Shoot: Old Firm clash a great chance to boost players confidence

The Dude

Two trophies in a week isn’t a bad return, is it? With the Championship title and Petrofac Cup in the bag, attention now moves to Sunday’s Old Firm clash.

A win for Mark Warburton’s side will be a huge boost to the players’ confidence and will provide the support with the bragging rights until the resumption of league hostilities later in the year.

Read more: http://www.shoot.co.uk/sundays-old-firm-clash-a-great-chance-to-boost-confidence-of-rangers-players/

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

Decent article for a junkie...

Very true about next season, anything other than a challenge for the top isn't going to be acceptable, top 4 is just a joke if anyone thinks they'd be ok with that.

I think, worst case, if we finish a distant second to Celtic but continue to play good football it wouldn't be too bad. Third or worse isn't acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think, worst case, if we finish a distant second to Celtic but continue to play good football it wouldn't be too bad. Third or worse isn't acceptable. 

Yeh i think that's the minimum people will be happy with and also myself.

We aren't far from it now, although Sunday will also be an indicator but with some smart signings i see no reason not to be near the top.

1 hour ago, ianb1547 said:

Good article...its a pity it has a photo of MW at his former employers - not wearing the Rangers tie and suit. 

I've asked about it, it's down to the photo library we have access to. I'm not sure who it is but I'm told we're likely changing soon.

I wish I had your confidence, Dude. Losing Forrester has just pushed this game a bit too much in their favour now. Missing those 4 front men is huge. And I think they'll raise their game too. It's a very hard game to call, but I'm going into it in hope rather than expectation tbh.