Sheep to build a new pen

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It would be a bit pointless building a bigger stadium when they can barely fill the one they have at the moment.

Even with the best form they've shown in the best part of twenty years they only have an average attendance of just over 13,000.

I can't believe their average attendance is only about 13k this year. WTF is wrong with the fans of these clubs? I would have thought the place would have been a sellout most matches.

33 minutes ago, The Educator said:

Have big doubts that this plan will go ahead. To me it looks like some smoke and mirrors to divert their fans from why they blew their best chance in decades of winning a title.

:lol::lol: imagine, the past four years theyve all been thinking "ken like we're gonnae do it this year eh min" only for them to blow it in typical sheep fashion

Given house prices in Aberdeen, I wonder who owns the land where the current stadium is and how much it could be worth with flats/house built on it. Enough to cover the cost of the new stadium or at least a large chunk of it?

7 minutes ago, FSM said:

Given house prices in Aberdeen, I wonder who owns the land where the current stadium is and how much it could be worth with flats/house built on it. Enough to cover the cost of the new stadium or at least a large chunk of it?

Could it be the council and therefore where state aid may enter the equation? 

Also, this is now their third attempt to move. It may also fail. 

7 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Could it be the council and therefore where state aid may enter the equation? 

Also, this is now their third attempt to move. It may also fail. 

Just checked and if Wiki is correct then the club own the land (not sure of the boundaries though). Stewart Milne's housebuilding company buying it from the club to develop it into new seaview flats?

Plans for a new stadium began when the club indicated that further development of Pittodrie Stadium was not possible due to the age of the ground and the restrictions from surrounding land. The severe disruption to the clubs activities, and the potential to wipe out some of the club's debt by selling the club owned land for redevelopment, moreover, made a new stadium the only viable option.