the deadline.

If I'm wrong then I sincerely apologise but my understanding is they would have posted them out yesterday for next day delivery so they should be with you. It's happened to me a few times, I hate the nervous wait for the post. 

Good luck 

You know if a shop only has one or two pairs of shoes left they take them off display and say they're sold out when really there is two pairs that can be bought, you've just got to ask.

11 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

If I'm wrong then I sincerely apologise but my understanding is they would have posted them out yesterday for next day delivery so they should be with you. It's happened to me a few times, I hate the nervous wait for the post. 

Good luck 

Cheers, I hope you are right, the train is a nightmare. They don't seem to have charged me for postage, just a 2pound online charge does this not suggest I have to collect. A simple post/collect on the email would have avoided any confusion.