Where are we going to finish this year and why?

Rangers Season  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• Champions
    • Runners-up
    • Third or Below

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'ts still to early to take an educated guess,we still don't know who Walter will bring in,in the next week or two.But if the season had to start today,I'd have to say that Celtic probably have more quality players,and a deeper bench,and I see we are going to be pinning our hopes on Boyd to win games for us,which dosen't sit well with this Bear.

I've picked champions.

I done this because I trust in Walter Smith. In the last two old firm games we have won both. With a squad liket he one we had, that is some major achievement from Smith.

Now that he has built a bigger and better squad (let's be honest, couldn't be any worse) I think he will run the SPL next season.

I know sellick have re-built too, but I don't think they have bought anyone that scares me into thinking they are a beter squad than last term. They have bought players to replace existing players, but haven't actually improved as a team.

That, of course, is just my opinion

I've picked champions.

I done this because I trust in Walter Smith. In the last two old firm games we have won both. With a squad liket he one we had, that is some major achievement from Smith.

Now that he has built a bigger and better squad (let's be honest, couldn't be any worse) I think he will run the SPL next season.

I know sellick have re-built too, but I don't think they have bought anyone that scares me into thinking they are a beter squad than last term. They have bought players to replace existing players, but haven't actually improved as a team.

agreed

Champions .... for the same reason most have said, Celtic have the same defence as previously & it was shown to be poor prior to the teams around them improving thier attacking options in the close season.

I believe they will lose points against the smaller teams (as we did previously) and i think our performances against these same teams will improve .... thereby providing us wiht the points total to win the league ... (Easy ehhh !!!!)

I've picked champions.

Have to disagree steely_gers!

Think it's much too early to tell if Celtic have improved - they were very average in the Scotland last yr and the previous one too but i'm sure even a Wee arrogant sod like Strachan will have learnt something in those two yr!!!

In my opinion IF RANGERS CONTINUE TO LET CELTIC STEAL THE LIMELIGHT AND CONTINUE TO PUT OURSELVES UP AS 'UNDERDOGS' and HIT THE GROUND RUNNING AND TAKE A 7 POINT LEAGUE LEAD BY NOVEMBER WE'LL WIN IT... Otherwise 2nd will have to suffice! :(

The good thing is Walter knows how to play mindgames :pipegreen: and that combined with us taking a humble attitude might swing it THEN WE WILL SEE STRACHAN GO INTO FULL TARRIER MODE - they're where signs when they got beat 5-0 in Europe - in his 1st season.. :lol:

Champions, because if you think about it we had a better team than Celtic towards the end of last season we've improved it more than Celtic has so we'll still hace a better team. Also we'll need ladyluck on our side and some never-say-die attitude that Celtic had last season but am sure we will because after all we are the people!!

Champions.

Never been more certain since the start of the campaign for the 6th title during NIAR. This season will be a cakewalk for WS and Ally and Chesney will be getting pelters from the tramps who are already growing tired of him.

Nothing surer - 52 here we come.

Champions.

Never been more certain since the start of the campaign for the 6th title during NIAR. This season will be a cakewalk for WS and Ally and Chesney will be getting pelters from the tramps who are already growing tired of him.

Nothing surer - 52 here we come.

this will be WGS's last season in charge.

Now that he is up against a real manager he'll get found out

Smith has the beating of Strachan already I think. He beat them twice last season with a dodgy squad, since we have improved it, I think we can do it :)

Yep, Wee GS has a shit team and he knows it.

We'll coast it. :lol:

Smith has the beating of Strachan already I think. He beat them twice last season with a dodgy squad, since we have improved it, I think we can do it :)

Yep, Wee GS has a shit team and he knows it.

We'll coast it. :lol:

dont be so sure as we thought the same last year. :rolleyes: