Police Scotland tonight

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

How the hell did a thread about a wee boy singing at a football match turn to a theological debate about some mythical omnipotent being.  

The thread was going ok, usual RM stuff - then one of the board bedwetters jumps in on page three with:

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ha ha this thread - a 'constructive' first post and then folk trying to define being a Rangers fan based on your politics - next thing we'll all be in church playing at being Protestant because we are season ticket holders. It's a sad fuck that defines their politics or religion based on supporting a team! :lol: 

It was to be expected :rolleyes:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I believe he was singing - I don't believe the rest about him and his dad nearly getting arrested on sectarian grounds! 

I couldn't give a fuck what you believe and what you don't. Your head in the sand mentality, along with many others is one of the reasons this happens. Anything that upsets the establishment or goes against the status quo and your right there with your little peace and love flag giving everyone free cookies

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I couldn't give a fuck what you believe and what you don't. Your head in the sand mentality, along with many others is one of the reasons this happens. Anything that upsets the establishment or goes against the status quo and your right there with your little peace and love flag giving everyone free cookies

I assume you have reported it with  the same gusto your using to bring it to our intention? 

15 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ha ha this thread - a 'constructive' first post and then folk trying to define being a Rangers firrelsn based on your politics - next thing we'll all be in church playing at being Protestant because we are season ticket holders. It's a sad fuck that defines their politics or religion based on supporting a team! :lol: 

Im confused here," a constructive first post" you say but your first reply was " bollocks" . Dont do the God shite so the rest IS Irelevant. :)

7 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Im confused here," a constructive first post" you say but your first reply was " bollocks" . Dont do the God shite so the rest IS Irelevant. :)

Did I say '.constructive' I meant constructed! As in contrived! 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Which one? And does the bible really define 'Protestant' ? Or does it define Christian? ( and again which God? ) and really 99% of our support believe in God? Any God? Aye ok then. 

If the bible doesn't define 'Protestant' or 'Christian' who are you to try and force your vision of it on others?!! It's all down to the individual, and their own conscience, what their relationship with God is! Your argument is built on sand (bible pun intended) in this instance....you think that by exposing People as Godless and demanding that they admit they don't attend church then you can say: "ha, see, you're not a Protestant, you're a hypocrite"!! And then attack them for bringing it into their love of Rangers!! The crucial thing here is that People identify themselves as Protestant because it's their right to do so....God or not, church or not!! 

12 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

The crucial thing here is that People identify themselves as Protestant because it's their right to do so....God or not, church or not!! 

Then they need to be careful not to identify a bus as a bouncy castle.

16 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

If the bible doesn't define 'Protestant' or 'Christian' who are you to try and force your vision of it on others?!! It's all down to the individual, and their own conscience, what their relationship with God is! Your argument is built on sand (bible pun intended) in this instance....you think that by exposing People as Godless and demanding that they admit they don't attend church then you can say: "ha, see, you're not a Protestant, you're a hypocrite"!! And then attack them for bringing it into their love of Rangers!! The crucial thing here is that People identify themselves as Protestant because it's their right to do so....God or not, church or not!! 

Right, thanks for clearing that up,  or not.

11 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

So folk that define themselves as Protestant but don't believe in God and don't go to church but do support Rangers are NOT hypocrites? :lol::lol: lay off the drugs - your argument will make even the ardent PUL supporters cringe! 

Comedy gold! 

16 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's a sad fuck that defines their politics or religion based on supporting a team! :lol: 

Its also fairly insulting to make the assumption that folk are incapable of make political or religious choices independently from the football team they support.

The inference in those words is illuminating.

Righto, guess it's time for this to be locked.  but first....

I think that it's fine if you don't think religion and football should go together, and I also think it's fine that for a huge amount, it does.   both of those are fine/ perfectly acceptable pinions to hold.  where this thread gos to fuck is when one poster says "only a sad fuck brings religion into football" ( maybe I am paraphrasing a tiny bit there, i forget)   This is inflamatory and will almost certainly result in, well what has resulted.  There is no need for a post like that IMO, it is pretty much baiting.

firing out tons of abuse really doesn't help though.  That, needs to stop too.  Some of the abuse that gets thrown about on here IS shameful.  We shouldn't be speaking to eachother like that, it isn't acceptabe in normal society and it wont be acceptable here either.

No real point in taking any action on anyone as there are way too many peope in the wrong, and I can't be arsed going through it all again to pick out specific posts.   But I will be locking it.

And another thing, this " a mod called a member a unionist wanker"    Yes, that happened, but with all things, context it key.   It was a toungue in cheek direct response to another member calling someone a nat wanker.   

Was it in bad taste, probably.   Was it malicious and spiteful and deserving of any action being taken... well no.

/thread.

• gogzy locked this topic